Sponsored

GT PP Brembo Brakes on V6

MoralesPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Guard
Hello guys!

I wanted to know if the GT PP Brembos front rotors and calipers are a direct bolt on for our V6? I already changed the wheels for some 20's so regarding spacing there should be no problem.

Thanks!
Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Yes they are a direct bolt if you get the brake lines as well however IMO they are overkill unless you track. The regular GT brakes (non-Brembo) work great and are a fraction of the cost of the Brembo setup. Shelby America has takeoffs of both on eBay and the Brembos typically go for ~$700 vs ~$200 for the non-Brembos.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they are a direct bolt if you get the brake lines as well however IMO they are overkill unless you track. The regular GT brakes (non-Brembo) work great and are a fraction of the cost of the Brembo setup. Shelby America has takeoffs of both on eBay and the Brembos typically go for ~$700 vs ~$200 for the non-Brembos.
Agreed and honestly since the V6 is 200 lbs lighter, the base GT 4 pistons are plenty, even for track use. A better pad would be needed for that.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
They are direct bolt on. I have a set myself. if you go Brembo, go for ceramic pads, OEM pads are squeaky as hell.

DaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought it made sense to keep a similar topic in the same thread.

I have a 2015 V6 base but I do have the 20” foundry wheels. I found a great deal on the 6 pot Brembos. Other than 15” rotors, pads and lines, is anything else needed? Not sure if things like dust covers, banjo bolts, master cylinder,etc. need to be converted as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored