Sponsored

2019 Ford Mustang brings California Special, rev-matching and more

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Rolling shots:
Interior things I noticed: black seats with red stitching and alcantara seat inserts(and door inserts) with a digital gauge cluster. All of these are new, likely locked to the CS. :(
Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Interior things I noticed: black seats with red stitching and alcantara seat inserts(and door inserts) with a digital gauge cluster. All of these are new, likely locked to the CS. :(
I wonder if the red stitching will be truly locked - many people complained that the red interior on the premium pack was too much red, and wished that they offered a red accent trim similar to the midnight blue.

If they gave an option for red stitching like they did with blue, I would go for that in a heartbeat.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if the red stitching will be truly locked - many people complained that the red interior on the premium pack was too much red, and wished that they offered a red accent trim similar to the midnight blue.

If they gave an option for red stitching like they did with blue, I would go for that in a heartbeat.
I’m almost more interested in the alcantara. Currently, if you want alcantara you have to get the 400a pack and lose what was formally the “premier interior” with better leather and more soft-touch materials, you also lose the digital gauges and heated steering wheel.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
I think it looks great, the stripe and side scoops break up the side profile nicely which is needed with the convertible I think.
Any speculation on what velocity blue will look like? I did some googling and came up with this interesting color calling itself velocity blue on a ford falcon xr6 (from Australia?).
03328D38-7AA6-41B2-8D2B-D2A5E53958D8.jpeg

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really think those side scoops look cheap, shoddily plastered on and make the car look like a toy. It reminds me of all the fake scoops that were on the old New Edge style. If they were part of the body mold and functional they’d probably look nice... :shrug:

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really think those side scoops look cheap, shoddily plastered on and make the car look like a toy. It reminds me of all the fake scoops that were on the old New Edge style. If they were part of the body mold and functional they’d probably look nice... :shrug:
Isn’t looking like a big toy the point of the cs model? Doesn’t sound like it has any actual performance enhancements in the package..

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I just wonder if the b&o will be an option on the base or premium only? Good to hear shaker is finally going away, well sort of.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think big news is active exhaust for eb , first time since 2015 that fords admitted the eco boost sound needs more than just fake engine sounds through the sterio. Unless that’s all that’s actually active hahah

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I think big news is active exhaust for eb , first time since 2015 that fords admitted the eco boost sound needs more than just fake engine sounds through the sterio. Unless that’s all that’s actually active hahah
Can probably make an eco sound pretty good with a 1000 watt sound system. ;)

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn’t looking like a big toy the point of the cs model? Doesn’t sound like it has any actual performance enhancements in the package..
I thought the point was to have a unique looking and less common version of the Mustang that didn’t look like it came out of an early 2000s box of cereal.
Who cares about performance enhancements? I was just saying if you’re going to do side scoops, do them correctly and don’t cheaply tape them on. :shrug:

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Rev matching on the CS but not the GT350 ot GT? Ford is years behind the compitition here.

Yeah I know "do it yourself". Thing is rev matching should not be thought of as a competition edge but a way to protect the car from damage.

When at track and all the other manufacturers have it what is the advantage?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Rev matching on the CS but not the GT350 ot GT? Ford is years behind the compitition here.

Yeah I know "do it yourself". Thing is rev matching should not be thought of as a competition edge but a way to protect the car from damage.

When at track and all the other manufacturers have it what is the advantage?
It doesn't seem exclusive to the CS. This announcement reads more like "hey the CS is back for 2019 and these are other upgrades to the rest of the lineup."

The B&O also seems like it will be a new option (or maybe replace the Shaker Pro?).

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That's what CS always was.
Sponsored