2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
Just got my parts today, 12 days since I ordered. OEMFORDPARTSDIRECT.COM.
Easy, no questions from them. Programmed properly w/ mileage.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Is it possible to use the IC without the bezel or at least the clear plastic part? It is terrible at catching glare from all 4 windows.

Did you try my Cardboard cutout? I've been using mine for over 2 months now in the bright sun with no problems. Page 33 of this thread. near the bottom. Even gots sum pictures.

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Successful install today on my GT Base with Perf. pack.
Thank you to all who did the research and prework, without this page I'd never have been able to do this! I love it!!

ps. The only thing I couldn't get the outside Temp to work, the line code seems to be the same as the transmission?
and the high beams icon will flash but wont stay on. And I miss my 4 wheel drive lol.
new digital dash mustang GT base PP.jpg

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Successful install today on my GT Base with Perf. pack.
Thank you to all who did the research and prework, without this page I'd never have been able to do this! I love it!!

ps. The only thing I couldn't get the outside Temp to work, the line code seems to be the same as the transmission?
and the high beams icon will flash but wont stay on. And I miss my 4 wheel drive lol.
new digital dash mustang GT base PP.jpg
High beams is an easy fix. Change your SCCM as built. 724-01-01 xxxx 2xxx xx and 724-04-01 x0xx xxxx xx

Outside air temp is in IPC 720-02-01 xxxx xxxx xExx

You can also disable your TPMS sensors so you don't have that light on in the BCM.

Sponsored

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
High beams is an easy fix. Change your SCCM as built. 724-01-01 xxxx 2xxx xx and 724-04-01 x0xx xxxx xx

Outside air temp is in IPC 720-02-01 xxxx xxxx xExx

You can also disable your TPMS sensors so you don't have that light on in the BCM.
Thank you !

But the 720-02-01 relates to the auto/manual transmission per your spreadsheet, not the air temp? As soon as I changed it (didnt write it yet) I got a checksum error.

ps. Have to manually reset each wheel tpms, I got new 20"'s so its off.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thank you !

But the 720-02-01 relates to the auto/manual transmission per your spreadsheet, not the air temp? As soon as I changed it (didnt write it yet) I got a checksum error.

ps. Have to manually reset each wheel tpms, I got new 20"'s so its off.
Each line of as built data does more then one function. Each word of xxxx consists of two bytes. Each byte consists of two nibbles. Each nibble is 1 hexadecimal value. 1 hex value is 4 binary values. 1 hexadecimal value gives you 0-9, A-F - so 16 total options. This means each "x" in the as built string has 16 different options. That means it can set multiple parameters. The hexadecimal value is then broken down into binary to figure out what is set. For example look at the 720-02-01 line. Mine is 2D80 3C30 then the checksum of 1C. The checksum is just adding the previous values hexadecimally and does nothing for the actual configuration of the module. Its a way that the module knows if the data was entered correctly. FORScan calculates this for you.

2D80. So the 2 is what tells the IPC if it is a manual or auto. In other vehicles it also shows if it displays gallons US or UK, and if it has global window open and/or close enabled. So this ONE nibble does 4 total functions with those 16 different possibilities. A 2 means Gallon type is US, its a manual trans, global window open is enabled, and global window closed is disabled. That 2 in binary is 0010. To this logic in theory the first 0 means gallon type is US versus a 1 would be UK, second 0 means manual, third 1 means global window open enabled, 4th number 0 mean global window close is disabled.

2D80 in binary is 0010 1101 1000 0000

Each binary 0 or 1 is one bit. 8 bits = 1 byte. A half byte or 4 bits = one nibble. Each nibble can have its own hex value.

You can control SO MANY different functions with one line of as built data. Hopefully that crash course taught you something.

Ignore the checksum error and hit OK.

The mustangs auto learn the TPMS sensors so if they haven't learned after a day or two theres something wrong.

th2408au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Any idea where i can get a RHD SCCM for a 2018. Steering wheel control module. all the part numbers above are for LHD

th2408au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Doesn't it feel a lot better with it all done up? Really hated the whole cluster sliding around when I took corners. As it is, I have a tiny rattle from it over bumps that I'm going to have to go back in for eventually, but for now I just keep the volume high.
Do you know what part number you ordered fro the RHD SCCM, steering wheel control module and clock spring, Cant find one anywhere

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Any idea where i can get a RHD SCCM for a 2018. Steering wheel control module. all the part numbers above are for LHD
The RHD SCCM is the same as the LHD one.

Sponsored

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know the Forscan codes for LINE LOCK, LAUNCH CONTROL, etc. All those Driver Aids have disappeared?

I have the Peformance Pack GT Base.
Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Anyone know the Forscan codes for LINE LOCK, LAUNCH CONTROL, etc. All those Driver Aids have disappeared?

I have the Peformance Pack GT Base.
Thank you.
I don't know what line they are...I think its 720-06-01 actually but if you use my as built its all in there. Just copy my 720-06-01 line.

Post all your as built please.

Last edited:

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what line they are...I think its 720-06-01 actually but if you use my as built its all in there. Just copy my 720-06-01 line.

Post all your as built please.
For my as built, I used your spreadsheet for the Baseline ABD, from lines 58 to 77.
Everything worked but the Drivers package disappeared, line lock, launch control, accelerometer...

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You should confirm this because it all works fine for me with those values.

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
You should confirm this because it all works fine for me with those values.
But you are usng the ABD from line 81, right? I don't have the premium, I have the Base GT with Performance pkg. Maybe Drivers Aids/ Line lock, launch control, etc is not 720-06-01?
Sponsored