Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I placed my order today.

GT Premium, Auto, 401A, Exhaust, Black Accent, Kona Blue/Midnight Blue.

The order went in as priority 10, so I'm a happy camper.

I'm paying invoice +$150 Doc fees. Big thumbs up for Covert Ford in Austin from me. did the deal entirely online, painless.

Funny thing, here's my car history in colors, the new Mustang kinda stands out:

1992 White
1993 Black
1997 Silver
2001 Silver
2005 Silver
2008 Space Grey
2013 Black
2018 Kona Blue!
Congrats on the new ride. Mine is a priority code 10 as well. The more I see the orange fury in pictures the more I'm excited to receive it. November/December can't come quick enough!!
Sponsored

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
I placed my order today.

GT Premium, Auto, 401A, Exhaust, Black Accent, Kona Blue/Midnight Blue.

The order went in as priority 10, so I'm a happy camper.

I'm paying invoice +$150 Doc fees. Big thumbs up for Covert Ford in Austin from me. did the deal entirely online.
:headbang:

I went through Covert as well but I'm local :D

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
I gave the dealer a deposit for $1,000 (uncashed) on 8/19 and he printed me a copy of the Preview Order. I still have not received the VIN, order number or scheduled build date. At what point in the process do they usually cash the deposit check?

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
Much appreciated; mine is retail also. Just getting antsy!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I gave the dealer a deposit for $1,000 (uncashed) on 8/19 and he printed me a copy of the Preview Order. I still have not received the VIN, order number or scheduled build date. At what point in the process do they usually cash the deposit check?
They haven't cashed my deposit yet either. And it was for $1,000. I've been keeping the money in my account just because I'm scared they will cash it and it'll bounce.

Sponsored

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Ordered a GT Base, A10, PP. on the first day banks opened, oh lightening blue by the way, will replace the wifes DIB 14 GT. Haven't checked on the order but they did cash my $500 deposit check.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a GT Base, A10, PP. on the first day banks opened, oh lightening blue by the way, will replace the wifes DIB 14 GT. Haven't checked on the order but they did cash my $500 deposit check.
Maybe they cash the check when Ford accepts the order? Mine hasn't been cashed yet.

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
Maybe they cash the check when Ford accepts the order? Mine hasn't been cashed yet.
Really? My dealership cashed my $3k check immediately. I’m a little pissed off because I haven’t heard a peep though I’ve contacted them twice. I went in there after a couple of weeks and one of the reps was almost pissed off I was checking. He said he would send the VIN when they got it. Would be nice to get something since they’re sitting on $3k of my money. I’ve ordered my last mustang from them and it was a good experience though.

Last edited:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really? My dealership cashed my $3k check immediately. I’m a little pissed off because I haven’t heard a peep though I’ve contacted them twice. I went in there after a couple of weeks and one of the reps was almost pissed off I was checking. He said he would send the VIN when they got it. Would be nice to get something since they’re sitting on $3k of my money. I’ve ordered my last mustang from them and it was a good experience though.
You gave 3k down? The most I've heard someone giving a dealer as a deposit was 1k. I heard from someone on here their dealer just sits on their check then gives it back to them and have them write them a new check? I'm sure if they were to cash it right now the bank would call me. I wrote it over a month ago...

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
You gave 3k down? The most I've heard someone giving a dealer as a deposit was 1k. I heard from someone on here their dealer just sits on their check then gives it back to them and have them write them a new check? I'm sure if they were to cash it right now the bank would call me. I wrote it over a month ago...
I did. Crazy or not I don’t know. I ordered my 2015 from them and it was a good experience. The manager I saw recently did say I didn’t want one of the first orders off the line anyway because it’s more prone to problems. That’s a fair statement. BTW I’m just south of Raleigh. We get the ice here as you know! Was bummed about the summer only tires myself.

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
i gave $0 down, my dealer has never wanted anything from me when i have ordered, and ive probably ordered 10 times in the past, but even the first time i never had to.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did. Crazy or not I don’t know. I ordered my 2015 from them and it was a good experience. The manager I saw recently did say I didn’t want one of the first orders off the line anyway because it’s more prone to problems. That’s a fair statement. BTW I’m just south of Raleigh. We get the ice here as you know! Was bummed about the summer only tires myself.
I live in Hendersonville. And my car is just a nice day car. It will be in the garage. The only time my '13 saw anything was it saw freezing rain. Only because my dad didn't believe that it would happen. Well, it did and he drove it home on a skating rink. He said he fish tailed in our entrance to our subdivision.

Rohammers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP
$500 refundable deposit

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
$500 refundable deposit
Mine is non-refundable. But I plan on getting it. Unless the panel gap is horrendous or something really bad.

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
Mine was $500, refundability unspecified because I didn't care to ask since I want this car.

I gave a credit card and they have not charged it. I suspect they won't, as they pay a fee on that, and so will be happy with a cashiers cheque hen the car arrives.

I placed my order last Friday and it's not on COTUS yet, despite me trying my order number/dealer code/last name at last twice a day.
Sponsored