Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Update: I’m not thrilled. Sales guy told me there were “minor scratches” on the bumper. I followed up with him on Saturday and he said he hasn’t heard anything. Didn’t offer to follow up. Just had heard nothing and left it at that. I’m not even confident he’s looked at the car. He was not my initial salesman (who I’ve bought from before and is awesome) who worked with me for the multiple test drives I took. All this guy did was put the order in for me because my guy was busy. I don’t even want this guy to get the sale at this point.

Found it outside the body shop today. It clearly is not minor surface scratches. Someone backed it into something or it was hit by someone else. Already had my friend who does body work look at it. Given the gouging and how the surrounding bumper bends light reflection, he said he would request replacement.. On a $5,000 used car, maybe, but not on a $40,000 brand new one.

I’m hopeful that they’re going to offer to replace the whole piece-and I’m not super pumped about them attaching that correctly, either. I simply won’t accept a repair like that on a 40,000 brand new car.

I’m mostly annoyed by the complete lack of transparency here. I’m going to cut the crap and talk to the sales manager about it. It could be that they are already planning on replacement but nobody is communicating with each other. I won’t go guns blazing about it, but I don’t think I’m being unreasonable in expressing that my customer experience has not been good enough.

I’ll attach pics shortly.
Stick with your guns, and yes talk with the General Manager about the lack of communications from the sales floor. It's hard to tell but it looks like the bumper itself is gouged. Also I would ask for a new diffuser as that one will never straighten out. Good Luck.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was thinking the same thing. I was on my hands and knees looking under it and all over the thing looking at panel spacing on Wed night. It was dark but I specifically checked the bumpers for any kind of damage. I saw nothing like that. I took pics but not of the right side, darn it. There is a little tiny scuff on the left side they circled as well.

Hopefully ford makes this right. I had a terrible experience on my only other ford (escape with tranny issues and driveline vibe they deemed normal). Never thought I’d be back, but the mustang sucked me in.

A competing dealer has a lightning blue GT 401a on the way. It just doesn’t have the blue interior nor does it have active exhaust. And those features are the main reason I ordered the car as opposed to buying from stock.

Sad to let her go, but I will if I have to.
Yup, new bumper, new diffuser and a quality body shop to do the work. Anything less and I would walk away from this car. Maybe ask them to throw in a few free oil changes as well. Also, I’d hold on completing any paperwork until the car has been fixed and you’ve been able to inspect it and verify that the repairs are satisfactory.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I shot the two sales managers a short, professional email today to get the ball rolling and to establish a paper trail. Just mentioned the lack of communication and said I was just checking to see what the game plan is. I did also mention I’ve seen the bumper at this point. It is complete crap that I even have to do this, btw. It should just be handled without me pushing for anything.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I shot the two sales managers a short, professional email today to get the ball rolling and to establish a paper trail. Just mentioned the lack of communication and said I was just checking to see what the game plan is. I did also mention I’ve seen the bumper at this point. It is complete crap that I even have to do this, btw. It should just be handled without me pushing for anything.
Sorry you are dealing with that crap. I would be extremely disappointed myself. I wouldn't take it unless they replaced the bumper. Based on the pictures, it definitely looks like someone backed into something. I saw you mentioned a competing dealership has one incoming. Have you done an expanded inventory search to find one that has the same features as your order?

Sponsored

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry you are dealing with that crap. I would be extremely disappointed myself. I wouldn't take it unless they replaced the bumper. Based on the pictures, it definitely looks like someone backed into something. I saw you mentioned a competing dealership has one incoming. Have you done an expanded inventory search to find one that has the same features as your order?
I have checked around a little just in case I need to go in another direction. There are two with the main features I want (interior/exterior color, 401a, active exhaust) that are at least in the same general region as I am. One in Fargo, ND and one a little south of St Louis. They are both November 2017 builds so I wouldn’t have sync connect which is not a huge deal, but was still interested in having it. They also both have a bunch of extra $$ stuff I don’t really feel I need (safe and smart, 20 inch wheels, enhanced security package). The fact that a bunch of people have driven them takes some fun away too. Was looking forward to being the first and only person to really drive it aside from the people who moved it along the way. I’m sure their time on the lot could help with the cost.

There is a Kona blue one around the region too that has the features I want, but man, I’ve got my heart set on lightning blue. :-).

I’m sure there are more further away. I’ll poke around more if I need to do so.

After going to battle with ford on a car I actually owned, I’m jaded toward this situation because that process was a disaster. I’ll just try to stay positive until I know more.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looks like the train ride is done. The car is about 45 miles away and needs to be trucked to the dealer which should happen sometime between today and Thursday.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Sales manager called me first thing this morning. Said they will absolutely be replacing the entire bumper/diffuser and apologized for the lack of communication/effort from my sales guy. He said he’ll have a better idea of timing in the next few days. I’ll trust the process for now. He said all the right things, now I just want to make sure they do all the right things.

You can bet your butt I’ll look over the fit of the new bumper with a microscope. I saw enough 2017s on the lots with the bumper popping out on the side to have that in my head. Didn’t see that issue on any of the 2018s though.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Ok ok ok ok. Lets see how this week goes. Maybe I'll get lucky and be taking delivery by Friday?
At this rate, maybe ours will be on the same truck. The train is going pretty fast like you said. I checked with FP this morning and mine is passing through Nevada as we speak. On Friday, it was in Illinois.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Sales manager called me first thing this morning. Said they will absolutely be replacing the entire bumper/diffuser and apologized for the lack of communication/effort from my sales guy. He said he’ll have a better idea of timing in the next few days. I’ll trust the process for now. He said all the right things, now I just want to make sure they do all the right things.

You can bet your butt I’ll look over the fit of the new bumper with a microscope. I saw enough 2017s on the lots with the bumper popping out on the side to have that in my head. Didn’t see that issue on any of the 2018s though.
That's good to hear. Sounds like they are taking care of you finally. Hopefully the dealership will do a good job replacing the bumper.

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

I've found being professional, calm, and cool is the best in these type situations. As my dear old Dad used to say, "Son, you get more flies with honey". Good luck my friend, and accept not but the best on your car.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ok ok ok ok. Lets see how this week goes. Maybe I'll get lucky and be taking delivery by Friday?
Fingers crossed for you my friend. Mine is still setting on the 21st delivery. Now if the Ford Gods will just smile on me. :D

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm looking at a 4/14-4/20 delivery. Car is in PA at the moment. How time flies!

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
FP says still in Milpitas as of today. I reached out to one of the sales managers at my dealer. Doubt I'll hear anything back.

I'm starting to get impatient and irritated. WTH could my car be doing in Milpitas for 11 days now? The train was the easy part.
I imagine the trucking company waits to have a full load before they deliver, but there has to be enough cars going through there to where the wait wouldn't be long. The only other thing I can think of is maybe there is a backlog of rail cars waiting to be unloaded or something. I would definitely be irritated after waiting months for your car and the last leg of the journey is held up like that.

EDIT: I will probably have the same problem as you since my car should be arriving in Milpitas today or tomorrow.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase

I feel your pain. Mine's back at the dealer already . Had it towed up there Saturday after it started misfiring Friday night. 70 miles & I already broke it. Today they said a misfire in Cyl 4. *sigh*
Sponsored