Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
How is it outdated news? Everything up to this point has the mustang being based off cd6 and being introduced by MY'21, although i do reserve the right to say that something could happen where it can be pushed back by one model year('22).

Ford's persistence that they will sell a hybrid mustang by CY'20, the employee's linkedin profile and a couple of well informed people over at BON all point to the same info. I seriously doubt that your source is bigger than the tidal wave of information that's been put out. Like anything else, its wait and see.
Ford will not offer the Hybrid Mustang by 2020CY nor 2021CY. The most recent news (last 2 months) are that the S650 project it’s on an indefinite delay (temporarily cancelled) in order to increase the S550 lifespan due to its success. Apparently Ghostrealm knows more about this information, we should ask him.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2271591&postcount=43

This is something new, so you might be just getting outdated news. Everything moves so fast in this business.
Sponsored

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hi I actually got told from my friend not to reveal too much about what he said. But he mentioned that there is a major refresh coming for 2025. Thats all he will tell me. I am trying to get more from him in the details.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hi I actually got told from my friend not to reveal too much about what he said. But he mentioned that there is a major refresh coming for 2025. Thats all he will tell me. I am trying to get more from him in the details.

Any snippets of information would be appreciated :thumbsup:

2025 seems a looooooooooooong way away. If that really is the case, then I sincerely hope there's a second refresh on the cards before then, even if its "only" lights/fascias and interior trim.....just to keep things as fresh as possible.

2015-2017
2018-2021
2022-2024

That would follow a similar(ish) pattern to S197

2005-2009
2010-2012 (with all new engines/gearbox for '11)
2013-2014

jsaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ
Nope, nobody said it would be such thing (body on frame). The only thing we've heard about the next gen explorer is that it will be RWD based (again) and that it will be built under the new CD6 "Modular platform".

I suspect this is reaching back to the time when the future of CD6 was still fuzzy among the public with rumors of cancellations, etc. During that time, there were some rumors that Explorer might basically be a rebadged Everest placing it on the T6 platform, but they were never more than rumors. (obviously)

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
No Mustang hybrid until 2025?

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
It’s beginning to look more and more like it.
Good! A true Mustang guy wouldn’t want one any more than a front wheel drive Mustang either.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Good! A true Mustang guy wouldn’t want one any more than a front wheel drive Mustang either.
I am a true Mustang guy and I’d love to see one. V8 + electricity sounds really cool; we don’t need to have very “old-school” ideas in order to be “real Mustang guy”, however with the FWD I agree with you, that would be just stupid.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If that really is the case, then I sincerely hope there's a second refresh on the cards before then, even if its "only" lights/fascias and interior trim.....just to keep things as fresh as possible.
I wouldn't mind that. All they have to do is fix the front bumper and make it look more like the GT350. Basically like what they did with MY 2013. The rest of the car is spot on imho and still will be in two years.

And like [MENTION=21725]c-rizzle[/MENTION] stated they already have the lower hood in place so it should be an easy redesign. I'm sure the development costs will be worth it considering the extra sales this would generate for the last few model years.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I am a true Mustang guy and I’d love to see one. V8 + electricity sounds really cool.....
Nothing is free.

You want, say, an electric motor that powers the front wheels, creating an AWD Mustang that keeps up with modern, fast cars like Teslas in acceleration?
The say hello to 400 extra pounds, $10K more in cost, and the destruction of much of the Mustangs dynamic traits.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Checkout page 14 of this PDF (which was has been presented by Hau Thai Tang over the last couple of days at the JP Morgan Auto conference)

It shows how future product will be grouped in 5 flexible architectures....and Mustang and Explorer (whilst not spelled out specifically, the silhouettes are pretty obvious) are grouped together in the ICE RWD/AWD unibody. Just a pity it doesn't say when.......

https://s22.q4cdn.com/857684434/fil...rd-Motor-Company-FINAL-IR-SITE-Compressed.pdf

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't know if this means anything at all, but this article states the following:

And according to a Detroit Bureau interview with Ford Group Marketing Manager Corey Holter, there's even a hybrid version of the Mustang coming in 2020.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-mustang-continues-evolve-keeps-competition-120921963.html

But they put the first year in wrong - 1965.5 instead of 1964.5 - so who knows how accurate that is, or when the interview they referenced took place.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
One source is suggesting 2022 we'll see a hybrid V8 Mustang.

I know for a fact th is in not true news. My friend works at Ford and makes the Mustang. He said 2025 next refresh guys. Thats 100% fact.
Will that refresh be the S650?

If so then to me a refresh in 2025 means that the S650 will be based on the S550 underpinnings and will therefore go on for another 5-6 years. At this rate we won't see a new clean-sheet Mustang until 2030.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.