Sponsored

Bossing's GT350 journey....

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Congrats and awesome thread!

Curious if there is anything on the '15MY cars to distinguish them at all from the '16 cars? Did it come with any special documentation?
Sponsored

jbyrd850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
focus
How ironic! After I posted earlier I was pondering which car I'd choose... a C7 Z51 Stingray or the GT350 Track (or R if attainable). I had a 2014 Z51 at first {pic below as proof ;)} and that's a well handling & balanced car.

The Stingray's LT1 also has plenty of torque but it does lose some of its top end when compared to the GT350 which feels like endless rpm's. The C7's tech features trump the GT350 easily... but the GT350 trump's the Stingray due to the rawness, the bad to the bone character, and presently it surely has a better X or wow factor than the Vette. That translates to very fun to own, not just to drive! As far as exhaust sound stock vs. stock (even with NPP on the C7), the GT350 hands down sounds WAY WAYYY better. From idle to WOT, the GT350 should win a Grammy every year! If that can't get you excited I don't what will! Well maybe the bunny ranch? But this is the wrong forum for that. :D

They're both fun honestly, the cars that is... the C7 is a true sports car while the GT350 feels like the sportiest pony/muscle car that can embarrass many sports cars out there. I think the GT350 Track and for sure the R can spank the Z51 on many road courses across our nation. Maybe not by many seconds per se but I think it will surprise many. Kinda like how the Z/28 can lap the Stingray on many tracks as well. So spirited driving, pick your poison... IF I had to pick just one right now, knowing well how both cars feel like to drive on the public road and on the private track... hmm. Tough choice at first but my gut and driver instinct will go to the GT350 Track or Tech (because Mag Ride) and because it's more badass too! :thumbsup:

Good luck! If you were near me, I'd show and take you for a spin in both cars... :cheers:

My previous Z51 below.... and put it this way, you can easily get rid of the new Shelby and not lose value if any than with the C7 which are seen almost everywhere nowadays but I do understand that the Stingray is easier to get a nice discount on if you go that route.

Thanks for the reply, thats awesome you had a z51 too and Im in jupiter actually. I definitely agree the gt350 sounds better than npp vette. The voodoo is superior to the lt hands down in my book. From looking online and reading here it seems like you almost cant avoid adm much less get a deal like you can on a vette.

Im only 27 so the $$ is important, a deal on a gt350 wouldve really helped. I love the interior of the vette and even though the gt350 looks mean as hell I slightly prefer the more exotic type look that the vette has.

Cant go wrong either way I dont think, and I wouldve/would get avalanche grey/black stripes on the gt350 :headbang:

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Thanks jbyrd. Hard to sleep long... keep thinking about this car! I haven't been this excited since the summer-fall of 2013 when I was anticipating and waiting for my C7. But now this excitement for the GT350 is a level higher to me because all I can think of is the need to drive it! Meaning... thinking about entry & exit ramps... winding roads and the curves & bends... hearing that sweet sounding exhaust at any rpm! That's why I stated "driver's car". Pure bliss once you get to feel and hear her on the open road. When I had my first C7 the constant feeling was staring and admiring her sitting still in the garage, while now with the GT350 the feeling is the want to drive her nonstop while listening to her FPC sing & roar melodious mechanical notes at any speed. When my buddy in Philly cruised around with me the other day, he was simply in awe in regards to this car. He wants one now too! See what you did there, Ford Performance?! :D

I also forgot to mention one significant favorite and difference for me... those wonderful Recaros! I know some folks will opt for the Tech pack but keep in mind I often visit the track hence Recaros are a must have to me. My gripe about the C7 is that the GT's seat bottom lacks robust bolstering at the thigh to knee portion. When I take high-G right hand turns on the track in the Z, I usually slap my left knee on the door panel due to the lack of lateral bolstering. Even in the C7's Competition sport seats it's the similar outcome since all C7 seats share the same seat bottom design and shape. Don't get me wrong they're still good seats but they do need to be improved at that portion IMO... it's like almost there, not fully ready just yet... one key ingredient missing. Moderate bolstering, not aggressive enough to me. :tsk:

In the GT350 however, it's all business. Glove like... a perfect Wilson or the best Rawlimgs ever. No pretentiousness. Hell's kitchen... prepared just right. Ready to rumble. Excellent bolsters. Those Recaros hold me quite well laterally. No complaints from torso to patella. I love the bolstering down low. For a street car that will see the track, the seats are about near perfect as can be IMO. I think the only other sports seats I like more is the Lightweight Buckets offered by Porsche on their GT versions... yup those seats to me are God's thrones to track rats. Those are a must have for my (fingers-crossed) forthcoming GT4. The GT350's are right there though, pretty darn close. Comfy and secure from top to bottom. I think it will be great for the road & track enthusiast. Therefore, the GT350's Recaros are a fine alternative. Like a fine timepiece, not just a watch. So as long as your BMI is in the normal range, you can't really go awfully wrong in opting for the GT350 Recaro seats. :thumbsup:

Congrats and awesome thread!

Curious if there is anything on the '15MY cars to distinguish them at all from the '16 cars? Did it come with any special documentation?
Thanks! So far nothing I can immediately or instantly distinguish... at the Track Tour in Sebring I recall Jim Owens saying to search so once I receive mine again down here then I'll dig around more. I was hoping the dash plaque differed but all it has is "F" for the chassis to represent MY2015 instead of "G" for the 16's.

So for those that presently have their 2015's did you guys see anything peculiar?

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Great thread? Thanks Bossing. Hope they gave you a poster too.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Overall so far under 200 miles of highway & city driving... a solid grade A.

