Sponsored

Why Ford can't you bring this to the UK??

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks. No warranty?? Didn't know that, is that definite?
Yep.....definite. (mind you, your Ford UK warranty isn't much better :p )

Every Mustang prior to the UK S550 has been imported with the owner knowing their "on their own". Of course, you could buy a 3rd party warranty, but I don't know anyone that's done that (which is exactly the sort of warranty you'd get if you went via the likes of Bill Shepherd Mustang or Clive Sutton).
Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Very roughly:

Say $55k
Circa ÂŁ40k
Add shipping. Guessing ÂŁ3k??? ( No idea)
Then 10% duty on this
Then 20% VAT
Calculator I received from someone I used to know that imported cars for a living. Given the exchange rate is a bit naff, the price is a little high, but regardless its almost always within throwing distance of the dollar price before tax.

Capture.PNG

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Just had an email from Andy Barratt and he confirmed we won’t see an export spec gt350 officially from ford. Therefore my hope that in 2019/2020 Ford May cash in on high European demand isn’t going to happen.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
such a shame i'd snap fords arm off for a 350r

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just had an email from Andy Barratt and he confirmed we won’t see an export spec gt350 officially from ford. Therefore my hope that in 2019/2020 Ford May cash in on high European demand isn’t going to happen.
To continue rumour mill... maybe they bring the gt500 instead ;)!

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Tell him to pull his finger out and get some over here!! Is this the same people that said for 50 years the Mustang wouldn't sell in export markets such as the UK and Oz and so didn't convert to RHD??

Thanks for the info anyway :)

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To continue rumour mill... maybe they bring the gt500 instead ;)!
I don't really have any interest in the GT500. It'll probably be over engineered and look like it's driven through a Halfords store. Yes the GT350 is not understated but it looks cool and it's a relatively simple car that revs above 8000 rpm, what more could you want.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really have any interest in the GT500. It'll probably be over engineered and look like it's driven through a Halfords store. Yes the GT350 is not understated but it looks cool and it's a relatively simple car that revs above 8000 rpm, what more could you want.
Only time will tell with the gt500 to be honest... i'm apprehensive on the front end with the huge fenders.

Stratnumberone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
There’s the odd one available in this country at a reasonable price....

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif.../all-models/2016-shelby-mustang-gt350/8704475

Actually, I’ve no idea how this dealer is selling this one so cheap and making a profit! This price is the on-the-Road price, too.

As for me, I’m very happy to be able to take mine to Modurstang for servicing, and consider myself lucky to have such a reputable garage available.

Having recently imported my 350 from the US I feel qualified to comment on a few areas in this thread:

1 The warranty is void as soon as the car leaves the USA

2 The costs to import a 350 are roughly as highlighted in the thread. Mine was about ÂŁ2000 to ship (inc insurance), ÂŁ1500 for the work up to and including the IVA, ÂŁ300 for shipping the car from U.K. port to IVA workshop

3 The car can be surprisingly competitively insured in the U.K. I actually pay less here than I did in Florida (A Plan).

4 The car is certainly slower than the GT500. In a straight line. Around a track I wouldn’t be so sure.

5 It is a bit of a pain changing gear with the wrong hand, over taking etc but I’ll get used to it. And it’s worth it for the noise.

6 It’s a fantastic car and I feel privileged to own one.

In short, if you feel the need and have the cash then go for it -you won’t be sorry. And if you are, you’ll have a very saleable asset anyway!

Sponsored
OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, the voiding of the warranty is probably a deal breaker for me.

Changing gear with right hand does feel weird

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Thanks, the voiding of the warranty is probably a deal breaker for me.
It really shouldn't be.

FORD warranty is almost worthless anyway IMO.

Just tuck away a small battle fund for any repairs, which if you have the cash to buy a GT350 really shouldn't be an issue.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I respectfully disagree

Fair enough.

My 2 yrs experience of having almost every singe warranty failure on my car refused would suggest otherwise.