Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Geez, I've only been a member here for 3 days, and I'm already tired of all the ADM posts interrupting other threads. So, as my first official act, I'm going to suggest that anyone who wants to comment on ADM do it here.

As for me, I've locked up one of the dealer's 2 allotted GT350s at MSRP - with no ADM or out-of-the-ordinary fees. The deposit is paid, I have it in writing and I'm happy. The dealer is happy, too, because this is the 6th Ford I've purchased from him - and he knows I'll be out there at cruise nights, car shows and possibly track events telling everyone about the car and the great deal I got. And then those folks will go to the dealer and buy an Explorer, Fusion or something else.

Putting this deal together took one short phone call and maybe 5 minutes in the salesperson's office. I've never paid ADM, and I never will.
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Hah, you should've been here 6-8 months ago, even before on the le's. It was 1000x's worse.

Fwiw, I am also long time customer at my dealership and didn't pay adm on my le. They'd called and offered it to me when they got their allotment number and let me choose the color and trans.

Having a good relationship with them and then seeing horror stories is nice. I realize not everyone has the same ability or opportunity.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
SVTFreak;574164 Having a good relationship with them and then seeing horror stories is nice. I realize not everyone has the same ability or opportunity.[/QUOTE said:
Bingo!!! SVTFreak nailed it!

ADM or no ADM in the GT350 world depends a great deal upon WHERE you live, the dealers you have ready access to, and your prior relationship (sales) with that dealer.

Sure OP--you've bought 6 prior cars and built up a relationship and thus a MSRP deal (if you call early enough before the allocations have been taken) can maybe be worked out in a single 5 min phone call. NOW lets see you pull that 5 min phone deal out here in California in say the San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles Basin... Not gonna happen.

In my region of California one dealer dominates the market--they will get 60-70% of the GT350 allocation in the area....they are also notorious for their pricing of rare/limited models (very rich family owns the chain and they have NO financial need to sell; want a new 2000 Cobra R (1 of 300) they still have theirs-you pay their price or no sale, period)....and they have NO former buyer loyality in their blood. Other local dealers will get 1...and it is gold to them.

Yeah I love the NO ADM comments...but before you brag away on how great you and your negotiating skills are you had better fully understand the circumstances of "your" deal and although you believe the world revolves around you-it doesn't --as many others are not in the same boat.

For me-never paid over MSRP...from a 99 Limited Edition GT through Mach 1s, Bullitts, Boss 302 and a 50th LE. Had the same "dealer relationship" as the OP but I understood the concept that not everyone is in the same boat and didn't use it as a tool to showboat how great I am in holding the line at MSRP.

Now for my 16/17 GT350...I'm screwed. The dealership...owner had "enough", he and the wife turned 70 and both wanted to travel aka go to Europe for 6 weeks and not worry about the latest crisis on the lot or in the service bays...so the dealership was sold. New owner-pure corporate mentality. Dealer ordering their GT350 and seeing what the market will or won't do....and this is the model that many dealerships are following.

OP- how about developing some real bragging rights to shut me up. Cancel your deal and totally walk away. Get your deposit back (if one was paid) and start the process all over again--only contacting dealerships you have NO relationship with. Lets see you pull off that deal in just one 5 min phone call. Now that deal will get you respect in the no ADM world.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I understand your frustration. It is going to be tough for many to fight against the ADM monster.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Bingo!!! SVTFreak nailed it!

ADM or no ADM in the GT350 world depends a great deal upon WHERE you live, the dealers you have ready access to, and your prior relationship (sales) with that dealer.

Sure OP--you've bought 6 prior cars and built up a relationship and thus a MSRP deal (if you call early enough before the allocations have been taken) can maybe be worked out in a single 5 min phone call. NOW lets see you pull that 5 min phone deal out here in California in say the San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles Basin... Not gonna happen.

In my region of California one dealer dominates the market--they will get 60-70% of the GT350 allocation in the area....they are also notorious for their pricing of rare/limited models (very rich family owns the chain and they have NO financial need to sell; want a new 2000 Cobra R (1 of 300) they still have theirs-you pay their price or no sale, period)....and they have NO former buyer loyality in their blood. Other local dealers will get 1...and it is gold to them.

Yeah I love the NO ADM comments...but before you brag away on how great you and your negotiating skills are you had better fully understand the circumstances of "your" deal and although you believe the world revolves around you-it doesn't --as many others are not in the same boat.

For me-never paid over MSRP...from a 99 Limited Edition GT through Mach 1s, Bullitts, Boss 302 and a 50th LE. Had the same "dealer relationship" as the OP but I understood the concept that not everyone is in the same boat and didn't use it as a tool to showboat how great I am in holding the line at MSRP.

Now for my 16/17 GT350...I'm screwed. The dealership...owner had "enough", he and the wife turned 70 and both wanted to travel aka go to Europe for 6 weeks and not worry about the latest crisis on the lot or in the service bays...so the dealership was sold. New owner-pure corporate mentality. Dealer ordering their GT350 and seeing what the market will or won't do....and this is the model that many dealerships are following.

OP- how about developing some real bragging rights to shut me up. Cancel your deal and totally walk away. Get your deposit back (if one was paid) and start the process all over again--only contacting dealerships you have NO relationship with. Lets see you pull off that deal in just one 5 min phone call. Now that deal will get you respect in the no ADM world.
:doh::doh::doh::doh:....Can't believe some of the crap I read.

