Sponsored

So MotorTrend is not doing free YouTube videos anymore...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
For anyone who is still waiting for the free version of the 18 GT vs 18 SS 1LE and other Head2Head videos:

"All new episodes of your favorite shows will now live exclusively on the Motor Trend Website and Apps. And, for our loyal YouTube followers, you can get our best offer ever – for the next 10 days you can sign up to enjoy exclusive automotive content, ad-free, for just $2.99/month. Click the link above for our Best Offer Ever!

Go to the Motor Trend website now to start streaming all your favorite shows like Roadkill, Hot Rod Garage, Head 2 Head, Fast N’ Loud, Street Outlaws and more!"

All thanks to Discovery Communications who recently bought MotorTrend and now started to milk them. They even deactivated comments and thumbs-up/down on their YouTube announcement

:mad::frusty:
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Wow. Their videos were awesome but if it's gonna be behind a paywall I'd rather just subscribe to the actual magazine for 10 bucks a year instead.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Stopped watching once Camisa left ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. There's a lot of really good automotive content on YouTube, Ignition won't really be missed. Hopefully a channel comes along and fills the Head2Head void as well.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah, their videos were great and the quality of their shots on cars is amazing.

But this move is just bad. They even uploaded a video where theey directly say "We've grown to the biggest automotive channel on YouTube, but f*** you YouTube-viewers, we want to get more $$$" :thumbdown:

Time to move on to other channels, guess a lot of people are waiting to fill the head2head spot.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I really don't like that Discovery bought them. I do'nt even like half the reality shit that's out there especially those douche bags from Gas Monkey Garage.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah, their videos were great and the quality of their shots on cars is amazing.

But this move is just bad. They even uploaded a video where theey directly say "We've grown to the biggest automotive channel on YouTube, but f*** you YouTube-viewers, we want to get more $$$" :thumbdown:
That's Discovery Channel's work, not specifically TEN.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Greedy...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
For me, it's worth the $4.99/month just to watch Roadkill, Roadkill Garage and the associated daily updates.

They've now thrown in a load of additional stuff I don't really care about, but I've not regretted subscribing for the last year or so.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
For a moment there I thought this was the company that did a track test video on a 2018 Mustang and never showed a complete lap, not even a lap time lol.

But that was MotorWeek.

-

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've been subscribing to Motor Trend on Demand for quite a while now. IMO it's well worth it. So cheap for all those shows. Now it's worth it even more than ever because they have a ton of additional content compared to the past. I would encourage any of you to do the free month trial on it.
Sponsored