Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So if as being reported that the base now has the suspension of the previous years PP - does it also get the PP front and rear braking system??
No. It doesn't have the upgraded brakes, upgraded radiator, torsen differential etc.
Sponsored

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
I'm not familiar with other makes (chevy, dodge etc) further to wheel hop issues. But am very familiar with wheel hop issues associated with the 2017 Mustang which I own (and love inspite of this issue). Although there are aftermarket upgrades, they still don't fully resolve this problem and all in are very time intensive and costly (parts, install and alignment ...).

Accordingly, I wonder if with the 2018 suspension improvements, they have helped to resolved this very annoying problem?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'm not familiar with other makes (chevy, dodge etc) further to wheel hop issues. But am very familiar with wheel hop issues associated with the 2017 Mustang which I own (and love inspite of this issue). Although there are aftermarket upgrades, they still don't fully resolve this problem and all in are very time intensive and costly (parts, install and alignment ...).

Accordingly, I wonder if with the 2018 suspension improvements, they have helped to resolved this very annoying problem?
Firmer bushings usually help out with that, but I am pretty sure it also results in more NVH.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
What's NVH? Norm's Verbal Homilies?
Noise Vibration Harshness.

I asked this too recently. I had never heard it until like 2 months ago and I've been around cars/car sites/care communities for almost 20yrs now. Seems to have caught on in the last year or so.

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Yes, but he seemed to be complaining some about the 10 speed hunting around for the right gear too much.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Yes, but he seemed to be complaining some about the 10 speed hunting around for the right gear too much.
After listening to the car as he drove combined with his comments I suspect most of the "issues" were his driving "style" involving "less than smooth" throttle application. For what he was doing the trans probably would have been just fine with the shifter in S using the paddles with minimal shifting. In other words the same as driving a manual on that road and using mostly 3rd and maybe 4th in the higher speed straights.

I'm not concerned.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Noise Vibration Harshness.

I asked this too recently. I had never heard it until like 2 months ago and I've been around cars/car sites/care communities for almost 20yrs now. Seems to have caught on in the last year or so.
Consider yourself lucky if you don't know what NVH means. It means you've never had vibrations due to driveshaft, differential, etc that requires numerous visits to the dealer for NVH analysis.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
What's NVH? Norm's Verbal Homilies?
Norm’s pretty cool. Love his input:thumbsup:
Noise
Vibration
Harshness

Automotive engineers (particularly tire engineers) get tortured with demands to objectively and subjectively evaluate NVH and its relations between road, tire, suspension, chassis, cabin, etc.
One day there will be a documentary about tire engineers being trained in Japan for Toyota NVH. Very demanding.

All the automotive and tire engineers that have been tasked with NVH work will get weird if you bring it up seriously and ask what it means. NVH means very demanding work. It has been the frontline in defining automotive luxury since the 90s in Japanese and particularly Toyota vehicles. It is the immature, brutish and unrefined understanding of ones surroundings that differentiates superior NVH engineering and luxury experience. US automotive executive culture and engineering culture was blindsided by the value of NVH engineering programs in the 1990s. Toyota sets the bar, GM follows. In the meantime, Ford cant understand that buyers expect lower end marque to exemplify the NVH of their luxury marque.

For example, as the careers of young Mustang drivers develop, how many will buy a Lincoln instead of a Toyota, BMW, Hyundia, GM, Nissan, Tesla, etc. as they become more successful? Huge problem for Ford.

When someone brings a Mustang to a dealership with a driveline vibration issue not resolved with new wheels and tires, that vehicle should be acquired in haste with replacement offered. Those vehicles are canaries that a Toyota NVH team would master, root cause, QA program, add supplier/internal job 1 safeguard.

If there are any Toyota, Bridgestone, or Japan trained NVH engineers at Ford, we should pray for them.

Last edited:

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Anyone know if the Ecoboost PP with magnaride is lowered or same height as regular eco? Also does the Eco PP get eh Michelin tires like the GT PP?

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Anyone know if the Ecoboost PP with magnaride is lowered or same height as regular eco? Also does the Eco PP get eh Michelin tires like the GT PP?
I think it's only the PP2 cars that are lowered, so the PP1 with magneride would look the same as PP1 w/o or a non-pp car. Same old P-Zero Neros on the Eco PP.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
This article is regarding the 2018 Mustang EcoBoost - BUT if you read down a few paragraphs they also state concerns with the new 10-spd Auto trans behind the 5.0.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1113762_2018-ford-mustang-first-drive-review-getting-serious
Not pretending that I care all that much about the automatic, but doesn't pretty much every single new automatic transmission go through a learning process? Could that be contributing to some of the mixed-reviews as the cars haven't really been driven enough consistently to work itself out?

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's only the PP2 cars that are lowered, so the PP1 with magneride would look the same as PP1 w/o or a non-pp car. Same old P-Zero Neros on the Eco PP.
Well thats disappointing. Wish the had the PP2 for the Eco. Love the wheels and those tires will be way better. Wish i had the funds for a loaded GT. Can you put lowering springs on a Magnaride care? Not quite sure how that works.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This article is regarding the 2018 Mustang EcoBoost - BUT if you read down a few paragraphs they also state concerns with the new 10-spd Auto trans behind the 5.0.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1113762_2018-ford-mustang-first-drive-review-getting-serious

I read this one. Its funny this one thinks the 10 speed is great in the eco and not the GT. Just yesterday I read a review that stated the exact opposite. I guess this is one of those situations where ya really need to go test for yourself. I am going to drive both.
Sponsored