Sponsored

58+% Power gain on just 8psi of ProCharger Supercharger Boost....

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I still love the ProCharger, in fact I've recommended it to many of my friends. No issues with the Procharger hardware what so ever.
I would still make the same choice in my situation where I already owned the 3.7 and got a discounted ProCharger installed by the factory. Full price plus install is a much tougher sell.
Before the ProCharger I could easily get over 30 MPG on the highway and now I get 28 MPG so the MPG did go down some. In the city, where I drive it most I get about 18 MPG, so I get pretty much right on what the EPA has for 3.7 and still better than the 5.0.
I am still on the stock tune from Procharger. They changed from Diablosport to SCT tuners after they installed mine and they sent the new tuner for free with a new stock tune and it runs great.
Unfortunately they do not turn off the speed limiter or allow the user to turn it off as they said they could not test that. I can hit the speed limiter halfway down the front straight at Texas World Speedway so it I've considered a retune just to change that. If I did a retune I would also probably have the redline raised to 7200 RPM and have the idle raised to 800 RPM.
I have the RAM flywheel and HDX clutch and I don't think they are the best way to go in this application. I will consider a dual disc next go around.
Sponsored

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
I've been considering the ProCharger for awhile now, but just recently test drove a couple S550 GT's and now I'm at a bit of a crossroads- trade in for a GT or stick with the V6 and supercharge it. I've done enough non-performance upgrades to mine that I really like and don't want to lose but I feel like I am lacking in power after driving those beasts. Plus, there's no love from dealers on used V6's, regardless of mileage/condition. Hoping to get some updated feedback from the guys that have ProCharged to help with my decision.

Are you still happy with the ProCharger, and do you have any issues with it?

If you had the chance to do it again, would you do the same thing or consider a GT?

What kind of gas mileage are you getting under normal driving conditions?

Are you using the stock tune from ProCharger?

Is it possible to bump up the speed limiter with the ProCharger tune?

MT guys, what clutch/flywheel are you going with and are you happy with them?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I'm specifically interested in the HO system. No plans on modifying anything other than exhaust (already have the takeoff GT stock exhaust) and a drop-in K&N filter.
Hasnt been long for me, but I am very happy. No issues so far.
I just bought my first house and needed a car so I didn't have gt $ in early 2015 when the base gt was 10k more. So if I did it again, that wouldnt change. V6 + great first house + mod money or gt + so-so house + broke af and in debt.
Gas mileage is great honestly for the power level.
Never used the stock tune.
A tune can change the speed limiter, but not the procharger tune.
Had to ditch Ram stage 2 because it was defective. Now have Mcleod RST twin disc and lightened steel flywheel for the GT. Couldn't be happier, it's one of the best for a reason.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be looking at something like this in 3 or 4 years time once my warranty has run its course, when you guys say you got it for a deal, what kind of price are you talking and how'd you manage the deal?

$5500-6k plus labor to install (unless it is a super easy bolt on) might make more sense at that point to just upgrade the car (remember, this is 4 years from now).

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'll be looking at something like this in 3 or 4 years time once my warranty has run its course, when you guys say you got it for a deal, what kind of price are you talking and how'd you manage the deal?

$5500-6k plus labor to install (unless it is a super easy bolt on) might make more sense at that point to just upgrade the car (remember, this is 4 years from now).
Its not super easy but you can do it in about 8-10 hours in your garage if you're mechanically inclined.

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Is this kit CARB exempt?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
one of these days, when I have a extra 6k laying around :(

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
[MENTION=15036]DR_[/MENTION] or anyone who tracks their car can answer.

Did you guys have to install additional cooling when running on track? I imagine after a few laps temps would be high. I read on older models you had to install additional cooling to compensate for the heat generated by the prochager.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Oil gets real hot in just a few laps. Coolant temps don't look bad but that might be next weakest link after installing oil cooler. I have a 25 row Mocal oil cooler that I will install hopefully soon.

