Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Tight Lines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I've become more interested in their Roush performance packs to slap on a supercharger stock to a 2018 come later next year. If the 2017s are making 670. I'd bet the 2018 push over 700.
This is the info I am waiting for. I just want to see if they will have a supercharged option with the higher compression and Dierect/Port injection.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You guys realize that higher compression makes it harder to run more boost? Just look at the Camaro.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
You guys realize that higher compression makes it harder to run more boost? Just look at the Camaro.

Run less boost then. With higher compression you make more power with less boost.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Run less boost then. With higher compression you make more power with less boost.
I'm afraid there is more to it than that.

Besides, the oil pump gear is still going to be the limiting factor. You aren't going to be able to run any more horsepower safely on the MY18 coyote....and it won't be any cheaper (most likely more expensive).

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Been speaking with a guy at a Ford dealership here in Houston. I asked about stock 2018 Mustang GT numbers and he said the word on the street amongst the dealerships was the GT was coming in at or very close to 470. I've become more interested in their Roush performance packs to slap on a supercharger stock to a 2018 come later next year. If the 2017s are making 670. I'd bet the 2018 push over 700.

I don't buy that if it came from a dealership. Not even remotely. 455 is more likely since it came straight from Ford. I do think it will react to mods differently and may very well do better overall NA than the port injected only. Hard to say about FI just yet, but you never know.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I don't buy that if it came from a dealership. Not even remotely. 455 is more likely since it came straight from Ford. I do think it will react to mods differently and may very well do better overall NA than the port injected only. Hard to say about FI just yet, but you never know.

When did 455 come straight from Ford? When a graphic designer trolled everyone by putting some Mustang-relevant numbers in a concept image of a gauge cluster?

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
When did 455 come straight from Ford? When a graphic designer trolled everyone by putting some Mustang-relevant numbers in a concept image of a gauge cluster?
Exactly.

It's entirely an assumption made on an image with numbers anticipated to be an easter egg in plain sight. The 455 mark has as much evidence to support it as does any other number.

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
Exactly.

It's entirely an assumption made on an image with numbers anticipated to be an easter egg in plain sight. The 455 mark has as much evidence to support it as does any other number.
You are right. All we can do is wait for Ford to announce official power numbers and pricing. The speculation can be fun, but that's all it is.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Exactly.

With the minimal HP and torque bump seen on the 2018 F150, it suggests the HP and torque bump on the MY18 mustang won't be substantial.

Sponsored

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
The 2018 will need at least 470 hp to hang with the SS.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
With the minimal HP and torque bump seen on the 2018 F150, it suggests the HP and torque bump on the MY18 mustang won't be substantial.
Does the history of HP/TQ increases between the F150 & Mustang GT ratio back this statement up?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Exactly.

True.

As highlighted before, there is also a 470 in that very same image. So are we now taking for granted that the 470 is correct? Perhaps the 455 is torque? Before anyone says it, exactly, you can read into these numbers anything if you search hard enough.

It may be 455 hp, Hell, I would love it to be 470. Until Ford officially release numbers, it's just pure guess work from us all (and hope).

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Exactly.

Id say it holds more water than what you heard at your local dealership.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for the number to be 470. I really would. Truth of the matter is that hinting with advertising is kind of a thing. has been for a while.

1497878611747.jpg

My guess is that your dealership got the idea of 470 from the tachometer reading on the same picture that the assumed 455 came from. Maybe 470 HP and 455 TQ? That seems reasonable from looking at THIS picture. Who knows?

jmarsch1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
We just got our 2018 model year order guide companion here at the dealership. Some nice pictures of the '18s with the performance package, pony package for the EB, and a glimpse of the carbon sport interior package. My guess is since we just got the companion, we should see the guide any day now.
Sponsored