Sponsored

Water Leak Above Gas Pedal

braggstang57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was nearing the end of a 4-hour drive today in my PP GT (5000 miles) when a couple of droplets of water hit my foot. It came from right above the gas pedal. It happened 3 times, only a couple drops, but I can't imagine where the water could be coming from.

I thought it was because it had just rained and the roads were wet, so maybe some water got thrown up into the undercarriage and made its way through but I've driven in the rain many times and I can't say it has happened before. I had also washed the car about 5 hours prior to this happening.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just want to make sure this isn't abnormal, I don't want engine parts corroding/rusting prematurely. Thanks.
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Did you pull your sound tube? I didn't look exactly where, but the firewall opening for that may be in that general vicinity.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was nearing the end of a 4-hour drive today in my PP GT (5000 miles) when a couple of droplets of water hit my foot. It came from right above the gas pedal. It happened 3 times, only a couple drops, but I can't imagine where the water could be coming from.

I thought it was because it had just rained and the roads were wet, so maybe some water got thrown up into the undercarriage and made its way through but I've driven in the rain many times and I can't say it has happened before. I had also washed the car about 5 hours prior to this happening.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just want to make sure this isn't abnormal, I don't want engine parts corroding/rusting prematurely. Thanks.
I recommend having a dealer take a look. Please send over a PM with your VIN, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll loop in a customer service manager to assist with the concern.

Jeff

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
It's your AC lines doing it. It's condensation build up from the temp change.

My 13 used to do it on long drives as well. Happened only when it was humid out and 3+ hours of steady driving

Sponsored

OP
OP

braggstang57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's your AC lines doing it. It's condensation build up from the temp change.

My 13 used to do it on long drives as well. Happened only when it was humid out and 3+ hours of steady driving
This makes sense! It's always humid in eastern NC.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Water....

My 2014 GT 5.0 did the same thing...... And just about the time I was trading it off for my 2015 5.0 Mustang, so it never went to the dealer to see what the problem was, on the water dripping on the floor mat..... Sorry I can not help you more on this....... :shrug:

Mine was on the driver side right above the gas peddle.......
Sponsored