Sponsored

Decrease tramlining! Steeda G Brace works!

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Not to be a downer, but I always wonder why Ford (or any manufacturer) would overlook something this cheap and simple if it improves the car so much. I always wonder if it will do some harm to other components over time. That being said, I may look into it.
Usually bracing and bushings are a balance of NVH and cost concerns. Too much bracing or too firm of bushings and the ride gets harsh, things started to rattle.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Usually bracing and bushings are a balance of NVH and cost concerns. Too much bracing or too firm of bushings and the ride gets harsh, things started to rattle.
Gotcha, I already have a bunch of rattling so I might as well add it.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I love this Steeda mod on my 350 it has help Stiffen up the front end. Thanks Steeda! :cheers:
image.jpg

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
The GT350 tramlines and the R takes it to a whole 'nother level. I assume this is just because of the Cup2s. It is definitely on my to do list.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
To mean, that means that very much the K member is not up to the task of what the front end is being asked of it. Did your steering feel change?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm of the same opinion. Tramlining is a result of tires and/or alignment. This brace has an impact on neither. One could argue that it minimizes flex under certain dynamic conditions and that impacts the alignment. Bump steer is the more likely culprit under those conditions (when tires aren't defective, alignment isn't out of whack, etc).

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, guys, idk what to tell you. Without any alignment changes, my car doesn't tram or wander 80% as bad as it did.

Someone in here had said their car stopped tramlining after adding the brace so I figured I'd try it for $80 and I'm glad I did.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If the brace made a difference in the way the car feels to you that's a win no matter how you classify it. I'll say this, my recent addition of 6GR wheels has had me wondering where the tramlining I had before went to. I went with a 305 up front as opposed to the 295 the car came with. I immediately noticed a difference with the fatter Continentals over the narrower Michelin tires. Tread design? Compound? Size? Any combination of the aforementioned? I can't pin it down. On it's face I'd have guessed that the tramlining would have gotten slightly worse.

But I feel a difference, much like you.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Width and tread pattern play a role, could be a little bit of both

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Not to be a downer, but I always wonder why Ford (or any manufacturer) would overlook something this cheap and simple if it improves the car so much. I always wonder if it will do some harm to other components over time. That being said, I may look into it.
Becauseofaddedweight.