Sponsored

Mustang Track Day

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Took the PP2 to the track for its first run this morning. Comparing to my previous 2017 GT PP1, there really is no comparison. Handling is phenomenal, sticks to the track, suspension and tires are great. Although I have raced this track numerous times it was the first time in this car, so wanted to learn its capabilities and gather information, I pushed it hard still though.

It was probably 85-90 degrees outside on the first run at 6:50am, track temperature maybe little more. I ran quite a few laps in first session, and as I was coming off track the axle temperature warning came on. Temperatures on everything else were good and no brake fade. Second session at 8:40am it was warmer out, probably 95 degrees, this time I did not stay out as long but did notice axle temp gauge climbing, 2 or 3 more laps and warning probably would have come on again. I did not go out on the third session. Coolers sure would be nice but I guess that would just make it a Shelby and Ford can't have that.

Track length is 1.25 miles with quite a few turns and really only one straight away. So there was a lot of acceleration and braking, was in third gear mostly through the whole course. I think on some of the longer tracks it will do better in regards to heating up. I raced the 2.5 mile one in my 17 GT and had no heating issues.

Overall, very happy with car. Might only be a couple more race days, as it is heating up here in AZ.

If anybody else has tracked their PP2, or other Mustang please post your experiences. Or if you have a Camaro, I guess you can too, no smack talking though. That is my brothers ZL1-1LE in photo and no, I cannot keep up with him but he has been racing a lot longer than me with that car, plus the extra 190 HP helps and it was purpose built for racing.
IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1657.JPG
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Wow man, nice. We're there any standard 1le's? Are you able to. Provide any time comparisons to your 17 gt?

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Wow man, nice. We're there any standard 1le's? Are you able to. Provide any time comparisons to your 17 gt?
No comparisons yet, as I did not run time trial this time. There were a few SS's, and one other ZL1. I will do time trial next time and compare to my brothers as well as others at the track. Like I said, I was more getting familiar with the car this time out. It is definitely better than my 17 GT PP, but than again, it's suppose to be.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
As much as I love the chassis of the current 1LE, I could not get myself to even test drive it. I have Ford Blue running in my veins and while the GT350 is what I longed for, I honestly don't believe we are that far off with the PP2 for far less money.

I think as time goes on, and more people on here track their cars, we will learn what the cars respond to. I'm already considering a switch to GT350 springs.

Thanks for sharing

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the PP2 has the m-5300-w springs already?
I can't remember in which thread it was but the part numbers seemed to match the springs in the 5300 package

As much as I love the chassis of the current 1LE, I could not get myself to even test drive it. I have Ford Blue running in my veins and while the GT350 is what I longed for, I honestly don't believe we are that far off with the PP2 for far less money.

I think as time goes on, and more people on here track their cars, we will learn what the cars respond to. I'm already considering a switch to GT350 springs.

Thanks for sharing
Sponsored