Sponsored

INGOT SILVER S550 MUSTANG Thread

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Whoever invented black wheels should be shot. Gawd they look awful.

Anyway thanks for posting :)
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

Anyway thanks for posting :)
Totally disagree. With a brightly colored car and light brake calipers underneath, black wheels can look great. Maybe not always the best choice for sure, but not always terrible either.

-T

Crazyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old beat up and thankfully running strong
WOW Silver works great on this car unlike almost all other cars. The black wheels look great on silver.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Totally disagree. With a brightly colored car and light brake calipers underneath, black wheels can look great. Maybe not always the best choice for sure, but not always terrible either.

-T
The gloss black is terrible. It makes it so half the time, you can't even make out the actual wheel design; it's just a black hole. If they were more of a satin charcoal like in the banner pic at the top of this page, they'd look so much better, however it seems for some unfathomable reason, Ford has eliminated that option and hasn't been showing them.

ps the silver looks awesome. Definitely my top choice if I had to order today.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
You might find a lot of people standing in front of the guy as human shields. :lol:
I'm old school so I like my rims shiny but I'll admit black rims with certain colors works. Triple yellow, oxford white and ingot silver as examples.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The gloss black is terrible. It makes it so half the time, you can't even make out the actual wheel design; it's just a black hole. If they were more of a satin charcoal like in the banner pic at the top of this page, they'd look so much better, however it seems for some unfathomable reason, Ford has eliminated that option and hasn't been showing them.

ps the silver looks awesome. Definitely my top choice if I had to order today.
It person you can make it out just fine. The wheels are clearly defined when I looked at it. The combo is awesome in person and now my first choice if I were to buy one.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I guess it's really a love or hate thing with black wheels. I'm with the haters.

The gloss black is terrible. It makes it so half the time, you can't even make out the actual wheel design; it's just a black hole.
:amen:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I will say after seeing this car in person I do like the middle painted rear valance where in pics I didn't. The whole thing painted wouldn't look good though. It wouldn't flow right with the black rockers.

Sponsored

MYs197

I got to see the car tonight. It's amazing looking in person and Ingot Silver shows off the great lines of the car. My fiancee is sold on getting Ingot Silver with the black wheels. This car is just pure sex on wheels!

Link to my pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtarlton/sets/72157640615834495/
Great pictures. You've convinced me this is top 3. DIB is still very high on the list and I figure I will have to see them in person to decide between the two. I'm still waiting to see Ruby Red too.

These are the best pics I've seen yet of the ingot silver. I hope you don't mind me posting it here.

One question, is it just my imagination or do some of the body seams look like they have too much gap compared to some of the other cars we've seen?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Great pictures. You've convinced me this is top 3. DIB is still very high on the list and I figure I will have to see them in person to decide between the two. I'm still waiting to see Ruby Red too.

These are the best pics I've seen yet of the ingot silver. I hope you don't mind me posting it here.

One question, is it just my imagination or do some of the body seams look like they have too much gap compared to some of the other cars we've seen?
No problem! They were taken on my Nokia Lumia 920 but came out pretty good. The gaps aren't bad in person but remember these are all preproduction so I'm sure we'll see those tolerances tighten closer to production.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Those black wheels are hideous! Can someone explain to me why you like them? Maybe part of it too is that I'm more of a 5 spoke guy than multi spoke, I generally do not like multi spoke. Color them a dull black and you might as well have those old black steel wheels you see on junked cars from the 80s. It literally looks like something is missing in the wheel wells.

The only colors I think it might work and not in multi spoke and only if it's high gloss are black, white, silver, GHIG, and Comp Orange.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Body seams look great to me, I hardly see any gap.... But it looks jacked up higher because of the black holes where silver painted rims should be.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
dust black/ charcoal wheels would be better.
Then it just looks like it's covered in break dust. I think with any of these smoked and black wheels they can look amazing up close but from a distance they typically look dirty to me.
Sponsored