goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
what do you peeps think of my idea
What about where the reversing camera is? 0n the other side, tape the camera down near the other one so the overhang above hides it, and the hole is already drilled for the other hole?
And the good thing is with the camera you can swivel it so it faces up
So there would be no drilling and just putting the camera next to the other one, will be out of the way and look pretty smart
?
think it's the only place that you can nearly hide it, and you don't need to drill a special hole for it, there is no where in the car
Sponsored

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good. Do it and post pics on here. :)
think it would get to wet, and its not waterproof
So on the rear view mirror with the roof up the picture would record mostly inside the car, and even worse on a vert
So my idea is
where the headrest is on the front passenger seat, have the cable running up the side of the seat, and that way would at least get a decent picture with the roof up, and there is no drilling, and a lot less hassle, would mean running the cable round the window, and down the door under the carpet and up by the cup holders, have a little bracket on the metal bar on the headrest, so the camera can be more central, like something like this, but thinner
https://www.polesandblinds.com/speed...CRlhoC1-Tw_wcB

Now it's not perfect, but there is no drilling, no water damage, can't get splashed, yes you will have a little cable running up the side of your seat, but you will only film the back seats and the window

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
I just use a dual lens dashcam.

Skip to the end for top down footage
but you are than filming yourself :frusty:
I use when the roof is up, the camera standing up, with the cable held tight by the seats, only issue is if any video i want to keep, have to flip it.
and when the roof is down, the camera clips onto the end of the roof
works well, easy to flip video if i wanted to

Sponsored

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean something like this?
nope more like this
Thinkware F750 camera set-up
sorry about the turn neck pictures ;)

1st one, roof up
2nd one, roof down
20170304_121043.jpg
20170304_121318.jpg

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
nope more like this
Thinkware F750 camera set-up
sorry about the turn neck pictures ;)

1st one, roof up
2nd one, roof down
I have that set up in my Camaro convertible. Same camera set. Completely undetectable top up. The rear mounted camera can be seen if you really look for it top down. Aimed to shoot just above the top of the rear spoiler. Can't see the bottom half of cars behind me, but in Michigan we don't have front plates anyway, so not an issue.

I tried to attach pics, but my file sizes are apparently too large for this site. This link goes to the page in Camaro6 where the photos are located. Near the bottom of page 4. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519443&page=4
Sponsored