Sponsored

Shadow Edition Collection day

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
On the train with my son to collect the car

Just got a call from the dealer , the AC isn't working , they're arranging for it to go into my local Ford dealer , they think it's the compressor through standing

I haven't even picked it up yet:frusty:
Sponsored

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition

Just got a call from the dealer , the AC isn't working , they're arranging for it to go into my local Ford dealer , they think it's the compressor through standing

Oh gawd!......mines due soon......mines been sitting around aswel......GULP!

OP
OP
wack

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ring them and ask for it to be checked , he said they've had 3 delivered all the same

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Wack - get it checked - they will probably just "refill it with gas" and call it fixed - and / or take the car with the absolute agreement that they will pay for someone in your area to fix it - I think you are going from Cheshire to Nottingham for it?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Bit late to tell you PDI should have picked that up day before so you weren't travelling... Annoying as ever; but i mean at least they informed you rather than waiting for you to figure it out.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Wish I could say I'm surprised! Don't let it spoil the day though...enjoy!

Good news is that this is a fairly common issue and we have the knowledge on this forum regarding the fix, so don't take any shit from the dealership! Ensure they deal with it properly.

We look forward to the collection photos :cheers:

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Mine is one of the 3 Aaron had that has done it. Mine failed on drive home or I just didnā€™t notice on collection. Aaron checked PDI notes and says it was checked. If itā€™s compressor itā€™s about 4-5 weeks for parts. Mine went into dealer on 29th May and part is expected in after 25th June. Sucks but still love the car.

Donā€™t let it spoil your day and keep windows open!

OP
OP
wack

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It hasn't spoiled it at all , it's epic , A50 and M6 were a nightmare coming back so I came off and went through Sandbach, people letting me out of junctions , smiling at me , kids taking pictures of it

Decided I'll make the trip back into a day out in Nottingham when it's ready to go in

Last picture in its natural habitat , 1.43 for 99 so it'll be going into costco for fuel
IMG_20180615_34284.jpg
IMG_20180615_55812.jpg
IMG_20180615_48470.jpg
IMG_20180615_13941.jpg

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Good news and glad you Enjoyed it. Aaron gave me a ring tonight and explained what is going on. Sounds like could be a big issue for Ford UK to deal with. Hopefully my compressor is in stock with local dealer soon. If they canā€™t fit me in quickly then Aaron has said to speak to him and he will see what he can sort.

Despite the issue on the car I canā€™t fault Aaron really as he has done more than my first dealer ever did on my first Mustang from a customer services pov.

Enjoy your car. Still love that triple yellow!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Looks great - I do like the shadow edition, just missing a black roof!

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
What a beaut! Nice one Wack!

Now you are starting to realise what this means...

Owning a Mustang is "different "... and unique... well done mate!

Best colour too...

Enjoy!!!

All the best

Bob

Aaron Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What a horrible day, 3-4 failures on the same day, all were checked on PDI and i personally checked on Wednesday when cars arrived on site with me and all seemed ok however it seems they were failing from being stood then being moved around site to PDI, fuel station, valet then to showroom etc, upon handover i noticed it wasn't as cold as they should be so contacted all my customers with a heads up right away, i will personally see all issues are rectified as efficiently and with little disruption to my customers. All repairs will be carried out as a number one priority. I do not let my customers down. We have now raised this as a concern to FMC.
Was great to meet you today and thanks again for your business. Enjoy your new Car :cheers:

OP
OP
wack

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I said , it's not that there's a problem it's how it's handled, the car is epic , it's 5am and i'm up, I can't get the smile off my face every time I look at it, Aaron has been faultless, excellent communication , just one of those things.

I wasn't 100% on the triple yellow before I collected the car as I'd only seen one in pictures but it's stunning, when he pulled the cover off I was speechless.

Also very impressed with the dealership premises, spotless showroom, the whole site looks like whoever is in charge wants it immaculate.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
As I said , it's not that there's a problem it's how it's handled, the car is epic , it's 5am and i'm up, I can't get the smile off my face every time I look at it, Aaron has been faultless, excellent communication , just one of those things.

I wasn't 100% on the triple yellow before I collected the car as I'd only seen one in pictures but it's stunning, when he pulled the cover off I was speechless.

Also very impressed with the dealership premises, spotless showroom, the whole site looks like whoever is in charge wants it immaculate.
Congrats, you chose the best colour

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
it seems they were failing from being stood then being moved around site to PDI said:
Damn - Iā€™ve been moving my car around too, as well stopping to park it. Does that invalidate the warranty ā€“ moving it around?
Sorry- hope it gets sorted ASAP
Sponsored