OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
This is freaking GENIUS!!

I bought the Steeda heel/toe pedal, and was planning to put spacers in between the stock pedal and the Steeda cover, but this will be way easier and better! I'm headed to Lowe's very soon!

JR
Glad you like it. Lowes and Home Depot both have it for 3/8 inch thick (last time I checked, depending on location of course). Great if you can find 1/2 inch thickness. Refer to the first post for details.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
lol, if you watch the 10 second video and play at 25% speed, then very difficult to see it (at the 2 second mark).

but if you watch the 40 second version (slowed down by Norm himself) then you can see (at the 7-8 second mark, corresponding to 2 second mark in normal speed) the quick change in throttle pressure.

why? :frusty:
You aren't adding any new frames when you slow the motion down in an existing video file. Just stretching the time space between them out from 0.033 seconds @ 30fps to 0.133 seconds @ 7.5. You still have to get out to about frame 60.

What tipped me off was when I slowed the video speed down by a factor of 4, I noticed that its running time increased by the same factor.

Norm

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
You aren't adding any new frames when you slow the motion down in an existing video file. Just stretching the time space between them out from 0.033 seconds @ 30fps to 0.133 seconds @ 7.5. You still have to get out to about frame 60.

What tipped me off was when I slowed the video speed down by a factor of 4, I noticed that its running time increased by the same factor.

Norm
I see.

When no car behind me, I tried heel-toe with hard braking while kicking the gas pedal hard. It was better.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
3 pages and no pictures of what the pedals look like after mod, what a shame.
I did the mod this weekend, and given the spacing of the pedals, it's tough to even notice, visually. Realize that the spacer is only 3/8" thick, so perceiving the difference in pedal relation is going to be tough, even to keen eyes.

That said, it's well worth the five minutes it takes to do this. I'm able to heel/toe faster, more accurately, and more consistently.

JR

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It feels that by lifting the base of the pedal, you are introducing more travel of the pedal.
Is it possible that it might damage the pedal/sensor assembly by going pass it's limit?
I would think a spacer on the actual pedal would be a better solution.

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
It feels that by lifting the base of the pedal, you are introducing more travel of the pedal.
Is it possible that it might damage the pedal/sensor assembly by going pass it's limit?
I would think a spacer on the actual pedal would be a better solution.
Never tested this myself. But I think the base of the pedal will touch the handle of the pedal (hence stop the pedal from being pushed in further) before the pedal touches the floor mat of the car. If indeed so then lifting the pedal with spacers won't make the travel any longer.

If you are willing, try pressing the gas pedal down with your hand and see what happens, and report back.

I bet, even without spacers, the handle will contact the base first.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
thanks OP I was able to get an inter set of washers with 3/8 in outer diameter that fits perfectly into the 1'' washer you bought with 3/8 inner diameter. Then i just keep drilling until the inner washer fits the bolts, and yes it is about 1/4 in in diameter. now it is snag and perfect.

want to thank you for saving me $90+shipping, almost ordered the garageline pedal mount.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Is everyone getting these from Lowes?
That's where I got mine. They're in the misc. nuts, bolts, and sundry other items section, in the drawers.

JR

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Sub 'd so I remember

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Nearly 5 months and 4k miles later, I am still enjoying this mod. Very inexpensive, yet very sturdy.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Great idea! Gonna do this soon

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just did the mod...going to see how it feels when I go out in a little bit.
Sponsored