Sponsored

ARH H-pipe Catback

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I finally pulled the trigger earlier today and paid a visit to ARH headquarters out on Long Island. Left work early in order to have their new H-pipe catback installed. Needless to say I'm very, very pleased with the results. The best way to describe the system is that its loud upon start-up, deep and subdued at idle, and very, very aggressive under load. Zero rasp, and the tips look great as well.

Huge shout out to Steve, Nick, and the rest of the guys at ARH for taking care of me. Great product and fantastic customer service. I tried taking a bunch of clips earlier tonight with my iphone once I was back home, but for the life of me I couldn't get one without a ton of background noise and interference from the wind. I don't think videos will truly capture how aggressive it sounds in person, but for now i've included a short clip below that Steve was nice enough to take of me on the highway. I'm going to try recording a few more vids this weekend (assuming the weather holds up) with my camera.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]T4l40KKcSRU[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
Hard to tell but so far so good. Can't wait to hear more

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
So long as we don't get a foot of snow by tomorrow, I should be able to get more clips tomorrow night. I'm stuck in a work related conference during the day. But as a point of reference, I'd say it sounds slightly louder and less muffled than SW's H-pipe at the higher RPMs (based on the vids online). My girl literally jumped back 3 feet when I revv'ed up to 4k RPM.

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
sounds interesting. .let hope we don't get hit to hard. Really looking forward to hearing some revs / drive bys. I really wanted an x pipe and since this is an h it's got to sound Really good For me to get excited.

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
The only clip I took tonight that's worth listening to. Moderate acceleration/take off:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]eMTsv9KdfiM[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
more! this is sounding pretty damn good. do you have any normal start-up/rev videos?

Tomorrow and/or Sunday, I promise. I have clips but they all sound like ass. I gotta use something with a better mic than my iPhone.

Sponsored

2c5s

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
Any drone at all with the A6?

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
now a contender vs sw.
I was previously considering the SW H-pipe, Roush AB + Lethal's H-pipe, Magnaflow's Comp catback, and prior to their price increase MRT. I'm very, very happy with my choice so far.

If I hadn't gone with SW I would have gotten this. Honestly though, SW sounds so damn good it'd be hard to get me to swap even if I was given a system for free.
I think it's fairly similar to SW, just based off of the clips I've heard. ARH is perhaps a little louder at higher RPMs, but it's hard to say without hearing SW in person. I'm sure I would have been happy with the sound of SW's H-pipe had I gone that route, but as far as i'm concerned they did Tom a little dirty with regards to his situation. I'm really, really big on customer service and support, so that entire situation left a bad taste in my mouth. Beef stepped forward the way SW should have, IMHO. But that's just me. I still think your car sounds mean:headbang: Their customer service, or lack thereof, doesn't change that.

their website is terrible. did they tell you when these would be on sale?
It didn't come up. I would guess fairly soon, but I'll let Steve address that. I'm sure he'll see this thread.

Any drone at all with the A6?
To be honest I don't know. Based on my understanding of drone, the ARH doesn't have it yet my stock system did. Is the ARH loud in the cabin on the highway under load? Yes. Does the volume level change around 2k RPM? Yes. But does it "resonate" or vibrate or hum? IMO No. The stock system on both of my Stangs (but especially the '15) did all of that between 1800-2000 RPM. So perhaps I don't know what drone really sounds like. But I do know the exhaust isn't loud in the cabin when cruising, whether around the city or on the highway. But when you get on it, you hear it. I'll try recording clips inside the car as well, hopefully they turn out to be useful.

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thanks for posting this farmundeh! I had no idea ARH was considering a catback. I am a little worried about the possibility of drone though. Hopefully Steve can get on here and help answer some questions.

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Thanks for posting this farmundeh! I had no idea ARH was considering a catback. I am a little worried about the possibility of drone though. Hopefully Steve can get on here and help answer some questions.
Neither did I until they posted a short clip in another thread. Caught my attention immediately as I wanted a deeper sounding H-pipe system, so I hit them up since they're local for me.
Sponsored