Sponsored

Roush phase 1

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang supercharged 5.0
Ok guys what do you think would be the best for some dragstrip runs. Killer chiller kit, ice tank, or small 35 shot of spray. Just trying to decide what you guys think would work the best.
Sponsored

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
On a phase 1 with a Roush tune? If that's the case I wouldn't do any of those... You have a set of tires?

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
If you are on the Roush tune, I would do a VMP triple pass heat exchanger. http://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Dual-Fan-Triple-Pass-Heat-Exchanger-for-Mustan-p/vmphe-dual.htm

I would also pulley down to a 79mm, id1000's, and a BAP before spraying anything....

I would also recommend a Lund, PBD, or VMP tune before spraying.....

I currently have the Roush phase 1 with a Lund tune and nt555r's in the back. I want to run it to see where I'm at now (I feel mid to high 10's are attainable in good DA). PBD also has a new air filter that adds around 15-20 rwhp.....

OP
OP
Barney 5.0

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are on the Roush tune, I would do a VMP triple pass heat exchanger. http://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Dual-Fan-Triple-Pass-Heat-Exchanger-for-Mustan-p/vmphe-dual.htm

I would also pulley down to a 79mm, id1000's, and a BAP before spraying anything....

I would also recommend a Lund, PBD, or VMP tune before spraying.....
Does that heat exchanger bring the temps way down? I know the car picked up so much more at the strip on a cooler day that why I was trying to bring temps down

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does that heat exchanger bring the temps way down? I know the car picked up so much more at the strip on a cooler day that why I was trying to bring temps down
I run the VMP Heat Exchanger with dual fans and would highly recommend it. When I installed the Roush TVS my thinking was "Do it right the first time". I did away with what I considered weak points in the kit. The Roush heat exchanger was clearly designed for a low boost application. I also went with a VMP twin 67mm throttle body, VMP fuel pump booster, and a 79mm pulley. With a automatic transmission she laid down 646rwhp and a impressive 598rwtq.. That was on a Mustang Dyno and a 96 degree day. The heat exchanger is a must have!!

OP
OP
Barney 5.0

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run the VMP Heat Exchanger with dual fans and would highly recommend it. When I installed the Roush TVS my thinking was "Do it right the first time". I did away with what I considered weak points in the kit. The Roush heat exchanger was clearly designed for a low boost application. I also went with a VMP twin 67mm throttle body, VMP fuel pump booster, and a 79mm pulley. With a automatic transmission she laid down 646rwhp and a impressive 598rwtq.. That was on a Mustang Dyno and a 96 degree day. The heat exchanger is a must have!!
I have been looking at these and now I'm putting it on my to get list thanks for the input. Your power level is where I want my car at.

2007GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
+1 on the heat exchanger. I installed an Afco HE on my 2007 GT500 when I upgraded to a 2014 GT500 TVS blower. The car runs much cooler now and the heat soak gone.

I just purchased a 2016 Ecoboost Mustang with the performance pack as a new daily driver. My first upgrade will be a new intercooler.
Sponsored