Sponsored

R.I.P. HR414....sad story

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Glad you're ok. I was recently reminded how much respect/attention I have to give this car when just cruising. Hitting a dip in the road the steering wheel just ripped out of my hand, I was luck no car was present in the lane next to me. Since I have tried changing the steering mode from sport to normal, and maybe it's just in my head but the cars tremmlinig seems to ease a lot, at least its effect on the steering wheel. Be safe everyone,

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Sorry you're going through this, but glad the car protected you fairly well. Sometimes I want a fox body again, then I see stuff like this and remember how far things have come from a safety standpoint. Good luck to you and get back in the saddle soon:cheers:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Sorry you're going through this, but glad the car protected you fairly well. Sometimes I want a fox body again, then I see stuff like this and remember how far things have come from a safety standpoint. Good luck to you and get back in the saddle soon:cheers:
I love classic cars but I will not buy one due to the fact that they are death traps if you get into an accident. You could be the greatest driver in the world, but you share the road with many others who are just terrible drivers.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Glad you're ok. I was recently reminded how much respect/attention I have to give this car when just cruising. Hitting a dip in the road the steering wheel just ripped out of my hand, I was luck no car was present in the lane next to me. Since I have tried changing the steering mode from sport to normal, and maybe it's just in my head but the cars tremmlinig seems to ease a lot, at least its effect on the steering wheel. Be safe everyone,
It's the only car I have to drive 2 handed 90% of the time only because I like it in sport mode. It's much more forgiving in comfort though.

Sponsored

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Sorry to hear about the R but glad your OK...cars can be replaced but we only get one life! :hail:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
glad to here you made it out well. Cars get totaled so you dont get totaled.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad you are ok man.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
That was an extreme impact and trees are non-forgiving.
You are blessed to be alive.
It’s nice to get a 2nd chance after something like this.
All the best to you moving forward.
I am glad you posted this b/c its easy to feel invincible in this car until you are not. Im gonna be more careful, too much to lose.

Second chances where you are not permanently messed up from a crash like that are rare. You had a near life experience, time to start living how you want my friend. Good luck !!

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Very sobering. Photos are eye-openers.

Glad to hear you’re well on the mend and hope all works out ok legally and financially.

Shame a nice car is gone but as others have said, it can be replaced.

Greetings from a Mustang brother in Australia.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
Not sure....unfortunately what is left of the car belongs to State Farm or whoever they sold it to (not sure how all that works). Getting a settlement payment made to USAA by State Farm was one of the few smooth things in the aftermath. It was a ridiculously low $56k, but they paid fairly quickly and I had "total loss" loan protection so I signed off on it.
Glad you are okay.

I presume the laws / regulations vary state-to-state, but I was in an accident on I-20 outside Atlanta in 2002 that resulted in my almost brand new truck being declared a total loss and the insurance company paid it out. I was able to buy the wreck from them for a fixed fee - 1500$, I think. They just issue a salvage title and you are responsible for taking the wreck off their hands.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Sure glad to hear your O.K.! looked at the pics more than once,WOW.
Things like this happen in the blink of an eye & you were able react. Hope that all works out for you & at some point your back in the saddle of a Mustang!

Have a Great Sunday!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Glad you made it out. Stories like this make me consider getting an agreed value policy.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I love classic cars but I will not buy one due to the fact that they are death traps if you get into an accident. You could be the greatest driver in the world, but you share the road with many others who are just terrible drivers.
Yeah, that's one reason the old Mach1 had to go.
Good luck OP. :cheers:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Wow! Godspeed for sure on your next hopefully R journey...
Sponsored