Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Front Control Arms (Lateral and Tension Link)

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
You can buy these new easily or good condition (and cheap) take off on ebay.
Thanks I don't know why I didn't search there first
Sponsored

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
I have a PP set I'll let go as I replaced mine with the Steeda offering. They have about 10k miles on them.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Same. This is what I want as well. The same as the PP lateral/tension link with the roll center adjustment.

I don't have bumpsteer so I don't need the extended ball studs. But I don't see steeda offering a PP equivalent lateral link for us base suspension guys.

Tension link with bushing + roll center correction

Lateral link with PP bearing and regular length ball studs

Any chance of steeda offering something like this? It would be perfect for base suspension guys and people without bumpsteer.

Same as the PP arms but with roll center correction added to the tension link.
The website has been updated to further detail what each component entails. I am not sure I fully understand what you are looking for, but I will answer each of your statements to try and clarify.

“I don't have bumpsteer so I don't need the extended ball studs. But I don't see steeda offering a PP equivalent lateral link for us base suspension guys.” – All vehicles have bumpsteer, it just becomes more noticeable after lowering it.

“Tension link with bushing + roll center correction” – We offer the tension link with bushings, but not with roll center correction. In our analysis, we found that the tension link had minimal effect on the roll center versus the lateral link. Is there a particular reason you want roll center correction on the tension link and not on the lateral link?

“Lateral link with PP bearing and regular length ball studs” – We offer the lateral link with the PP bearing, but not with regular studs. Our intent for these parts was to market them to lowered vehicles that needed the roll center correction.

“Any chance of steeda offering something like this? It would be perfect for base suspension guys and people without bumpsteer.” – We will certainly take this under advisement.

Team Steeda

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
The website has been updated to further detail what each component entails. I am not sure I fully understand what you are looking for, but I will answer each of your statements to try and clarify.

“I don't have bumpsteer so I don't need the extended ball studs. But I don't see steeda offering a PP equivalent lateral link for us base suspension guys.” – All vehicles have bumpsteer, it just becomes more noticeable after lowering it.

“Tension link with bushing + roll center correction” – We offer the tension link with bushings, but not with roll center correction. In our analysis, we found that the tension link had minimal effect on the roll center versus the lateral link. Is there a particular reason you want roll center correction on the tension link and not on the lateral link?

“Lateral link with PP bearing and regular length ball studs” – We offer the lateral link with the PP bearing, but not with regular studs. Our intent for these parts was to market them to lowered vehicles that needed the roll center correction.

“Any chance of steeda offering something like this? It would be perfect for base suspension guys and people without bumpsteer.” – We will certainly take this under advisement.

Team Steeda
Some of my questions stemmed from the descriptions on the steeda site. I thought the tension + lateral link both had roll center correction.

I now understand that it's just the lateral link that has roll center correction & the raised ball stud.

I think I've got all my ducks in a row now.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Some of my questions stemmed from the descriptions on the steeda site. I thought the tension + lateral link both had roll center correction.

I now understand that it's just the lateral link that has roll center correction & the raised ball stud.

I think I've got all my ducks in a row now.
Great, glad we were able to clarify.

Mike D

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Sebring testing 02/11/2018

After practice and qualifying we found the additional grip from the lateral link we had take some roll stiffness out of the rear bar to eliminate slight over steer.
Snapseed.jpg

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Suspension

Question about the description of your Rear adjustable camber arms (555-4123)

"The factory suspension comes with many bushings which also bind and hinder the suspension from articulating. Our Steeda rear camber arms get rid of TWO of these bushings, eliminating their artificial spring rate and ensuring that your suspension has the lowest amount of friction possible."

If the camber arms only get rid of two of the OEM bushings, how many other suspension bushings does the Mustang have and shouldn't they be replaced as well?

Secondly, what is the difference between Rear adjustable camber arms and the lower priced Rear Camber Adjustment Kit? (555-4126)

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Question about the description of your Rear adjustable camber arms (555-4123)

"The factory suspension comes with many bushings which also bind and hinder the suspension from articulating. Our Steeda rear camber arms get rid of TWO of these bushings, eliminating their artificial spring rate and ensuring that your suspension has the lowest amount of friction possible."

If the camber arms only get rid of two of the OEM bushings, how many other suspension bushings does the Mustang have and shouldn't they be replaced as well?

Secondly, what is the difference between Rear adjustable camber arms and the lower priced Rear Camber Adjustment Kit? (555-4126)
It depends, Ford designed the bushings to put a controlled rate in the suspension and for bushing durability. Once you start changing the control with upgraded bushings and bearings you should upgrade your dampers as well.

One is new camber arm with upgraded bushings and spherical bearing.

And the other is this below,just a way to make camber adjustment easier.
thumbnail (6).jpg

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Suspension questions

It depends, Ford designed the bushings to put a controlled rate in the suspension and for bushing durability. Once you start changing the control with upgraded bushings and bearings you should upgrade your dampers as well.

