Sponsored

Stereo has the screen like it's off, won't turn on and make sound

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost 6MT, PP, recaros
Brand new car....got off work today, got in, somehow the radio was off. Turned it on and....it wouldn't turn on! Any idea what gives?
Sponsored

Renaultfool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Manual 3:55, Renault SCCA racecar
Radio won't turn on

Mine did the same thing this morning. Got in the car to go to work and the radio would not work. Screen showed temperture, date, and time. Pushed the on/off button a bunch of times. Only Menu button worked. Stopped by dealer to see if they were aware of problem. They said no. Said they would "reprogram it if I had time". I told them I would come back.
The radio started working after about the third stop in the day with full shutdown. Lots of this problem on several threads. I am interested on a fix in case it happens again.

OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After posting I went to turn the volume up out of habit and suddenly it worked again??

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
99% of the time it's the sync system and your phone, there's been many threads about this.. search a bit

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Brand new car....got off work today, got in, somehow the radio was off. Turned it on and....it wouldn't turn on! Any idea what gives?
After posting I went to turn the volume up out of habit and suddenly it worked again??
Mine did the same thing this morning. Got in the car to go to work and the radio would not work. Screen showed temperture, date, and time. Pushed the on/off button a bunch of times. Only Menu button worked. Stopped by dealer to see if they were aware of problem. They said no. Said they would "reprogram it if I had time". I told them I would come back.
The radio started working after about the third stop in the day with full shutdown. Lots of this problem on several threads. I am interested on a fix in case it happens again.
Hi Skenneyjr and Renaultfool,

Glad to hear that everything is now going well after the radio hiccup. Please let me know if you continue to experience this issue.

Shaay

Renaultfool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Manual 3:55, Renault SCCA racecar
Radio Problem

Thanks for your response Shaay! Glad Ford listens!
Just turned 14,000 miles and after it came back yesterday it still works.
Will let you know if I have any further problems.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored
OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shaay, while we have you, could you ask engineering why they chose not to include an oil cooler on Ecoboost Mustangs, even with the performance package? Seems like the engine runs oil pretty warm and under some circumstances oil could easily get too hot to be safe. And possibly whether or not they plan to add one in the future?

Thanks!

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Shaay, while we have you, could you ask engineering why they chose not to include an oil cooler on Ecoboost Mustangs, even with the performance package? Seems like the engine runs oil pretty warm and under some circumstances oil could easily get too hot to be safe. And possibly whether or not they plan to add one in the future?

Thanks!
Skenneyjr,

My specialty is with SYNC. Please reach out to my colleagues in the Customer Care Division: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/member.php?u=7992

Shaay

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I have had this same thing happen to me twice. First time the car had about 1500 miles on it and it came back on after multiple on-off cycles and about 15 minutes later. The second time was at about 4,000 miles while we were on vacation. I stopped at a rest area and when we got back in the car the radio was off and would not turn on. We drove along for 30-40 minutes messing around with the stereo trying everything to get it to work and nothing. (No stereo to listen to so I had to talk to the family, They seem like nice people.:lol:) My wife looked it up online and found that if you put a cd in the slot that everything will start working again. All my music is on a thumbdrive and I haven't bought a cd since '96 so that wasn't of much help. About 10 minutes later we stopped at the dollar tree and got a kenny g cd;). I put the cd in the slot and presto, its working again. The cd didn't even go in far enough to grab onto it. I never actually put the cd in the player. It only went in an inch or two and it started working. Here comes the next problem. When I stopped again and turned the car off, the stereo would not turn off. I opened the door, locked the car and the stereo was still playing. I had to get back in, start the car and turn it off for the stereo to finally turn off. I haven't had any problems in the 2000 miles since then though.

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
Blacked out screen

Is there an update to this problem. Mine did it yesterday and suddenly came back on after a few start/stops. Would getting it reprogrammed fix this or is Ford Sync people not concerned?