Sponsored

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
Do we have your attention now? :)

If anyone has any questions, or wants to get in touch with a dealer.
Please do not hesitate to drop and email to [email protected]

Thats correct, even with the low boost and very safe tuning, HUGE power gains are coming from this new ProCharger 3.7L V6 system for the 2015 Ti-VCT cars! The latest automatic BETA test car that we had in here, just spun the rollers on our "heartbreaker" dyno to the tune of just shy of 400rwhp. On LOW boost, and 91 octane pump gas. (Sticks over 400rwhp, on 8psi)

This intercooler system carried over from the 2015 GT's is really working well with the 3.7L motor, and producing some killer power numbers, at VERY low boost levels.

As many of you have read before, we took a clean sheet approach to this new 2015 platform, and created not only the most powerful supercharger system out there, but also as easy to install as the previous 2011-14 system. That is correct, as always, no cutting/drilling/bending/tweaking/prying/whatever is needed to install this all-new ProCharger 3.7L supercharger system! This system comes boxed up 100% ready to bolt-on and go! (Even down to the engine ECU programing)

procharger_v6_37_mustang_supercharger_system_engine_bay_center.jpg

Since we do know there will be those that push the boost levels on these 3.7L's way up with the use of race fuel or E85, the 1,200 HP intercooler option is calling your name. So for those of you ordering tuner kits at elevated boost levels, we have the plug and play intercooler solution ready for you out of the gate. Both the standard intercooler and the 1,200 HP units feature the highest quality American crafted intercooler cores, and lightweight sheet metal end tanks. Charge cooling is kept at an absolute maximum, while keeping flow levels high, and weight down.

procharger_v6_37_mustang_supercharger_system_intercooler.jpg

A robust dedicated belt drive system ensures not only a rock solid/dependable supercharger drive performance. But is also music to the ears for the customers wanting to push the limits of these V6 engines with F-series head units.

procharger_v6_37_mustang_supercharger_system_bracket.jpg

PROCHARGER HO SYSTEMS

The HO Intercooled system for 3.7L Ti-VCT Mustangs utilize the patented, proven and self-contained P-1SC-1 ProCharger, OEM-quality CNC billet aluminum mounting brackets, six larger high volume fuel injectors, tuning and all necessary supercharger and intercooler tubes for installation with no major modifications to your car or engine. These systems are designed to work with stock cars, or ones with cat back exhaust systems. For cars with headers, or other modifications our tuner kits are available.

PROCHARGER 3.7L V6 TUNER KITS

In addition to complete systems, ProCharger offers Intercooled Tuner Kits for the 3.7L V6 Mustangs: With reliability, quality and power far superior to other forced-air induction systems, a ProCharger Tuner Kit is an excellent way to add even more power to modified and custom tuned 3.7 V6 Mustangs. Tuner kits require additional components (fuel system upgrade) and custom tuning by a qualified dealer.

procharger_v6_37_mustang_supercharger_system_engine_bay.jpg

ProCharger 3.7L V6 Choices & Upgrades

Polished / Black or Satin Supercharger finish
Polished / Black or Satin Bracket finish
Helical Gear set for Noise Reduction (P-1SC-1 & D-1SC only)
D-1SC up to F-1C head units avilable
Standard or 1,200HP Air to Air Intercooler

procharger_v6_37_mustang_supercharger_system_nose_close.jpg

I noticed that you raised the price on this kit $500.00...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White 3.7
Any chance they will ever offer us the P1X or D1x head unit instead of the P1SC?

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Any chance they will ever offer us the P1X or D1x head unit instead of the P1SC?
They are I talked to them 2 weeks ago if I upgrade it will be later in the year but to a d1x not a huge difference to upgrade to the p1x for me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White 3.7
They are I talked to them 2 weeks ago if I upgrade it will be later in the year but to a d1x not a huge difference to upgrade to the p1x for me.
Did they give any idea on when it would be ready? I'm really considering trading up to a 2018 GT because I like the refresh so much but the thought has crossed my mind of just going with a procharger instead, but only if they sold the new head units. P1SC doesn't make quite enough HP to seem worth it at this point.
Sponsored