Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I'm really liking the new Carbon Sport option 68C especially the new leather & alcantara seats !!

However, does anyone think the carbon fiber (faux or real) trim looks tacky?? Maybe I just need to see it in person.

No. It looks great.

I paid extra for carbon fiber in my bmw & am glad Ford is finally offering a Mustang with MagneRide & real carbon fiber trim. I have not seen it yet, but want to make sure it done right. (I hope this will be upscale..$$)

An American dream come true for me.

:ford:
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Anything actually confirmed by Ford though?
All of the info in the first post came from Ford Press releases and events, I believe.

We should tell the Mods to delete the other 324 pages
Pretty much every other post except for photos is speculation or regurgitation/discussion over the content in the first post, so...may as well.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Any idea on when power outputs, pricing etc will be announced for the MY18? Now production of the MY17 has ceased, and with deliveries of the new model due to start in the autumn, I'm suprised nothing has been released yet.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Any idea on when power outputs, pricing etc will be announced for the MY18? Now production of the MY17 has ceased, and with deliveries of the new model due to start in the autumn, I'm suprised nothing has been released yet.
That's what all of us are wondering!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
IMO putting any carbon fiber on the interior looks tacky. It doesn't make the interior look anymore luxurious nor does it ever really aesthetically mesh well with other colors etc.

That is probably because you a virgin and have never seen carbon fiber, or touched it...

:mullet:

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That is probably because you a virgin and have never seen carbon fiber, or touched it...

As the saying goes,you can put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig,so it is still a S550= pig.:D

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market

If it's not an actual race car or exotic supercar it just looks cheap. Carbon fiber doesn't look good on a 40k car and this isn't much different than the JDM scene.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
If it's not an actual race car or exotic supercar it just looks cheap. Carbon fiber doesn't look good on a 40k car and this isn't much different than the JDM scene.
Hey, the mustang IS a race car! :D

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
What do you want a wood grain option that will look classy!
Glossy piano black trim would look nice. A huge piece of brushed aluminum looks a bit cheap, arguably done the worst in the S197 Mustangs. I'm at least glad Ford ditched chrome interior bits for satin in the 2018 model.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
No. It looks great.

I paid extra for carbon fiber in my bmw & am glad Ford is finally offering a Mustang with MagneRide & real carbon fiber trim. I have not seen it yet, but want to make sure it done right. (I hope this will be upscale..$$)

An American dream come true for me.

:ford:
Thanks !! I'm just wanting to know what most people feel about this type of trim on an American Muscle car....just making sure its done right and doesn't look cheap, tacky or ricey !!

I'm so excited to order my 2018 very soon !!!

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Glossy piano black trim would look nice. A huge piece of brushed aluminum looks a bit cheap, arguably done the worst in the S197 Mustangs. I'm at least glad Ford ditched chrome interior bits for satin in the 2018 model.
I agree the satin trim looks much more modern and sharper. I've seen many posts on here with the owners of 15-17's wishing they had that brushed aluminum trim rather than the bright chrome interior trim and bezels.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
There is nothing wrong with carbon fiber in a mustang/muscle car. Imho carbon fiber is very sleek and clean looking. Easy to wipe down and keep clean. It does bring a modern look if you don't like that maybe the engine turned look will suit you better!

jimmbbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT Sterling Gray
CF makes sense and is a boon when weight/strength is an issue, but IMO it's a fad like vinyl tops in the '60s and '70s that will play out with the next "bright and shiny" goodie from the Marketing Dept...
Sponsored