Sponsored

DIY 18' manifold swap into 15-17'

blusdacolor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 6 speed GT
Can someone help me out? I have the brake booster going to vac 1, and the cai running to vac 2. My brakes are super hard and won’t compress. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Isstuntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
16 PP GT
Same exact thing happened to me. Has anyone worked out this bug or is everyone going lockouts ?
I went lockouts.. tuned ... and am a very happy camper

Adrianlpz93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I went lockouts.. tuned ... and am a very happy camper
Bro. Did a 4th gear pull on the freeway everything felt fine. Did a second gear pull when I got off and the IMRC shut :( then I cleared the code, revved the engine to try to get it to open. Did a 1st gear pull, and then it was fine car pulled good. What the heck

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
anyone know what size caps & how many are needed to block off ports that are not used if locking the manifold out?
2 Ports not used but I believe they are in there own channel and not connected to the manifold ports as they are just for the IMRC, They are like that hard plastic line under the stock 15-17 manifold but built into the manifold itself on the 18'.... I still capped them anyway

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
I have hardwired my plugs inplace and i keep getting P2007
Alex with lund says its wiring issue.
Originally i had the recommeded plug and play kit but kept getting the same error as well.
I cut those pigtails off and just hardwired those inplace and still get the error message.
I tried swapping the imrc plugs and it did change from P2007 to P2006 when i swapped those plugs.
I have since hardwired the plugs inplace.
Could improper vacuum hoses cause this as well?

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This thread needs to die, it has been made clear that LOCK OUT'S have no negative affect forget trying to make the IMRC'S functional and save yourself a on going headache.:doh:

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
This thread needs to die, it has been made clear that LOCK OUT'S have no negative affect forget trying to make the IMRC'S functional and save yourself a on going headache.:doh:
Agreed lock them out boys...

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
2 Ports not used but I believe they are in there own channel and not connected to the manifold ports as they are just for the IMRC, They are like that hard plastic line under the stock 15-17 manifold but built into the manifold itself on the 18'.... I still capped them anyway
I just ordered some Dorman 5/8 & 3/4 caps. Thanks

Last edited:

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Has anyone who has gotten a p2006 or p2007 code been able to clear it?

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
I just locked mine out and moved on.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
being locked out, I am not sure why people still think they need them active... I mean if you go boosted you need to lockout anyway..

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
what I would like to see is a few photos of everyones routing being locked out... preferably not boosted yet...

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
Has any one noticed their exhaust note change.
By that i mean i have the magnaflows on mine and the sound or loudness has been drastically cut volumewise.
I would have never thought that would happen.
The rumble i used to get when id let off the gas while coming to a stop at is almost gone.
Also unrelated has anyone ever figured out the popping sound coming from the cold air intake or throttle body.?

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
I did not notice a loss of exhaust volume, mine got slightly louder but switched from Airraid closed box Cai to a pmas when I did the swap. I have a whistle that I can hear when the throttle is initially applied below 2700 rpm, but think that's coming from the tb opening. On my way to work this morning did have a slight popping coming from the exhaust when adjusting speed via the cruise control (like a slight rapid backfire (possibly imrc related)), but not sure if that's anything as of yet.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I noticed a change as well. I noticed a difference again when I pulled the intake and locked out the IMRCs, especially on the highway. Its slightly louder at cruise and sounds totally different...in a pleasant way actually. I like it. When I say slight I mean slight, very very little difference but enough for me to notice "hey, sounds different".

Matt
Sponsored