Sponsored

Gt350 cold air intake to stock throttle body

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
I have read that the gt350 cold air intake can be used on a stock throttle body but with a gasket to go over the throttle body to compensate for the size difference.... can anyone provide a link or part number to the gasket needed?

Also, or would it be best to just do the gt350 throttle body instead? Thanks
Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Here is what I did:

A stock GT throttle body is 80mm. A GT350 TB is 87mm. That's an increase of 3.5mm of radius length center to circumference edge.

In other words you need to build up the lip of the stock throttle body by 3.5mm. This is cheap and easy to do.

1. Remove the intake tube from the throttle body and measure the flange edge width.

2. Then buy a roll of Gorilla tape and cut a long, continuous strip of the tape in the same edge-to-edge width as the measurement taken from the stock TB.

3. Roll the tape around the outside lip of the TB until it reaches a thickness of about 3mm.

4. Secure the intake tube to the tape-enhanced TB.

**If you don't like the idea of using the Gorilla tape, then go to your hardware store and find a sheet of rubber of some kind that is approx. 3mm thick. Cut a strip of it with the same width and circumference (80mm x 3.14) as the outside lip of the TB, wrap it around the TB until the ends meet, secure the ends with a small piece of tape, and viola, you have just created your own rubber gasket!!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Or just do what I've been doing and just tighten the worm clamp until it seals...

OP
OP

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
Thanks for the ideas. I was just looking to see how people were doing it. I may consider getting a rubber coupling to go over the stock throttle body and put the intake over it.

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
I used a 3.5” coupler, cut the size of it to fit over the stock tb and put the gt350 Cai on and tightened it down .
Sponsored