FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
How much boost on each one?
Does the 727 “at the wheels” comply with emissions? What about durability? Fuel economy requirements?

I thought so... it’s not that simple.
Boost = No Idea
Emissions = Yes on '15-'16 models
Durability = maybe...the "Rousch" supercharger looks to be pretty much the same as the Ford Performance which maintains warranty.
Fuel economy = no idea.

Like I said....was a fairly simplistic comparison and I acknowledged that there are lots of other factors.
Sponsored

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
By the way...what ARE the fuel economy requirements?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
772hp

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Boost = No Idea
Emissions = Yes on '15-'16 models
Durability = maybe...the "Rousch" supercharger looks to be pretty much the same as the Ford Performance which maintains warranty.
Fuel economy = no idea.

Like I said....was a fairly simplistic comparison and I acknowledged that there are lots of other factors.
Just because it’s a “50 states” bolt-on or “maintains warranty” like the Ford Performance Supercharger kit, it doesn’t mean that it will pass the durability tests or the emissions that OEM cars are put through whenever the brand is launching a new model.

By the way...what ARE the fuel economy requirements?
Ask EPA. They are not that strict like with the previous administration but still. I mean, it’s not like Ford can put on sale a 10MPG GT500.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
How much boost on each one?
Does the 727 “at the wheels” comply with emissions? What about durability? Fuel economy requirements?

I thought so... it’s not that simple.

Like I previously said. It’s not the same getting 727 CRANK HP via Aftermarket than getting that number via OEM; it’s a pain in the arse specially because of the durability tests.

If a 2.3L TVS on a 5.0 can make 727HP at the wheels, I would say that a 2.65L TVS on a 5.2 could easily exceed that...I realize that's a fairly simplistic view and there are other things that equate to speed and acceleration, but I could easily see high 700s at the crank.
5.0 with a 2.3L TVS offering 727HP?

Cool story bro:lol: . If with that you mean the Supercharger Phase 2 from Roush, that number is at the crank and it does avoid the warranty.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Like I previously said. It’s not the same getting 727 CRANK HP via Aftermarket than getting that number via OEM; it’s a pain in the arse specially because of the durability tests.
Cool story bro:lol: . If with that you mean the Supercharger Phase 2 from Roush, that number is at the crank and it does avoid the warranty.
Roush offers the the stage 3 (650 hp) and p-51 (720) both have the 3/36 warranty, not sure if you add the phase 2 if you get the warranty or not. Either way I totally get what your saying from OEM perspective. But I think you can see where many well feel if its 715/DCT and nothing else it'll feel like a glorified Roush just much more expensive, I mean you can go to a lot of dealers and find a Roush. However I believe there's going to be a few other surprises and things that a CGI video aren't going to tell/show us, and all said and done it'll be obvious why you want the GT500 over any Roush.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Roush offers the the stage 3 (650 hp) and p-51 (720) both have the 3/36 warranty, not sure if you add the phase 2 if you get the warranty or not. Either way I totally get what your saying from OEM perspective. But I think you can see where many well feel if its 715/DCT and nothing else it'll feel like a glorified Roush just much more expensive, I mean you can go to a lot of dealers and find a Roush. However I believe there's going to be a few other surprises and things that a CGI video aren't going to tell/show us, and all said and done it'll be obvious why you want the GT500 over any Roush.
You can see warranty info here: http://www.lebanonford.com/the-727-hp-mustang.htm

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
If with that you mean the Supercharger Phase 2 from Roush, that number is at the crank and it does avoid the warranty.
Totally missed that....thanks for the correction.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That means the 727 voids the warranty, but you get a “parts only” warranty for 3 years or 36k miles.
Adding to this...that's also true for the Ford Performance Power Packs.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

Every car is sold under CRANK HP numbers. Is the GT500 going to be listed at RWP instead?;)

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Every car is sold under CRANK HP numbers. Is the GT500 going to be listed at RWP instead?;)
Like BmacIL said before, the OEM manufacturers get to measure the HP at Engine Dynos.... so, i don’t think so.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Adding to this...that's also true for the Ford Performance Power Packs.
Which warranty are you speaking of? The new vehicle limited warranty is NOT affected by the FP Power Packs. FP has put an emphasis on this, going so far as to highlight and change the language in the warranty disclaimer.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Which warranty are you speaking of? The new vehicle limited warranty is NOT affected by the FP Power Packs. FP has put an emphasis on this, going so far as to highlight and change the language in the warranty disclaimer.
I see that now. Good for them.
Sponsored