Sponsored

INGOT SILVER S550 MUSTANG Thread

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Good looking black wheel is here IF you like black wheels....they are semi gloss thicker spoked and have some concavity. I have them on my car (not my car below). Looks sick. Ford OEM wheels are junk imo....way too heavy as you will find out.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Again, black wheels have a lot of fans. I would like them better if the outer edge had a machined look, like these wheels. I think that would look great on a silver S550.
6.jpg

blue87turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Good looking black wheel is here IF you like black wheels....they are semi gloss thicker spoked and have some concavity. I have them on my car (not my car below). Looks sick. Ford OEM wheels are junk imo....way too heavy as you will find out.

Now those black wheels I like. The ones on the PP cars, not so much. I hope there is another option for the PP down the line, I really do like those 20"s. That silver is sexy!

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Again, black wheels have a lot of fans. I would like them better if the outer edge had a machined look, like these wheels. I think that would look great on a silver S550.
The issue isn't whether or not some people like black wheels, the issue is that if you want the PP, these are your only choice. Not only that, but they started out with at least the option of having the slightly less polarizing satin charcoal finish, but seem to have quietly eliminated it.

I mean, seriously you guys, scroll to the top of the page and tell me THOSE wheels wouldn't look even better on that silver car.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The issue isn't whether or not some people like black wheels, the issue is that if you want the PP, these are your only choice. Not only that, but they started out with at least the option of having the slightly less polarizing satin charcoal finish, but seem to have quietly eliminated it.

I mean, seriously you guys, scroll to the top of the page and tell me THOSE wheels wouldn't look even better on that silver car.
They haven't announced any final wheel and tire packages yet.

DBGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT/CS
INGOT SILVER

That car looks awesome ,might have to rethink the colour we choose. Got to have bright wheels.

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
They haven't announced any final wheel and tire packages yet.
I was gonna mention the same thing. who said they eliminated the rims on the forum pic? I've seen so many different models and trims and wheels on these cars since revealed that it would be impossible to say what's gonna stay and what's gonna go, and what rims go with what options. And who's to say that if you get a PP you won't have your choice of the whole line of rims they offer? Unlikely, but just saying, still possible since they haven't mentioned anything set in stone yet

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I was gonna mention the same thing. who said they eliminated the rims on the forum pic? I've seen so many different models and trims and wheels on these cars since revealed that it would be impossible to say what's gonna stay and what's gonna go, and what rims go with what options. And who's to say that if you get a PP you won't have your choice of the whole line of rims they offer? Unlikely, but just saying, still possible since they haven't mentioned anything set in stone yet
All the wheels they've shown are on the official Mustang site. They've already announced the wheel and tire sizes. The PP comes with a staggered wheel/tire size that is unique among the other choices. Just like the current Brembo option, there will most likely be one choice of wheel. They've only shown the PP with the black wheels and those black wheels have only shown up on the PP. And lastly, the configurator used to have a choice between gloss black and charcoal. It doesn't anymore.

look, I hope I'm wrong and they offer some other wheel choice, but the evidence doesn't point that way. In either case I'll still be first in line to buy one.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Look at the screws or rivets on that thing...anyone with manufacturing experience know why they have screwed this thing together like this? Prefab sizing prep? I'd like to drive a test mule and then a line built model.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Whoever invented black wheels should be shot. Gawd they look awful.

Anyway thanks for posting :)
No, no - they should be commended for color coordination! :)
Sponsored