Sponsored

Just Upgraded to BG Synchro Shift II

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I wasn't happy with the notchiness in my new 18, particularly going into 2nd and 3rd at higher RPM. I ordered from Optimum Performance- fast shipping, and good instructions.
Swap out was easy as most of you probably know. The fill plug is on the side- is that new for the 18s? I saw some video with some guy taking out the console to do this...at any rate, it's no sweat on the 18s at least.

Notchiness is greatly reduced and shifts are much smoother. I'm very happy with it and should be a no-brainer for everyone with an MT-82.

Next up is a X-Spec MGW shifter....delivered next week :D
Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i've been holding out because i wasn't sure if it will affect me warranty-wise, but the cold weather has made my notchiness just miserable and sometimes i'm hesitating to clutch out because it dosen't feel like it's gone into gear... maybe it's time.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
about to order mine next week im going to do trans and diff

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
about to order mine next week im going to do trans and diff
I did my install of trans and diff last winter. Just do your arm pumping exercises to get them in shape. I noticed a difference in the shifting of the trans, but I also have the Steeda Tri-Ax Race Shifter, so that helped also.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i've been holding out because i wasn't sure if it will affect me warranty-wise, but the cold weather has made my notchiness just miserable and sometimes i'm hesitating to clutch out because it dosen't feel like it's gone into gear... maybe it's time.
BG Syncroshift II is approved to the Ford specification, so no warranty concerns.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HeavyMetalMonk

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
BG Syncroshift II is approved to the Ford specification, so no warranty concerns.
Even if it wasn't, Ford would have to prove the BG fluid was the cause of the problem- that's the law on warranty, at least in CA.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Even if it wasn't, Ford would have to prove the BG fluid was the cause of the problem- that's the law on warranty, at least in CA.
That's the law nationally. Magnusson Moss Act.

pike bishop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT, shadow blk, 401a, pp...
less than 3,000 on my 17 and can empathize with the miserable statement. along with bg fluid swap, seriously consider replacing pos oem shifter bracket. bolting in a blowfish racing bracket kit really made a difference in my particular circumstance.

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
I wasn't happy with the notchiness in my new 18, particularly going into 2nd and 3rd at higher RPM. I ordered from Optimum Performance- fast shipping, and good instructions.
Swap out was easy as most of you probably know. The fill plug is on the side- is that new for the 18s? I saw some video with some guy taking out the console to do this...at any rate, it's no sweat on the 18s at least.

Notchiness is greatly reduced and shifts are much smoother. I'm very happy with it and should be a no-brainer for everyone with an MT-82.

Next up is a X-Spec MGW shifter....delivered next week :D
You are going to absolutely love the shifter. Did you happen to go with a flat stick and gripper ball?

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Nice, I'm planning to do it once I hit 1,500 miles (doing their diff fluid and changing engine oil at the same time)

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Ok I'm convinced. Is there a forum discount code?

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
BG didn't work very well for me. Noticed nothing different. I switched to royal purple and I do notice less "bite" so I recommend that over BG. I did leave the BG fluid in the diff though. I do highly recommend the blowfish racing bracket. That's a game changer. Or go with one of the aftermarket shifters.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
How much difference can BG fluid be if it meets the Ford Spec?

Coming from a cold weather climate, I just know it takes longer for fluid to warm so I don't expect the same shift quality from a manual transmission or even an automatic. The automatic has an advantage of the trans cooler being warmed by the engine coolant so it warms more quickly than a standard transmission. I'm pretty sure the manual trans is relying more on engine heat air flow to warm the trans in really cold temps.
Sponsored