Sponsored

Questioning Purchase of 2015 Mustang GT "run power active"

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had the same "run power active" notification on my brand new 2015 Mustang GT with no resolution from Ford.

I originaly got in a fender bender on October 24th. The police officer said I was probably going 10mph or less when the accident happened based on the damage done to my car and the other that was involved.

I had my car towed to the dealership I purchased the car from, Peoria Ford here in Arizona.
They stated they did not do body work so I was reffered to Premier Coach Works. They had my car from October 25th to November 20th. Everything seemed to be fine until my car cut out multiple times, almost causing multiple accidents just trying to get my 7 year old daughter and I home safely the night of pick up.

I called Premier Coach when I got home, around 7:30pm. Kody called me back, very concerend but more than willing to help. He stated I should bring my car back to the Ford dealership and they should be able to help.

I brough the car back in that Monday, November 23rd, 2015. The dealership has had my car since and has not been able to resolve the issue. I was dealing with Nathan, one of the servicemen. They thought it was something to do with the ignition and tried replacing a part (unfortunately i forgot the name). Since the Ford Certified Master Technician was unable to correct the issue, the next step was to have a Ford Certified Engineer come out to look at the problem.

Thankfully Kody at Premiere Coach has taken car of the cost for my rental until today. Ford has refussed to help with a rental car and would not provide a vehicle from their dealership.
I also spoke with the service manager, Keith, who asked me to explain the story again as I was a little irritated that Ford has not been able to solve the issue and I have been out of my car for well over a month. During my explanation he asked if I thought the "run power active" issue could have caused the accident. I stated that it may have, it may not. I am unfortunately ignorant when it comes to the computer system installed on my car.
Because this was said, Ford Customer Service Manager advised me to seek an attorney and to have my attorney as well as my insurance company work with the Ford Office of General Council. All repair on my vehicle has come to an abrupt hault.

I am completely at a loss and can't begin to believe how Ford has handled this issue. My grandfather worked and retired from the Ford plant in Dearborn, MI. My first car was a Mustang and I have had 4 since. Being as loyal to Ford as I have, I hope this doesn't happen to any other loyal Ford enthusiast.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
So are you saying that Ford told you they have given up on trying to resolve the issue? What happened with the Ford Certified Engineer that was going to come check it out?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Damn that sucks! All because of an accident that was less than 10 mph?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I've had the same "run power active" notification on my brand new 2015 Mustang GT with no resolution from Ford.

I originaly got in a fender bender on October 24th. The police officer said I was probably going 10mph or less when the accident happened based on the damage done to my car and the other that was involved.

I had my car towed to the dealership I purchased the car from, Peoria Ford here in Arizona.
They stated they did not do body work so I was reffered to Premier Coach Works. They had my car from October 25th to November 20th. Everything seemed to be fine until my car cut out multiple times, almost causing multiple accidents just trying to get my 7 year old daughter and I home safely the night of pick up.

I called Premier Coach when I got home, around 7:30pm. Kody called me back, very concerend but more than willing to help. He stated I should bring my car back to the Ford dealership and they should be able to help.

I brough the car back in that Monday, November 23rd, 2015. The dealership has had my car since and has not been able to resolve the issue. I was dealing with Nathan, one of the servicemen. They thought it was something to do with the ignition and tried replacing a part (unfortunately i forgot the name). Since the Ford Certified Master Technician was unable to correct the issue, the next step was to have a Ford Certified Engineer come out to look at the problem.

Thankfully Kody at Premiere Coach has taken car of the cost for my rental until today. Ford has refussed to help with a rental car and would not provide a vehicle from their dealership.
I also spoke with the service manager, Keith, who asked me to explain the story again as I was a little irritated that Ford has not been able to solve the issue and I have been out of my car for well over a month. During my explanation he asked if I thought the "run power active" issue could have caused the accident. I stated that it may have, it may not. I am unfortunately ignorant when it comes to the computer system installed on my car.
Because this was said, Ford Customer Service Manager Leroy Smith at 866-631-3788 ext: 77773 advised me to seek an attorney and to have my attorney as well as my insurance company work with the Ford Office of General Council. All repair on my vehicle has come to an abrupt hault.

I am completely at a loss and can't begin to believe how Ford has handled this issue. My grandfather worked and retired from the Ford plant in Dearborn, MI. My first car was a Mustang and I have had 4 since. Being as loyal to Ford as I have, I hope this doesn't happen to any other loyal Ford enthusiast.
I would get on Twitter and contact FordService. They respond to these issues ASAP and get you an assigned rep to help see the problem get resolved.

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
TruBlue - Pretty much... They are unwilling to work with me and now I have to find an attorney to handle the situation because they are no longer willing to work with me. I just want my car fixed so I can actually enjoy it.

Ecoboosted -This whole situation has been unfortunate. I understand America is considered to be a litigious society but I don't want anything other than my car to be fixed so I can have my baby back lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Todd15 - I did have a rep with Ford. Customer service assigned him to late Friday afternoon and he contacted me this morning. He was the one who advised me to "seek outside council" and they would no longer be "dealing" with me. Twitter is a very good idea though. Thank you!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Todd15 - I did have a rep with Ford. Customer service assigned him to late Friday afternoon and he contacted me this morning. He was the one who advised me to "seek outside council" and they would no longer be "dealing" with me. Twitter is a very good idea though. Thank you!
Oh wow...I misread your post. That is horrible Ford passed the buck.

Here is the twitter account. Best of luck!!
twitter.jpg

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Todd15 - No worries bud, thank you for the link. I just posted on there. @FordService no resolution, told by ford rep i need to seek "outside counsel" ford will not deal with me anymore, just want my car back.....

I hope this works. Thanks again for your time and willingness to help. Ford needs to hire you lol.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Also bring it up to your local news station that resolve things like this. Whenever in the DC area Channel 9 runs them, they get resolved like instantly because of the bad publicity the dealer/business gets.

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Spartan - I did look up info on this issue and I did read the posts in your link. There are 2 other ones and it's been anything from a fuel pump and battery swap to no resolution.

The news idea is a great suggestion. Our local channel 3 does the same thing and I believe they have a partnership with the dealership I bought my car from. Thank you!!!!

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't understand... They can't figure out the problem and refuse to work on it more OR... They believe the accident caused it and it does not fall under warranty?

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Daltron - Ford was willing to work with me until the Service Manager asked if I thought the "run power active" issue had caused the accident. I told him I did not know. I told him it may have, it may not have, and that I wasn't able to give an educated answer the question. I just wanted to make sure my car was fixed and that I had a car to drive up until that point. He told me they don't have "loaner" cars and to talk to the customer service rep about this when he calls. Mind you, this is one of the largest dealerships in Arizona.

Today the Customer Service Manager called asking me to explain the situation. I explained and also expressed my concern about not having a car until the issue was resolved. At that point he seemed to become very defensive and stated that neither the dealership nor Ford would assist with rental car coverage or a "loaner car". He then pretty much told me to get a lawyer because my lawyer and my insurance company would need to deal with Ford from this point on. They would no longer "deal" with me......

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Go to another dealer. Seems like the dealership involved doesn't know how to fix the problem. Even if the accident caused the issue get it fixed at another dealership and the insurance will cover the repair.
Sponsored