One is new camber arm with upgraded bushings and spherical bearing.

And the other is this below, just a way to make camber adjustment easier.

"Ford designed the bushings to put a controlled rate in the suspension and for bushing durability. Once you start changing the control with upgraded bushings and bearings you should upgrade your dampers as well."

I need some clarification on this statement. I'm planning to purchase the Non-Adjustable shocks/struts, Billet rear shock mounts, camber plates and rear camber arms. Are there any remaining bushing, bearings and dampers that should be replaced with current parts I'm buying? I'm strictly street.

Thanx.

I'm a novice so you have to spell it out...:shrug:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
"Ford designed the bushings to put a controlled rate in the suspension and for bushing durability. Once you start changing the control with upgraded bushings and bearings you should upgrade your dampers as well."

I need some clarification on this statement. I'm planning to purchase the Non-Adjustable shocks/struts, Billet rear shock mounts, camber plates and rear camber arms. Are there any remaining bushing, bearings and dampers that should be replaced with current parts I'm buying? I'm strictly street.

Thanx.

I'm a novice so you have to spell it out...:shrug:
Sure would like to discuss the different options with you. Just pm your contact info and we will go over in detail.
Thanks,
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sure would like to discuss the different options with you. Just pm your contact info and we will go over in detail.
Thanks,
Steeda Tech

pm sent. keep in mind I just want to make sure that I have the minimum parts necessary to maximize the ride and performance of my Mustang lowered on Steeda progressives.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Aight, folks... a while back I made an excruciatingly long video of me installing the front/upper control arm bearing in place of the OEM bushing into my OEM PP tension arms. I do NOT have Steeda's replacement tension arm with the extended ball joint. I'd like to provide an early report now that I have an alignment on the car and have had time to drive it after ripping the front end off bringing the car back from warranty repairs and installing my oil cooler and tow hook and some other secret goodies (no, there's nothing else it just sounds cool to say that... or is there?). I will swing back in when I get a track day or mountain run (at least) under my belt and report on any qualitative and quantitative improvements there.

Keep in mind, I do need to have my alignment done better, which will happen at Steeda in Valdosta this month, I think. My current alignment done was at a dealer by a trusted friend, but he's not able to spend the time that Steeda does on my alignments, and it's a dealer alignment machine not calibrated as often as Steeda's, so, at the very least, my camber is not to my preference and my bumpsteer kit was not addressed, which it should be (per Steeda) now that I have an extended ball joint in. Plus he did it for like half the price. It's a good alignment, just not inclusive of my bumpsteer kit.

Anyway, I spent three days with my car last week... normal everyday driving. I've noticed three "different enough to notice in everyday driving" things (for the better):

1) Turn in response feels faster and more confident, like the car isn't as heavy. It's not OMG MASSIVE OMG OMG different at this point, but it is different. It feels a bit like I'm tipping toward the inside wheel when turning, much the same sensation I get when driving a BMW (or at lease the BMWs that I have driven). Or kind of like you're in a way being pulled by the inside wheel in the direction of the turn. It's a good feeling, I can't really describe in appropriate terms because I don't know what those terms are, haha. You get the feeling of less body roll in initial turn in. I have my sway bars on full soft right now, and it's not like body roll is eliminated or anything like that, but it's different.

2) This likely be my alignment which I had for a while and was very used to, but there's a very solid on-center feel, but then minor corrections for staying in the lane must be done differently, like with less movement of the wheel or more carefully. Almost like if you jump into a rental car that has "fidgety" steering compared to your car, but you get used to it after a while and realize that you're enjoying the sporty feel. Like that.

3) My steering feels generally "lighter" almost as if there was some kind of binding before and now it's gone (I don't think that is actually the case, but I don't know). This COULD be because I have been driving a Dodge Durango mostly with a notably different steering feel than the Mustang and hadn't driven the Mustang in AGES, but futzing around the garage to park the car, I feel like I'm using less muscle to whip the wheels around. Probably just me not having driven the car in forever, but I caught myself thinking to myself that I'd appreciate a little heavier weight in the steering rack (which is a thought I had when I bought the car, actually, so it's not "because of this part"). So I think getting used the car will solve this for me. Putting the car into Sport+ or Track gets it in a good place. I wish we could have another, even tighter setting... and, again, I've wished for that even before this installation... desperately.

Be back in a while when I can get to (aka afford) a track day. Overall, really happy with this modification. It's made the car feel less heavy. That's important to me!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
15% off savings ends at midnight, don't delay, order yours today!

No discount code needed ... instant savings taken at checkout.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share the following video with you ... simple, thorough explanation:

[ame]

TJ

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share the following video with you ... simple, thorough explanation:

TJ

Is the Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (2015-2019 All) really necessary for a non-track, cruising daily driver?
Sponsored