Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Increased a bit in the official brochure :D

attachment.png
If they're consistent add 5hp to the easter egg and you end up with 777hp.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
that would be nice. considering the hellcat is supposed to get a significant power bump as well as TALK of a street legal drag car from GM.
would at least like to be close to power output as them.
I trust what GoTime posted 750 +or- 2hp.
it's not 772 but it's not chump change.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
72mph is over 3k RPM in 7th gear? That would only make sense with the 10R80 trans. If these numbers are to be taken seriously(I don't but whatevs) then that would dismiss the idea of a 7-speed DCT.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What does S mean versus D for Drive in this context? I know on some cars with old 3 speed transmissions there was D, 2 and 1. S for sport or manual shift mode?

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
72mph is over 3k RPM in 7th gear? That would only make sense with the 10R80 trans. If these numbers are to be taken seriously(I don't but whatevs) then that would dismiss the idea of a 7-speed DCT.
The picture is not from the GT500, it was taken from the Mustang GT (That's also the reason it only has a 160MPH speedometer).

If they're consistent add 5hp to the easter egg and you end up with 777hp.
It would be great. If we really start trusting in easter eggs what you are saying would make sense... however I'm afraid that the information that Farruko has said (among others members) starts to make sense as well. For example, by looking at the picture it can also imply a "easter egg" of a "7speed 720HP" car :(

I mean, is not bad.... but it looks like is there.
DFDFFFDFD.jpg

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What does S mean versus D for Drive in this context? I know on some cars with old 3 speed transmissions there was D, 2 and 1. S for sport or manual shift mode?
Yes, S is for Sport, which uses the paddles. D is for regular drive mode.

If you put it in sport it will change the shifting parameters but still automatically shift without paddles. Once you tap the paddles either up or downshift, then it goes full paddle mode. You need to use the paddles to shift up or down from there. Put it in drive will take it out of that mode.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The picture is not from the GT500, it was taken from the Mustang GT (That's also the reason it only has a 160MPH speedometer).

So were all the other cluster images people were using to look for their easter eggs.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
So were all the other cluster images people were using to look for their easter eggs.
Yup, so the speed or which gear is on is not representative for the GT500. And again, by looking at that “Easter egg” it looks like a 720HP 7speed GT500.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Look at the unrealistic psi and you will realise that this image is not from a moving vehicle and that Ford have deliberately chosen to be cryptic, just like the first images where there were many bits in there that we were all able to relate to. Don't take the numbers literally but see them as messages or hints. Yes, there's the Farruko factor, which I didn't discount, but we're over a year away from this being released. Read that last sentence again!

Sponsored
OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Id like to believe that but I'll think more along the lines from Go time 750 +or- 2hp. that way of it comes with 770 I'll be happily surprised.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
After that... if it comes greater than 720 I’ll be happily surprised :(

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
if it comes with 720 no demons will be killed and maybe not even hellcat after '19 power increase. should be able to beat the zl1 tho ;)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
if it comes with 720 no demons will be killed and maybe not even hellcat after '19 power increase. should be able to beat the zl1 tho ;)
That’ll all depend on how much it weighs but at 4-4100 lbs I think it’d be light enough to beat the the hellcat barring a pretty good power bump. What kind of power bump are you hearing they might get?
Sponsored