OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I may try this. :thumbsup:

For some reason my right foot gets fatigued at times in this car.
Sometimes the muscle in front of my shin bone gets fatigued in my right leg, for bending my toes upwards for prolonged time. For this, adding spacers can only make it worse, just to let you know. (FWIW, I did not get this fatigue with my previous car. So maybe this fatigue is not caused by adding spacers.)

Overall, I am definitely enjoying the new set-up (with spacers) that allows me to heel-toe.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Nice find! 1/2 inch thickness is about right. Sure one can drill it out to about 1/4 inside diameter to fit.

Wish my local stores had these ...
Well i ordered the bag of them. anyone that wants a set PM me since I dont need all 12. I will sell them for what I got in the $1.75 each and shipping to you. I can drill them if you want or you can drill them same price.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Just did this pedal mod. Feels much easier to work with now. I did the 1 X 1/4. Dont think I am gonna bother installing the heel/toe pedal now.

I used some red loctite only because it looked like red loctite was on the bolts... I wonder if it was just red paint to match the color of car, as I dont see any on the couple of pics people have posted here.

Please tell me I haven't screwed something up

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Just did this pedal mod. Feels much easier to work with now. I did the 1 X 1/4. Dont think I am gonna bother installing the heel/toe pedal now.

I used some red loctite only because it looked like red loctite was on the bolts... I wonder if it was just red paint to match the color of car, as I dont see any on the couple of pics people have posted here.

Please tell me I haven't screwed something up
Red loctite is designed for permanent applications. If you want to get those bolts out, it's going to be quite the task.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Red loctite is designed for permanent applications. If you want to get those bolts out, it's going to be quite the task.

Damn, I better try and get them off now

Sponsored

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Some more pictures to help ppl visualize.
(I didn't quite get what you guys were talking about at first)

Last picture has the 1" OD x 3/8" ID x 3/8" L Home Depot spacer. 1/4" ID and thicker would definitely be better.
I might get a batch of 1" OD x 1/4" ID x 1/2" L nylon spacers made. They're not expensive.

AccelPedalBolts.jpg

AccelPedalBracket.jpg

AccelPedalSpacers.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Yes, 1 in OD, 1/4 in ID, and 1/2 in thickness would be about perfect.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
OP, great post/tip! I bought the spacers and will install soon.

Question for all to respond: Does this mod negate the need for a wider gas pedal?

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
it depends how wide your feet are, i only wear size 9 so I still put in the steeda pedal. Feels great now

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I'm still on the fence about the pedal. I bought the pedal before the mod but haven't installed... I am trying to get a feel without it. I will decide after going a few months with just the mod.
Sponsored