Sponsored

Drag virgins race - Make your vote (GT v FBO EBM)

Who will win?

• V8

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Full Bolt on EBM

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh, thanks Marvin. I have the auto, forgot about those kinds of differences since I r noob LOL :cheers: :frusty:
I'm 3.3 gearing, Manual trans, ran in sport mode with TC On, and didn't do a burn out. Against a 27mph headwind, I know I've got a mid 12s car on a good run, but I'm not a drag racer (Hence the title drag virgins)
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Anybody who thought the V8 would run away with an easy win was obviously proven wrong. Good race.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody who thought the V8 would run away with an easy win was obviously proven wrong. Good race.
Indeed, a lot of the facebook group I run (with the other guy i was racing) were surprised too, we'd taken some of the club members with us to watch, and when I'd took the W there was a lot of "oh sh1ts" and "well we didn't expect that". There's another video that goes on longer than the one I've posted on youtube where they're all discussing it, made even better than I setoff second (slower RT) but walked past him infront of everyone lol.

Taking down the 'v8 is king' prerogative one step at a time :p! Think I can get her into 12s on a good run.

For reference santapod is the U.Ks only drag strip now, and one of few in Europe, it's also 2degrees uphill so it's about as flat as you'll get in Europe, it's not like some American strips I've seen which have a juicy 50ft drop at the end of them for some extra terminal speeds lol