Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
For french speaking friends. Sounds not very good

[ame]
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Checked out a 2018 PP with active exhaust and digital dash yesterday.

Exhaust modes change with drive mode and they were all great.

Digital dash is awesome and I want it.

Curious though - peering into the hood vents revealed the actual hole is much smaller than the vent screen. Really??

And the brake duct plastic screens were fake and blanked off. Non functional. Really???

Oh, and the car is fast. Really.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
LOL along with 2 or more others...."soon to be owners" :doh:
I was originally hunting for a Grabber PP GT, but then I keep seeing things that could be better in the future and found myself in a waiting game.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Can you summarize for us what he is saying? :)
This car is amazing, purely judging from the amount of smiles, grins and laughter from behind the wheel. :D

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Just wondering what his "sounds not very good" meant :)

Here's another review:
[ame]

But I hope there will be some more intense reviews of the car soon, since the embargo drops today. Especially showing more Features in detail would be nice, like show us how navigation is displayed in the digital gauges, or how radio setup works. Or how the new steering wheels feels? We've seen enough of drive mode changing digital dashes.

Also most "reviews" are just people saying it's fast and the 10AT feels great. But I honestly I wish they would compare it more to the 15 GT or Camaro SS, especially how magnetic ride handles. Guess we will that soon, can't wait for Motor Trend and Matt getting their hands on it :cheers:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That magnetic on those flyby looks bloody brilliant. I remember when I picked up my MY15 magnetic and though it was gorgeous it kind of looked a bit silly with its crazy high ride height and not very aggressive front-end due to being a export model (no vents).

That MY18 looks so much better than mine did stock, admittedly once I'd lowered my MY15, put a black pony, front splitter and LED lights my MY15 was as good looking, maybe a touch nicer, but that MY18 moving on the road looks so damn good.

Shame its not a great review though, driving an orange car, but using exterior footage from another car, seems odd, oh well.

So far all these reviews seems a bit rubbish, none of them have done performance test, none of them have truly showed us how the different magnetic ride modes work and perform.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another stock car traps 119mph:

[ame]

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Another stock car traps 119mph:

I was just about to post that! Good speed, he does not have the magneride. Wondering how much that actually impacts the launches.Difficult to say, new car, new gearbox going from Ecoboost to a GT.

As mentioned the more interesting subjects are how it really drives(not in a straight line), how does the weight feel etc... However good to know that the power is there (just hope it will be there in the euro-models as well :D).

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
That magnetic on those flyby looks bloody brilliant. I remember when I picked up my MY15 magnetic and though it was gorgeous it kind of looked a bit silly with its crazy high ride height and not very aggressive front-end due to being a export model (no vents).

That MY18 looks so much better than mine did stock, admittedly once I'd lowered my MY15, put a black pony, front splitter and LED lights my MY15 was as good looking, maybe a touch nicer, but that MY18 moving on the road looks so damn good.

Shame its not a great review though, driving an orange car, but using exterior footage from another car, seems odd, oh well.

So far all these reviews seems a bit rubbish, none of them have done performance test, none of them have truly showed us how the different magnetic ride modes work and perform.
Looks like a lot of them are just first to “market” YouTube reviews. The magazine times will come soon :amen:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just about to post that! Good speed, he does not have the magneride. Wondering how much that actually impacts the launches.Difficult to say, new car, new gearbox going from Ecoboost to a GT.

As mentioned the more interesting subjects are how it really drives(not in a straight line), how does the weight feel etc... However good to know that the power is there (just hope it will be there in the euro-models as well :D).
MY18 does not way much more.

My MY15 with lighter wheels, lighter brakes, corsa exhaust and some other minor weight reduction weighed 1710kg with 1/2 tank fuel.

That MY18 weighs in at 1748kg, unknown fuel, but the stock PP wheels are heavy, so some flowforged would bring that down too 1728kg, then lighter brakes will see you around 1720kg and an exhaust 1710kg.

So it seems the MY18 PP/Premium is around 15-25kg heavier than out going MY15 PP/Premium at most.

An MY18 PP/Premium with forged wheels, could be around same weight as outgoing model, so no great changed, something the additional power, torque and A10 will more than make up for as proven by the 117-120mph trap times they all seem to be running stock. :)

Once the tuners perfect tuning, these things should be trapping around 123mph with just a tune. :)

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Car and driver first drive

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.caranddriver.com/amp/reviews/2018-ford-mustang-first-drive-review

"Steering feel is a bit distant, but it dives for the corners with razor-sharp precision and scythes through bends with zero drama. The car was pinned to the road as if pressed into it by the great engineer in the sky, seemingly tethered around the torturously tight turns—which allowed us to pin the throttle aggressively even across pavement heaves."

"Are this year’s changes enough to let the Mustang take back the high ground from the Camaro? The Ford certainly seems to be a stronger combatant than before, but the balance of power between these two pony-car warriors is so even that until we drive them back to back on the same roads on the same day—and run them through our full testing regimen—we can’t be certain. All we know is that, however things turn out, they likely won’t stay that way for long."

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Autoblog initial test

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/13/2018-ford-mustang-first-drive-review/

"The real treat is the GT's revised six-speed manual transmission. The previous car's manual was, let's say, never quite loved by those who drove it. Ford heavily revised the MT82, and it's all good news. There's a dual-mass flywheel and twin-disc clutch, which reduces effort and allows the transmission to channel the GT's increased torque. The synchronizers from first through fourth are all upsized, which the transmission desperately needed – shifts are smoother and less balky, and effort is way down. It's not quite wrist-flick easy like a Miata, but "better than before" is a monumental understatement. Rather than the slight balkiness of the old box breaking the spell every shift, you can fully immerse yourself in the GT, focusing only on the road. Complete zen is attainable here."

"While the Camaro is a bit harder-edged dynamically, the '18 Mustang is more charismatic – just like the '15+ cars. I'd argue that the Camaro's advantages are Pyrrhic – and that it's not hard to turn to Ford Performance or aftermarket parts to remove them altogether. The Performance Package and MagneRide go a long way toward erasing the Camaro's advantages, too. And the EcoBoost is certainly more fun than the Camaro 2.0T."

"I've driven the SS 1LE recently, and it's my opinion that the GT Performance Package car with MagneRide and the howling Coyote engine is simply more engaging to use everyday, even if it might lag behind the SS 1LE using a stopwatch. As always, choose the pony car that speaks to you"

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wondering what his "sounds not very good" meant :)

Here's another review:

But I hope there will be some more intense reviews of the car soon, since the embargo drops today. Especially showing more Features in detail would be nice, like show us how navigation is displayed in the digital gauges, or how radio setup works. Or how the new steering wheels feels? We've seen enough of drive mode changing digital dashes.

Also most "reviews" are just people saying it's fast and the 10AT feels great. But I honestly I wish they would compare it more to the 15 GT or Camaro SS, especially how magnetic ride handles. Guess we will that soon, can't wait for Motor Trend and Matt getting their hands on it :cheers:
I mean the video sound was not very good :-)

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This car is amazing, purely judging from the amount of smiles, grins and laughter from behind the wheel. :D
Yes exactly, not very much informations, he was just enjoying the feeling and the engine sound compare to V8. He is talking about all the new electric vehicles and turbos etc... for only saving fuel, but nothing will match the fun that this V8 gives
Sponsored