turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I didn't. I'm just going to pull the bumper, reposition, test.. Repeatedly until good, then put bumper back and pray to the car gods I can hit the boost procharger advertises. I am also nearing a tune. I'm going to get a Fore system first. Overcompensating I am sure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Picked up a 170 degree thermostat to change while the bumper is off as well. I'm trying to get this all nailed down this weekend but I have a busy agenda again. I thought weekends were for relaxing and working in the garage??

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Boost leaks are all solved. I tested up to 20psi. I'm feeling good there.

I put a thread out there for confirmation, but I'll put it here as well. Looking for confirmation the thermostat housing removes with procharger assembly in place:

37246795_10156111848049681_1548214317252345856_n.jpg

Despite putting the kit on, I can't remember..

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Did simply re-tightening the t-bolt clamps do the trick? Not sure about the t-stat housing. I installed mine before I installed the supercharger bracket. Looks like you might get lucky and be able to wiggle it out of there. Good luck!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Some I was able to just tighten, but the majority I adjusted the roll of the piping and couplers to bite the absolute most of the coupler I could. I did one clamp 3 times at least to get it right. When I got the bumper off I found that the vband clamp on the TiAL was leaking a ton, that was solved with tightening more than I initially felt comfortable.

I don't think I'll get to the t-stat tonight anyway, so I'll leave the thread overnight to hope for a response to change it tmrw.

I'm still waiting to hear more about your boost box. :)

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Some I was able to just tighten, but the majority I adjusted the roll of the piping and couplers to bite the absolute most of the coupler I could. I did one clamp 3 times at least to get it right. When I got the bumper off I found that the vband clamp on the TiAL was leaking a ton, that was solved with tightening more than I initially felt comfortable.

I don't think I'll get to the t-stat tonight anyway, so I'll leave the thread overnight to hope for a response to change it tmrw.

I'm still waiting to hear more about your boost box. :)
Sorry about the wait on my boost box. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment. To make a long story short, the injectors I ordered wouldn't fit (Ford 52lb) with spacer cups. I now have a set of ID1050x's on the way thanks to Mike at Palm Beach Dyno. They are scheduled to be here on Friday, and I hope to have the first log sent to him over the weekend.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Sorry about the wait on my boost box. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment. To make a long story short, the injectors I ordered wouldn't fit (Ford 52lb) with spacer cups. I now have a set of ID1050x's on the way thanks to Mike at Palm Beach Dyno. They are scheduled to be here on Friday, and I hope to have the first log sent to him over the weekend.
Oh it's all good. I'm confident that if I get the car back together and have low boost that it's the box. Sorry to hear about your injectors. Did they recommend against DW (deatschwerks)?

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
No they said the DW 95's were fine but didn't have a set in stock. Instead they smoked me a deal on the ID1050x's. I've talked to a few people I know and everyone has said the ID's are second to none for drivability. Both are proven, so I really didn't care too much either way. I'm chomping at the bit to get this car put back together and tuned. Sounds like it will take several days of idle/street logs and base tune revisions before we can move on to WOT logs. Guess I had better put my patience cap on!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Thermostat changed and first warm idle. Planning to get the front clip put back together tmrw and take a little drive.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Well, I can only assume that Lund's Omega Boost Box is no good. Still only showing me 4psi. I have no faith in the device.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Follow-up on the boost box, I have a support ticket opened with Lund. I'll keep the thread updated with news as it comes.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Curious to see what they say. My ID1050x injectors arrived today and I installed them right away. Unfortunately no base file as promised by Palm Beach Dyno. I spoke to Mike at 11:30am AZ time and he promised to send the file and instructions within 30 minutes. Don't know what's going on over there, but they appear to be too busy to pay attention to customer service. The guys there are really friendly, but I'm beginning to loose my faith in them. I'm afraid it's going to take weeks to get revisions sent back/fourth, etc. Hopefully they get me my file tomorrow so I can send them my first log and get this project moving. Ugg!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Curious to see what they say. My ID1050x injectors arrived today and I installed them right away. Unfortunately no base file as promised by Palm Beach Dyno. I spoke to Mike at 11:30am AZ time and he promised to send the file and instructions within 30 minutes. Don't know what's going on over there, but they appear to be too busy to pay attention to customer service. The guys there are really friendly, but I'm beginning to loose my faith in them. I'm afraid it's going to take weeks to get revisions sent back/fourth, etc. Hopefully they get me my file tomorrow so I can send them my first log and get this project moving. Ugg!
Yeah man, this is discouraging :( I'm hopeful they pull through for you as I intend to work with them. Glad the injectors are in!!

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I'm sure they will. Just frustrating when you come home from work early to get something accomplished and no progress is made. Please keep us in the loop on the boost box. Thanks!

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Quick update. Rob from PBD emailed me and apologized for delay. They are having HP tuners server issues and will have base file for me tomorrow morning.
Sponsored