Sponsored

Bushing replacement cost?

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hi everyone,

I am stuck at a crossroad. After I have BMR lockout kit, Airlift, and Vertical Links installed. The rear has produced a lot of squeaks when the frame is flexing or over bumps after a year of driving. I suspect OEM bushings are giving out.

I tried to lube the vertical links and spray down other components like everyone suggest but no dice.

I am thinking to put the stock vertical links and remove the lockout kit. I think the lockout kit both have cross-thread on the driverside. If IDK if it is a good idea to remove that lol.

Have anyone went back to stock after upgrade their suspension? I keep telling my self, it is a race car and race car makes noise.:headbonk:
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I don't believe it's the CB005, it ain't even a moving part (per se). Mine wasn't bolted well for a month or so...didn't feel anything. Only found out when someone looked and said "why is that bolt backed out?"

I would inspect all of the bushings/bearings (knuckle, camber arm, toe arm, lca, vert link, etc.) including the shock attachment points.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I don't believe it's the CB005, it ain't even a moving part (per se). Mine wasn't bolted well for a month or so...didn't feel anything. Only found out when someone looked and said "why is that bolt backed out?"

I would inspect all of the bushings/bearings (knuckle, camber arm, toe arm, lca, vert link, etc.) including the shock attachment points.
I went through a few times and still yet to figure out which one of the bushing is making noise. Now that weather is cold, Im gonna have to ride this out. It would be amazing if BMR or Steeda have a complete poly replacement to every bushing

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I went through a few times and still yet to figure out which one of the bushing is making noise. Now that weather is cold, Im gonna have to ride this out. It would be amazing if BMR or Steeda have a complete poly replacement to every bushing
Steeda does have a wide variety of urethane and squeak free solutions.

Reach out to Mike D @ 954-960-0774.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hi everyone,

I am stuck at a crossroad. After I have BMR lockout kit, Airlift, and Vertical Links installed. The rear has produced a lot of squeaks when the frame is flexing or over bumps after a year of driving. I suspect OEM bushings are giving out.

I tried to lube the vertical links and spray down other components like everyone suggest but no dice.

I am thinking to put the stock vertical links and remove the lockout kit. I think the lockout kit both have cross-thread on the driverside. If IDK if it is a good idea to remove that lol.

Have anyone went back to stock after upgrade their suspension? I keep telling my self, it is a race car and race car makes noise.:headbonk:
Have you called us to discuss? Typically these occurrences are super simple to resolve. :cheers:

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I have spoken to the OP.

I suggested he start by replacing the current links with the stockers, and if that does the trick I will rebuild his links to update them to the current design, or offered him a deal on our Poly Links (TCA048)

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have spoken to the OP.

I suggested he start by replacing the current links with the stockers, and if that does the trick I will rebuild his links to update them to the current design, or offered him a deal on our Poly Links (TCA048)
Thank you for the great customer service. Ill update you once I swap out the vertical links when the weather permits.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]. The noise squeak was from the Vertical Links. I inspected all bushings and they showed no sign of wear or cracks. Shocks are still good. After, the test drive. I can hear a slight creak and crack when weight is transfer from left to right or right to left and I turn the corner at random times. Could this be Sway bar or Sway bar links?

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]. The noise squeak was from the Vertical Links. I inspected all bushings and they showed no sign of wear or cracks. Shocks are still good. After, the test drive. I can hear a slight creak and crack when weight is transfer from left to right or right to left and I turn the corner at random times. Could this be Sway bar or Sway bar links?
Yes, I would check the sway bar pivot bushings and end links to make sure they are torqued properly.

Lube the Sway Bar pivot bushings with synthetic Super Lube, which available at any good hardware store.

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Yes, I would check the sway bar pivot bushings and end links to make sure they are torqued properly.

Lube the Sway Bar pivot bushings with synthetic Super Lube, which available at any good hardware store.

Steeda Tech
sway bar end links are tight. I will take lose up the sway bar and lube the bushing with Super Lube Synthetic like you suggested.
Sponsored