Why not go out of state and buy your car? I live in the Atlanta market and dealers didn't want to negotiate on my '15GT PP that I ordered the day the order banks opened on 5/20/14. My deal was confirmed in writing by March 2014. I was 4th in line when the order banks opened.

What did I do? I got in touch with a dealer that posted here on the forums from PA and got my deal at x-plan pricing. Bought a one way ticket up there and drove the 970 miles back home over 2 days. Problem solved.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Wow! I knew this thread would stir things up, but I never thought anyone would peg the Bitterness Meter in only the third post here. :clap2:

Like everyone else around here, just reporting what's going on in my marketplace. Sorry it offends you. :crazy:

There's a great idea - give up years of relationship-building. (I've gone out of state plenty of times to buy a car.) While you're at it, you may as well blame me for the fact you live on the Left Coast. :headbonk:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. Bitter much?

No one said you 1) have to live in a market like that and 2) have to buy in that market. I actually know of an le that was sold locally to an out of state buyer for msrp. And during the time that they where selling for 10k over.

Stop bitching and go find them.

Plus, the gt350 won't be limited. Just wait and you'll be tripping over them in dealerships and used car lots. They won't be limited like the le.

As much as people don't want to hear this, it's a free market system. They are just as free to charge adm as you are to walk away from it.

As far as your comment about walk away? I did NOT spend the last 20 years buying from one dealership and 2 salesmen, sometimes not the absolute best deal around, to walk away from a limited for msrp. I spent time to develop that relationship and ability. So guess what, mr bitter, I'm not and won't walk away. I can get an le or gt350 or gt500 replacement when they come out for a 5 minute phone call (literally not even that long on my le) and you won't. I've dedicated my dollars for that ability. If you haven't, not my fault. Put in some footwork and don't stop at the first blue oval sign you see, and then RETURN and you would be surprised. But it won't happen between now and launch.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Argue all everyone wants. It's a free market. They are free to charge it and you're free to walk away. That's just how it works. How would you feel if they talked about you like you do them when you didn't wanna pay even msrp on anything else on the lot? Yep, that's what I thought.

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Agreed with the thoughts on dealers on the west coast. I'm in the San Diego area and I contacted every Ford dealer in San Diego and Imperial Counties and none would sell at MSRP and most ADM's were $10K to $30K or more. In SoCal, one dealership gets the highest allocation of Shelby's and Mustangs - Galpin Ford in Van Nuys. And those guys are not selling at MSRP either. Who knows maybe I'll go to Las Vegas or Phoenix, but not sure how I register in CA without CA emissions being on the car. :(

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed with the thoughts on dealers on the west coast. I'm in the San Diego area and I contacted every Ford dealer in San Diego and Imperial Counties and none would sell at MSRP and most ADM's were $10K to $30K or more. In SoCal, one dealership gets the highest allocation of Shelby's and Mustangs - Galpin Ford in Van Nuys. And those guys are not selling at MSRP either. Who knows maybe I'll go to Las Vegas or Phoenix, but not sure how I register in CA without CA emissions being on the car. :(

Order it from wherever with Ca emissions.

Sponsored

radioactive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
previous 67 GTA fastback, 67 vert, 07 GT
To Spa2k, I just wanted to say thanks for the wisdom and insight to create this thread. I'm sure all the other threads will be greatful. ha ha
Oh, and welcome.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
It will take leg work and getting on the phone PERIOD, know one is going to call you and offer a GT350 at MSRP, you have to hunt/work for it. I literally called over 40-50 dealers in TX and OKLA, before I found a dealer that would put the deal in writing. All the other dealers said "Were going to wait and see what the market is before we set a price" nice what of saying if the market is HOT your screwed. But you know what you may fined one like I did by calling, and or Like others that built a relationship over time. Do not give up !

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
You can skip Vegas if you're looking for MSRP.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
It sounds like California dealerships suck! I hop Galpin Ford is shown in the new San Andreas movie faling into a sink hole from the earth quake depicted in the movie!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will take leg work and getting on the phone PERIOD, know one is going to call you and offer a GT350 at MSRP, you have to hunt/work for it. I literally called over 40-50 dealers in TX and OKLA, before I found a dealer that would put the deal in writing. All the other dealers said "Were going to wait and see what the market is before we set a price" nice what of saying if the market is HOT your screwed. But you know what you may fined one like I did by calling, and or Like others that built a relationship over time. Do not give up !

Actually, that's not true. I got a phone call offering me my le at msrp on April 21st last year (I had already talked to them about a yellow 401a). I since have gotten a call offering me a gt350 at msrp, which I turned down (not what I want in a car although I'll pee myself a little every time I see one). I was offered a 13 gt500 at msrp when they debuted (another phone call made to me).

But, like I said, I am a very well known customer. I went creeping their sister dealership to peep a yellow vert and one of the salesman saw me there (he was picking up another car to transfer). His comment wasn't "oh shopping around huh" it was "so when you want me to get this one transferred for ya". They have no doubt where I'll go buy my next car. And as long as they treat me right, I'll go without even shopping around. I know what they'll charge me versus x plan (x or better, I work for a ford supplier) and they know not to even bother with the add on stuff. They know I'll finance with them (that's money in their pocket also) as long as the rate is reasonable (always excellent actually, better than my credit union).

Like I've said, being a very good customer has its rewards. I may take them up on the gt500 replacement when the time comes lol
Sponsored