2019 GT350/R offering

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Must say I am surprised about this car being continued.
Did he happen to mention if there would be any changes in styling etc?
Keep us posted.
Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If this is the case I would be tempted to dump my R order and wait for the GT500.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I for one am hoping that Ford will churn out as many GT350s as possible for as long as possible. I really love this car, but I realize I will wear mine out eventually. Due to its special nature there will be lightly used GT350s available for quite a while. Some terrific owner won't drive his GT350 very much and I will be able to buy a virtually new 2017 or 2018 GT350 once he decides to sell. I'm not very interested in the GT500 based on what I've read so far. Who knows how much longer cars like the GT350 will be offered? I want the used market for GT350s to go down in price so they will easily be available in the future.

Who knows? Maybe Ford (or another company) will come up with something even better in the next few years and I will want to get rid of the GT350. I'm not holding my breath.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I for one am hoping that Ford will churn out as many GT350s as possible for as long as possible. I really love this car, but I realize I will wear mine out eventually. Due to its special nature there will be lightly used GT350s available for quite a while. Some terrific owner won't drive his GT350 very much and I will be able to buy a virtually new 2017 or 2018 GT350 once he decides to sell. I'm not very interested in the GT500 based on what I've read so far. Who knows how much longer cars like the GT350 will be offered? I want the used market for GT350s to go down in price so they will easily be available in the future.

Who knows? Maybe Ford (or another company) will come up with something even better in the next few years and I will want to get rid of the GT350. I'm not holding my breath.
Same man - I bought my R as a track/street toy - with the intent that I wouldn't be buying another track/street toy until this one is run into the ground one way or the other. Completely all for the scenario where the market has so many that another can be acquired relatively easy in 7yrs or so.. or something better with the same application/$range

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
a very short time after the GT 500 starts production in mid to late year 2019 the updated camaro will come out. At the same time a 2019 the Mid Engine vette will be in production and the hellcat will get additional power and upgrades. lots will be going on for automotive enthusiasts.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
a very short time after the GT 500 starts production in mid to late year 2019 the updated camaro will come out. At the same time a 2019 the Mid Engine vette will be in production and the hellcat will get additional power and upgrades. lots will be going on for automotive enthusiasts.
The only option above would be the mid engine Vette IMHO.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Ford has been so damn sloppy with this GT500 release. Its already way behind schedule. You can buy its direct competitor right now and could have bought it the last year or so for under MSRP. Now it looks like the GT350 is going to get watered down even more as a result of all the delays. I feel bad for people who paid all these crazy mark ups thinking the GT350 was going to be a limited 2 year run. Ford shouldve given it the 2018 fresh atleast.

Sponsored
OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The only option above would be the mid engine Vette IMHO.
Yes Sir, point being, it would have been nice to see a GT500 in MY 18 or 19 max, but 2020 YIKES! The competition won’t be sitting still, you can bet all will be upgraded across the board.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Yes Sir, point being, it would have been nice to see a GT500 in MY 18 or 19 max, but 2020 YIKES! The competition won’t be sitting still, you can bet all will be upgraded across the board.
Then you will have to play the stupid mark up game on a car that is 2 years delayed. It just spells one big disaster if you ask me.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
yep, best to wait it out and see how it unfolds. one thing is for sure, it's gonna be quite a while before the average guy gets his hands on one.
I bet we get full specs on it at the 2019 NAIAS.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ford has been so damn sloppy with this GT500 release. Its already way behind schedule. You can buy its direct competitor right now and could have bought it the last year or so for under MSRP. Now it looks like the GT350 is going to get watered down even more as a result of all the delays. I feel bad for people who paid all these crazy mark ups thinking the GT350 was going to be a limited 2 year run. Ford shouldve given it the 2018 fresh atleast.
All I see is complaining and sour grapes. Put your money where your mouth is.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I get it a lot of people want the newest, latest and greatest. However, Porsche seems to have no issues selling their variants of 911 of which none will be anywhere near as fast as the theoretical GT500. Now I am not for the 2019 production year for the GT350, if it happens. I don't see Ford having any problem selling the GT350 in the future. Many cars already outperformed the GT350 and the gt350r. And yet, everyone still loves the GT350. Kind of like 911.
Sponsored