Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Might work well on the upcoming D6 platform.
Interesting...

jimmbbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT Sterling Gray
:coolphotos: [MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION] - Admire the creativity but a Mustang hatchback places about 16,846 on my wishlist, just above a toilet paper warmer.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Responding to criticism from dealers and investors about an aging product lineup, Hackett says that more new vehicles are in the pipeline. Dealers don’t know everything the company is planning, Hackett said in a brief interview with The Associated Press. “We think dealers are really going to be happy with the vehicles we’ve got coming this year and what we’ve got in the hopper,” he said, without giving specifics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...0fa8d7a0db6_story.html?utm_term=.5478ccfb9076

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
If Ford were smarter, they would give solid hints as to what is coming in order to build excitement. They are treating these vehicle developments like a secret nuke program. I understand that you don't want to give the competition ideas, but once you are so far along in the design and implementation process, they would still have to play catch-up in a big way. Like what Dodge did with the Demon for instance.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If Ford were smarter, they would give solid hints as to what is coming in order to build excitement. They are treating these vehicle developments like a secret nuke program. I understand that you don't want to give the competition ideas, but once you are so far along in the design and implementation process, they would still have to play catch-up in a big way. Like what Dodge did with the Demon for instance.

I don't think Ford needs to make any more hype than currently exists.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think Ford needs to make any more hype than currently exists.

Which is almost zero. I honestly don't care about anything that is coming out. The Ford GT was exciting, but that has been about it since 2015.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Dodge for all intents and purposes is dead. It's got aging and non competitive platforms and lack of funds to develop new stuff. They have to do something to drum up business and teasers are what they do to accomplish that.

It's "cool" that they took an old as poop motor, threw a supercharger on it and got impressive numbers. But few will own or drive one and it serves nothing for the brand other than "look at us over here". At the end of the day it's a POS Mopar. People drool over it and buy vehicles elsewhere.

Now Ford also has issues. They are letting their cars die on the vine. Sure today people prefer Crossovers/SUV's but there is still a large popuation that likes a great sedan. Fiesta, Focus need attention as have been basically untouched since their introduction. Fusion same thing. Taurus has not been touched since 2009 when the update was released. Mustang is the only thing that is getting attention. They need to do something to the aging car line. The vehicles are all capable they just need some love.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will say, that the new Lincoln Continental is a great looking car. But the drive train is killing it for me.

Thank you for not typing "for all intensive purposes", btw.
Sponsored