Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I installed mine backwards?!
You have the V1 brackets and they are are installed correctly. Some customers are having alignment issues with our V2 brackets on the passenger side with the washer hose hole.
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Received my updated brackets yesterday, installed them this afternoon, they worked perfect, had the hood aligned in 15 minutes.

TC :thumbsup:

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I used a different clamp.

I took a different approach to the 'problem'. Since the hole alignment for the hose clamp in mine was only slightly off, I removed the stock clamp and used a small adhesive-backed cable clamp at the same location. It works like a champ, and there was no need to return anything. Keep in mind that the hole mis-alignment in mine was slight, so I was able to live with the very slightly angled bracket that no one will notice. If the mis-alignment is way off like the diameter of the hole, then it won't look right. Anyway, it works and looks fine.
Redline Fix.jpg

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Anybody want to clear this up for me? Did Redline upgrade their brackets so i only have to loosen one bolt on the hood and not have to mess with realigning it? Also, does the hood need much lift pressure to go up by itself? Thx...deciding between these or Steeda and i REALLY don't want a misaligned hood.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I only had to remove the upper hood nuts on each side to install the brackets. There was no need to re-align the hood. The hood opens fully with minimal effort. I can't comment on the Steeda, but I'm very pleased with the Redline.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
There are a couple good videos on YouTube showing the install of the Steeda struts ...

Here is a video we created:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Cgp75UGQSVg[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
There are a couple good videos on YouTube showing the install of the Steeda struts ...
Yeah, i've been weighing the options. So if one of the struts went bad 361 days after purchase, what could/would Steeda do for me?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Gas hood struts come with a one year warranty, and all hardware comes with a lifetime warranty.

With that being said, we’ll look at what we can do after 1 year.

TH

Cobraunit

Mustang Fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I only had to remove the upper hood nuts on each side to install the brackets. There was no need to re-align the hood. The hood opens fully with minimal effort. I can't comment on the Steeda, but I'm very pleased with the Redline.
Me too! My Redline hood struts installed with no issues, and they work great! They are $35 cheaper than the Steeda ones, have a 4 year warranty vs only 1 year for Steeda and Redline even included a step bit to make the hole in the plastic battery cover.

Redline Tuning FTW! :thumbsup::headbang:

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Gas hood struts come with a one year warranty, and all hardware comes with a lifetime warranty.

With that being said, we’ll look at what we can do after 1 year.

TH
Just placed an order, and PM'd you.

Sponsored