Power: Contrary to those who are bench racing and prophesizing that this does not have enough low end or torque below 3K rpm for daily driving... boy are they wrong. Even at low rpm's or lower speeds, you can easily get yourself in trouble by suddenly loosing the rear/tail. I felt it happen to me a few times on tight fast turn-ins and I was less than half full throttle. It certainly has ample torque from 1k to 3k to move out & about with ease and swiftness. And once you hit the mid-3k rpm and above... wow, it's like warp speed magnified. Seriously... for a naturally aspirated high-revving powerplant it gets moving fast in a blink of an eye jiffy. It definitely feels quicker & faster than my Boss 302. And you will definitely hear & feel the NVH of that high revving FPC. It's scary at first since I'm not used to it.... the Voodoo buzzing and screaming but as the Ford Performance engineers say, don't lift and don't shift! Plus the sound... that effin amazing exhaust sound. Pure ecstasy! Don't even dare turn that stereo system on! :headbang:
That's really good to hear! What kind of ambient temperatures were you driving around in?

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Bossing what a great read. Now I want my car even more. You just made the wait near impossible. The one good thing is that she is built ...just waiting on shipping.
Thanks again for all the comparisons with the C7. Nice to know it feels a lot stronger then the Boss. I won't miss the boss after the 350 gets here.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I remember the roads in Florida, I only wish they were half that good here.
How was oil temp?, Did you use 6th gear much?
What gear/ RPM did you find best for cruising in ?

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Great posts, Bossing, and great comparos! Thanks!!!
You're going to enjoy the R! Wish I was able to secure w/o a stupid high adm. :cheers:
Great thread? Thanks Bossing. Hope they gave you a poster too.
Yup.... 3! :D
That's really good to hear! What kind of ambient temperatures were you driving around in?
It ranged from 49-56 outside so it was cool air for the Voodoo to inhale. And I didn't even pay attention to the Oil temps but I wan't worried.... was too occupied mesmerized by the anazing exhaust sounds. :thumbsup:
Bossing what a great read. Now I want my car even more. You just made the wait near impossible. The one good thing is that she is built ...just waiting on shipping.
Thanks again for all the comparisons with the C7. Nice to know it feels a lot stronger then the Boss. I won't miss the boss after the 350 gets here.
I also miss my Boss 302 but that mostly went away as soon as I took delivery of this new GT350. The wait sucks especially with us whose 15s were built but not released for nearly 90 days... but it will be worth it!
I remember the roads in Florida, I only wish they were half that good here. How was oil temp?, Did you use 6th gear much?
What gear/ RPM did you find best for cruising in ?
Oil temps were fine. Even under moderate rpms at 4k and higher for a sustained time I doubt it passed or even reached anywhere near 250... then again the ambient temps outside were low. I recall glancing at the Oil temp center gauge and it was not an issue at all even during spirited driving. Yet I'll really see how robust the cooling is down here in got & humid south FL... especially once I hit the tracks.

Good question on 6th gear... frankly I did not like it. Even when I cruised between 70-80mph, I purposely stayed in 5th. Going into 6th I didn't like the sounds plus it was lumbering at a measly 1500rpm. I don't think I'd be in 6th gear much on the highways unless I have cruise control set at 85mph or higher.

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
You have an awesome stable man and the AG/black stripes color combo I would go with. Thanks for the videos. Planning on taking it to the track soon? I'm in for those vids.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
You have an awesome stable man and the AG/black stripes color combo I would go with. Thanks for the videos. Planning on taking it to the track soon? I'm in for those vids.
Thanks. Blessed and humbled to have these real life Hot Wheels so to speak... :thumbsup:

In person AG looks great! When I was in Philly I even visited a friend who works at a Chevy dealer and when he saw my GT350 and heard it, boy did he fall in love with it in a heartbeat. Ford Performance's version of proselytism at work here. :D

Not taking to the track just yet... still have to break her in and I want to get the front nose Xpel'd. Plus I want a separate wheel/tire set too and track alignment specs done. Changing to racing brake fluid I typically do myself anyway... although I wonder if the stock brake fluid is already high temp specs?

When she arrives hopefully by tomorrow here in south FL, I'll get to take some more vids while cruising. And I still have to install the front splitter. Btw this Sunday I'll bring her to Homestead Speedway since I am displaying it as part of the 2015 Ford Ecoboost 400's Fords-only car show display right outside Turn 2. Edsel Ford, Jack Roush, Roger Penske and Richard Petty will be present as celebrity hosts. The NASCAR race is sold out but the car show and all the festivities on the adjacent grounds is open to the public.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Edsel Ford was the man who got Mr Shelby back in the Ford camp. You have a great group of people @ that show. Wasn't Edsel in the stands watching Ford win the Le Mans when he was a young kid ? Shake his hand and give him a big thank you from us Shelby fans.

DWC_SmOziLLa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '05 Audi A4 3.0 V6 Quattro UltraSport 6 Spd.
Thanks Bossing!

It's about time that someone made a thread like this. Many people are taking delivery of there GT350 and all we are seeing is a random cell phone pic with limited driving impressions.

Congrats!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Bossing,
My understanding is that the stock braking system is track capable. I guess if you don't trust it, change the fluid, but the FP engineer I talked to said you can run extended track sessions on stock everything. There's much better brake cooling and designed-in heat dissipation on this car than most performance cars out there.

I sure don't like getting my hands into brake fluid if I can help it.

M5944

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base Race Red no Stripes
Congrats bossing! Not that this is a very important question but I was just wondering what kind of mpg's you were getting. Great thread
Sponsored