Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
Just paid a sale price of $59,005.44, on a new 18, GT350. :cheers: Market value or final MSRP with options on the window sticker was $61,515.00. Lightning Blue car, no stripes, Electronics Package. Fair deal I think, but I have seen some stealership's still with 3-10k ADM's.
what state did you get it in?
Sponsored

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My dealer had an ADM of $10k on a standard GT350. My statement to the CA, "you're nuts". Stated if he could work with the GM on a price below MSRP, I would be willing to move forward with the purchase. Roughly 24 hours later, $2,500 discount from MSRP on a new 2017 (purchased in March). I'm happy but I will confess that, at times, I wish the color combo was LB w/ white stripes.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
My dealer had an ADM of $10k on a standard GT350. My statement to the CA, "you're nuts". Stated if he could work with the GM on a price below MSRP, I would be willing to move forward with the purchase. Roughly 24 hours later, $2,500 discount from MSRP on a new 2017 (purchased in March). I'm happy but I will confess that, at times, I wish the color combo was LB w/ white stripes.
Lightning Blue is a wonderful color. Pictures don't do it justice. I'm not much of a stripe guy, but the white does look good on the LB.

Shelby Daniels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
18' GT350R + 15' Range Rover SC
Paying ADM makes you a dumb ass? We'll see what the 19's do but I don't think this car and the mark-up can be compared to others. The GT350 is the most celebrated all around well received cars I have ever seen.

Car enthusiasts are among the most tribal + fickle groups and it seems like the only thing they can ALL agree on is that the GT350 is a special car and they all want one. I don't know of another car that got more people to cross over from BMW, Porsche, Vettes, Tuners or exotics the way this car has.

Full disclosure though, this is a bit of the pot and kettle. Being in SoCal, I saw a guy pay 20k over right in-front of me and I clowned on him knowing he could have paid much less somewhere else. But where else and how much trouble and heart ache are you willing to subject yourself to so you can save some $.

Since pulling the trigger a few weeks when it made no sense for me financially or otherwise, I couldn't be happier and the $ is the last thing on my mind. If paying $10k over makes me a dumb ass, cool. Im a dumb ass with a big smile on my face every morning pulling out of my garage.

Could I have saved $10-20k or $30k by waiting a couple years and buy it from some dumb ass who probably sold it to get the next car I want, sure but check this out. You could probably be patient and land the prom queen at your 15 year reunion but the guy you got your used GT350 from was the prom king.

Anyways, excuse the lame metaphor. As a new proud owner of an 18 350R, It was worth every penny of that ADM to see her pulled out of the showroom that day.

Good luck in your pursuit.

Sponsored

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Paying ADM makes you a dumb ass? We'll see what the 19's do but I don't think this car and the mark-up can be compared to others. The GT350 is the most celebrated all around well received cars I have ever seen.

Car enthusiasts are among the most tribal + fickle groups and it seems like the only thing they can ALL agree on is that the GT350 is a special car and they all want one. I don't know of another car that got more people to cross over from BMW, Porsche, Vettes, Tuners or exotics the way this car has.

Full disclosure though, this is a bit of the pot and kettle. Being in SoCal, I saw a guy pay 20k over right in-front of me and I clowned on him knowing he could have paid much less somewhere else. But where else and how much trouble and heart ache are you willing to subject yourself to so you can save some $.

Since pulling the trigger a few weeks when it made no sense for me financially or otherwise, I couldn't be happier and the $ is the last thing on my mind. If paying $10k over makes me a dumb ass, cool. Im a dumb ass with a big smile on my face every morning pulling out of my garage.

Could I have saved $10-20k or $30k by waiting a couple years and buy it from some dumb ass who probably sold it to get the next car I want, sure but check this out. You could probably be patient and land the prom queen at your 15 year reunion but the guy you got your used GT350 from was the prom king.

Anyways, excuse the lame metaphor. As a new proud owner of an 18 350R, It was worth every penny of that ADM to see her pulled out of the showroom that day.

Good luck in your pursuit.
This is unfortunately the typical first world westerner’s mindset now. “Pay my way out of any trouble, as long as I get what I want I dont care”. Absolutely no principals, no sense of right vs wrong or setting a role example. We just choose the easy way out.

- The dishwasher drain is leaking? Sure call a plumber, give him $250 for a $10 part.
- Buy a house in suburbs with a big yard, but dont ever get dirt under your fingernails. Hire a landscaper and pay them $1000/month to come make your lawn look pretty.
- Buy a GT3, then make a post in forums complaining about how little rocks got into the lower rocker panel seam and then file a warranty claim against Porsche.
- Buy a GT3RS and a GT2RS, but never track them, never properly push them, put 1000 miles/year on them.

Shall I go on more?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I don't know who the fuck pays a landscaper $1,000 a month. I pay mine $125 a month. There's nothing wrong with paying somebody to do work. My time is better spent working on my business rather than digging holes in my backyard. It would cost me money to spend half a day pulling weeds and mowing my lawn. I can pay somebody to do that and go make $250 an hour at my buisness, and no that's not a made-up number.

Last edited:

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This is unfortunately the typical first world westerner’s mindset now. “Pay my way out of any trouble, as long as I get what I want I dont care”. Absolutely no principals, no sense of right vs wrong or setting a role example. We just choose the easy way out.

- The dishwasher drain is leaking? Sure call a plumber, give him $250 for a $10 part.
- Buy a house in suburbs with a big yard, but dont ever get dirt under your fingernails. Hire a landscaper and pay them $1000/month to come make your lawn look pretty.
- Buy a GT3, then make a post in forums complaining about how little rocks got into the lower rocker panel seam and then file a warranty claim against Porsche.
- Buy a GT3RS and a GT2RS, but never track them, never properly push them, put 1000 miles/year on them.

Shall I go on more?
Buy a GT350 instead of a $10,000 used Camry. People, I feel ya.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
QUOTE]
I'm trying to figure out what this had to with principals, right and wrong, and an example. Its all subjective and relative to the person and their situation. Its not rationale to hold a view of everyone in a box. Dogs bark, dogs wag and I prefer wagging. If someone spends a bit more, its their choice. I do agree their are some bad choices and we have our own vices. You might eat out a lot, have a time share, have several cars, go on vacations, expensive women, and etc. I think some of that is a waste, but I'll let other people do that. I mow my own lawn while my neighbros spend hours pulling weeds and planting crap. they hate me as I drive by while they getting dirty. They can have that. I have hills and corners to conquer.

In the end, money isn't real and its unimportant when you're dead. It's all relative. A third world person would see your lifestyle is way too much and you should have a beater and might consider you wealthy. A wealthy dude would call you peasant. Get off your high horse and live and let live, dude!
:cheers:

Sponsored

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
I live in Southern California where ADM is on all dealers 10k,20k and sometimes more. I made a lot of calls and searched but no luck. Shelbys are available everywhere here but you have to pay the markup. So i searched out of state and found a 18 Lead foot grey with electronic package and bought it for $58600. I flew there and drove the car back home. One hell of a trip and one hell of a car. Couldn’t be more happier!

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I live in Southern California where ADM is on all dealers 10k,20k and sometimes more. I made a lot of calls and searched but no luck. Shelbys are available everywhere here but you have to pay the markup. So i searched out of state and found a 18 Lead foot grey with electronic package and bought it for $58600. I flew there and drove the car back home. One hell of a trip and one hell of a car. Couldn’t be more happier!

Good deal man! Congrats on the purchase. How far did you go out of state? How many miles to get it back home?