Sponsored

2015 GT350 vs 2016 GT350

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Would you pay a premium for a 2015 GT350 over a 2016 GT350? If not, why? If so, why?

Lets assume the options are exactly the same between the two.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
If I had the extra $ and could afford to buy a car and not drive it, I'd consider a '15. However silly it may seem to many of us, they will command a premium with the right buyers. Otherwise be patient and wait for a '16 at MSRP.
'15's are insanely hard to come by. I know 2 people getting R's and one getting a non-R, and they have serious connections and worked very hard to get those cars. They also have good reasons for wanting '15s.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The issue is of the 100/37 (regular/R) 2015s there will be VERY few on the open market for sale to begin with. Most were direct sales to high level execs etc., or people with big connections. Not dealers to resell to the public.

You would be lucky to see 10-15/3-6 of then on the open market actually for sale to the general public.

If money was no option, why not? Many of the 2015s already have build dates over the net 1-3 month meaning delivery September/October-December.

Production of the 2016 wont even start until after that/very end of 2015 and depending on allocation a 2016 might not be built for a year from now or longer.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't, but I understand and relate to those who do. It makes a lot of sense. I think it's fun for most people to collect and buy cool stuff. I am buying the GT350 to use as a daily driver, because that's what my finances allow. If I had the cash it would be used less, or I would use it for my winter beater and drive the Ford GT in nice weather. ;)

I would hate to see a car where only 100 were made purchased by someone like me and then daily driven in the salty winter roads here in MN. I probably irritate enough people just daily driving my current GT!

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Can we consolidate all the ADM threads....LMAO...no really I mean it...

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I really hope Ford is reading this forum and feeds us more info! ADM talk is getting old... However, to answer the question. Yes, I'm paying ADM on a '16 - so hell yeah I'd pay on a 15 haha. The car is priced right, options are a bit expensive IMHO but I'd rather be in a Ford than a BMW or Audi RS5 or something else at my age (27). I am paying over to have it early, rack up some guilt free miles and hopefully get out of it north of $40k within a year or two. I don't seem to keep my cars too long.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Would you pay a premium for a 2015 GT350 over a 2015 GT350? If not, why? If so, why?

Lets assume the options are exactly the same between the two.
Would I pay a premium for a 2015 over a 2015????? I'm going to assume typo (I do that often) and say I would not pay a premium as I plan on dd my car and the added collector value of a 2015 would dissipate as the miles went on.

Were I in a position to buy one and park it for 20 years, I likely would.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Cars are one of the worst appreciating assests you can have. If I had the money to collect cars, I wouldn't. I'd have a garage full of vehicles that I actually drove. That being said, I wouldn't buy a vehicle for more than MSRP. I also feel their cherry picking of owners for the 2015, who then get the car at MSRP, is BS.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Cars are one of the worst appreciating assests you can have. If I had the money to collect cars, I wouldn't.
Most late-model cars are one of the worst investments there is, with few exceptions. If you want to sink money into collecting cars, you're typically better off working with old stuff (assuming you know what you're doing), IMO. But, as with anything, you have to pay to play, the difference being the old car might just net you a profit when it's time to sell.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I ordered a 2016 GT350 at MSRP. It will not be a daily driver but it will not be a garage queen either.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Cars are one of the worst appreciating assests you can have. If I had the money to collect cars, I wouldn't. I'd have a garage full of vehicles that I actually drove. That being said, I wouldn't buy a vehicle for more than MSRP. I also feel their cherry picking of owners for the 2015, who then get the car at MSRP, is BS.
I've asked, but still haven't gotten an adequate explanation on how the buyer positions for the 2015s were distributed. And you're right - even the rarest new cars are still just rare depreciating assets - usually until they're 20-25 years old (unless it was a Ford GT you bought 10 years ago). However, if you had purchased a few good '60s and '70s muscle cars 20 years ago, you'd be retired now. Their increase in value has far exceeded almost any other "investment" - except maybe Apple stock.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
However, if you had purchased a few good '60s and '70s muscle cars 20 years ago, you'd be retired now. Their increase in value has far exceeded almost any other "investment" - except maybe Apple stock.
Not even close. Yes some very few cars have done well, but only very few. Good stocks in general are a lot better, especially considering you don't have to maintain them as well as maintaining a storage building, insurance, etc.
Sponsored