Sponsored

2019 Ford Mustang brings California Special, rev-matching and more

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Where are the black elements from 16 CS? Especially the darker taillights were awesome.
They didn't even make a Special CS rearpanel and just used the european version and added some red letters that looks totally out of place.
And the fake vent on the fender is horrible.

The 19 CS is nowhere near as awesome the 16 CS :(:brokenheart:
Fully agree. Horrible scoops and that rear panel is an even bigger joke. Especially since they already have a perfectly nice rear panel from the 2016 CS version on the shelves. Why on Earth not use that one?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Wondering how much better sounding would the 1000W B&O Play sound system be over the Shaker Pro 12-speaker system in the current 15-18
It's likely coming off '18 F-150 and when I test drove it (bought '17 Lariat with $10k off MSRP and 0%/60 and those still had Sony sound system), I was not impressed. It's significantly better than any system in the Mustang though.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Spinal Green apparently is called Need for Green.

Also new: Velocity Blue

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The guy that posted that picture on Instagram (Mike Dean) was the same one that was driving around in the Bullitt for a while. I dunno how this dude gets unreleased cars as demos lol. I'll take the Bullitt if he's done with it! :ford:

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Not to be overly dramatic...but this CS makes me physically ill.
Looks like a JC Whitney special.
The wheels are a joke.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Not to be overly dramatic...but this CS makes me physically ill.
Looks like a JC Whitney special.
The wheels are a joke.
They look like a spin off of the current black accent wheels - I thought they would grow on me, but I'm having a hard time with them :( At this point, I'd rather buy a set of black 5.0/GT emblems and forego the accent pack purely based on the wheel option.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Hmmm...so I was set on a 2018 Royal Crimson Convertible....now this comes out...decisions decisions.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Automatic rev-matching. 1 step closer to the demise of the manual. While I think it'd be cool to have sometimes, rev-matching manually is so easy to do after a little practice.

I'm curious to see if they tweaked the ecoboost exhaust note for the 2019 active exhaust for the boost. Most exhausts sounded terrible with the exception of a few like the MBRP Race.

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Automatic rev-matching. 1 step closer to the demise of the manual. While I think it'd be cool to have sometimes, rev-matching manually is so easy to do after a little practice.
The reality is that auto rev matching will do the exact opposite of what you're fearing - it's going to sell more manuals. If it's anything like the Chevy system, it will be disabled with a quick push of a button (Chevy takes advantage of the paddle shifter space and turns the paddles into rev match enable/disable switches).

The manual transmission is fading away - there is no disputing it and little that you can about it. Tech assists such as auto-rev match will prolong the life of the transmission, as it makes buying for extremely amateur users (points at self) much more appealing.

Last edited:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The fake side scoops look absolutely horrendous, did the previous CS have those? Wish the B&O was on the 18s as well but I've found that I rarely put the music volume high enough to hear it over the exhaust anyway. Auto rev match is cool, but it's not really hard to do manually.
Yes those scoops were on the previous CS mustangs but no place on this one. With the better throttle response on the 18 rev match isn’t necessary, but is nice to have. Not crazy about those side stripes either. The wheels look over done and not my choice....Oh well !

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Rolling shots:
[ame]