Sponsored

Racer X catch can question

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
For those of you who have one of these, how do you drain it? I have mine installed, but I can barely get my fat fingers down there to the valve let alone get a cup or something down there. I thought about running a hose off the bottom of the unit? Suggestions?
Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I posted this problem in the catch can survey post awhile ago. On the '18s, a wad of wiring sits right below the can and won't allow normal installation of this part. The valve is a good idea as long as there is room for it, which there is not on a Mustang.

Attaching a hose defeats the purpose of easy dumping of the reservoir unless the hose is long enough to go below the lowest point of the can, right? It's a nice looking part just a crappy design for our cars.

My thinking is it takes less time to remove this can than it does to do an oil change. If you mount the bracket on top of the radiator support instead of under it, that might give you more room but draining still won't be easy.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ford Performance can. Unscrew top, suck oil out, screw top down. Done.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Yes, but OP already spent well over $100...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
Yeah its easy enough to take out when I need to empty it. Not as easy as the JLT but easy enough, plus its tucked away and you barely notice it.

At some point I might see about putting a 90 deg elbow and a small hose, but I'll wait.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^Yes, the 90 might be better. Maybe run the hose out the bottom of the splash pan too.
Sponsored