F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-2300-Y

Was this ever discussed? I couldn't find a thread.

I've got a base GT and I'm planning on a high performance upgrade for track duty. Would the caliper "adapters" become a weak link under stress? Going with a front+rear Brembo GT(R) setup would cost about twice as much.
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
FTB has the kit for $1000 less and it is ready now. I'm curious what the difference is that raised Ford's cost so high. Also wondering if any of the Ford dealerships on the forum will help make this kit cheaper.

OP
OP
F0J

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I hate to bump the thread but I'm surprised no one else is interested in this.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Brembo brakes are fine, especially with track pads, and require no brake system modifications to install. Very, very few people on this forum NEED anything better.

OP
OP
F0J

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Brembo brakes are fine, especially with track pads, and require no brake system modifications to install. Very, very few people on this forum NEED anything better.
No doubt they exist for someone, I'm trying to figure out if that's me.

I've never heard of the GT350 guys complaining. My guess is that we'll see this design on the 2018s.

I'd consider getting these rears + something else for the fronts (like many have said, the PP calipers + better rotor is a good solution).

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
PP brakes are plenty of brakes for all but serious race cars IMO. There are great pad options (G-lok) and good full floating 2pc rotors available.

Given those options, I don't see any reason to upgrade other than looks for 99% of people.

Also note that front pad swaps are easier on the GTPP brakes, no need to remove the caliper.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Except there are those of us with automatics that didn't have the PP option installed. At that point, you may need new wheels and invest in a brake package at that point, having options is good.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Was researching brake kits and stumbled across this kit, but I can't find anything useful about caliper clearance. I talked to a ford performance support and he said it indeed won't clear any of the OE wheels, including the ones comes with PP.

Also, is anyone aware of the actual brembo part number of the calipers? Looks to me they're just normal Brembo GT, and if that's the case it would make this kit a extremely good buy (Bremo GT is listed for around $4.6k for the front, and $3.8k for the rear http://www.racetechnologies.com/products/brakekits/2018/ford/mustang-gt?vehicle=10992).

There's also another thread (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84601) where [MENTION=13927]Performance nut[/MENTION] said FTB test fitted these and only the front needs extra space, has anyone confrimed since? Btw, I'm not sure what FTB stands for so if anyone can shine some light that would be helpful as well. Thanks!

P.S. if these are really just Brembo GT brakes I might be able to use the templated mentioned in this article to see if it will fit my wheels https://blog.racetechnologies.com/2015/07/31/how-to-measure-your-wheel-for-proper-brake-clearance/.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just get some Wilwoods if you're going to fool around with replacing entire brake parts at the wheels. Basically same price and lighter.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just get some Wilwoods if you're going to fool around with replacing entire brake parts at the wheels. Basically same price and lighter.
I heard that the willwood brakes needs extra modification to the parking brake, so I'll try not to get them if possible.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, if it comes with all the things in the kit it'll be much better, I thought I'll have to figure something out myself based on some forum comments. And btw will the stock GT PP wheels clear the calipers or do I need some new wheels too, if so what is the suggested offset? Thanks!
Sponsored