Honey I strunk my Mustang...

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 GT Custom Pack
So Ford have managed to shrink my Mustang for me down to roughly the size of a fiesta... well done Ford lol

Ford are keeping my full sized Mustang until they can figure out what is wrong with it :mad:
IMG_20160118_124231.jpg
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
What is wrong with your car buddy?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, so you went from a mustang, to that? I thought there was an unwritten rule with 'loaner cars' from dealers/insurance companies that you get one 'as close to the spec of yours as possible'?

As Gibbo said, what's wrong with your Mustang, or at least, what caused you/them to take it in?

OP
OP

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
The RHD wiring loom recall, the gearbox noise and the engine rattle.

The Ford tech today had no idea what the engine rattle might be...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The RHD wiring loom recall, the gearbox noise and the engine rattle.

The Ford tech today had no idea what the engine rattle might be...
:frusty::frusty::frusty:.

Engines, or even engineering aren't my thing, but it could be anything from a loose bolt all the way to just loose parts (More serious than a bolt) inside the engine...

Really hope they fix it quick for you mate, must suck going from a Mustang, to that!

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I thought there was an unwritten rule with 'loaner cars' from dealers/insurance companies that you get one 'as close to the spec of yours as possible'?
If only! Even the insurance companies typically stiff you with the cheapest vehicle they can get away away, under the assumption of 'what are you going to do about it'. This is one of the reasons people now resort to the "Claims Management Company" and everyone's premiums go up.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If only! Even the insurance companies typically stiff you with the cheapest vehicle they can get away away, under the assumption of 'what are you going to do about it'. This is one of the reasons people now resort to the "Claims Management Company" and everyone's premiums go up.
Yuck, All i know is when my mate went to Porsche with his carerra turbo (some special edition version that's worth a hefty sum), they'd given him a brand new 911 turbo whilst it was in for servicing and fixing up. When I'd crashed I got a 206 to replace my corsa (equal value) and whenever anyone else in my family has crashed or been hit or whatever they always get cars of equal value... that fiesta vs your mustang are far from equal value.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I once had a car with an unusual rattle not unlike your own that would ease as the engine warmed. It baffled the dealership mechanics. In the end I diagnosed it myself. There was a bolt missing that held down the plastic engine cover. There were 3 fixings and the centre one was missing. It would resonate at certain rev ranges which caused a kind of a rasp in the engine bay but would ease off as the plastic warmed and became more pliable.

Just an idea if you don't get anywhere else. Someone posted about a loose fixing after the wiring loom mod.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So Ford have managed to shrink my Mustang for me down to roughly the size of a fiesta... well done Ford lol

Ford are keeping my full sized Mustang until they can figure out what is wrong with it :mad:
They should have given you a car that is an equal size to the Mustang. Imagine you had bought a Galaxy because you have 4 kids to cart around and they gave you a Fiesta. Personally I wouldn't have accepted it, surely they have a GT demo they could have lent you.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
They should have given you a car that is an equal size to the Mustang. Imagine you had bought a Galaxy because you have 4 kids to cart around and they gave you a Fiesta. Personally I wouldn't have accepted it, surely they have a GT demo they could have lent you.
^ this.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Probably as much passenger space in a Fiesta...

OP
OP

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
I believe their GT demo car is off the road as well at the moment.

Ultimately I'm not fussed, the Fiesta is actually really good to drive... dare I say it drives better than the Mustang. The gearbox and clutch are certainly a million miles better at the very least.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I believe their GT demo car is off the road as well at the moment.

Ultimately I'm not fussed, the Fiesta is actually really good to drive... dare I say it drives better than the Mustang. The gearbox and clutch are certainly a million miles better at the very least.
Is this the one that the salesman crashed on a test drive?

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Is this the one that the salesman crashed on a test drive?
No that's my dealer :lol:
So far I've had their GT (pre crash), a Vignale and tomorrow when it goes for bumper respray attempt 3 I'm getting an SMax
Sponsored