Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yes...no issues. Perfectly centered. Will post a pic.
Please do. Initial fitment issues made me steer away from the exhaust, but still want one
Sponsored

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Please do. Initial fitment issues made me steer away from the exhaust, but still want one
Well perfectly centered I guess wasn't exactly true but they are close enough. Once they have a good coating of carbon on them one will never tell IMO.

July 7, 2017 M'fr date

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well perfectly centered I guess wasn't exactly true but they are close enough. Once they have a good coating of carbon on them one will never tell IMO.

July 7, 2017 M'fr date

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg
Can you give us an opinion of the exhaust note changes with the Borla on the R? Also, can you feel any seat-of-the-pants difference, and have you added a performance air filter to help it breathe better?

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you give us an opinion of the exhaust note changes with the Borla on the R? Also, can you feel any seat-of-the-pants difference, and have you added a performance air filter to help it breathe better?
Probably not a good comparison here since I am not running cats. It's loud...too loud honestly. The valves just changes the tone...Sport/Track just sound deeper. I am running the aFe blue synthetic media filter but also race gas Lund tune. Maybe slight improvement but it certainly breathes better. Stock tune is probably more noticeable.

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Was this the full cat back?

How was the fitment at the tail pipe?
Looks nice. Did you reuse your old heat shield? How difficult was it to install on the new exhaust?

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice. Did you reuse your old heat shield? How difficult was it to install on the new exhaust?
I didn't use the factory heat shield. There was no way it would adapt to the shape of the new x-pipe. I may just heat wrap it.

Install was easy but a lift and second set of hands to tighten brackets while the mufflers are held in the proper place are key.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Install was easy but a lift and second set of hands to tighten brackets while the mufflers are held in the proper place are key.
Thanks. I have the same setup on my car, but did not use any heat shield at all. I still have the factory exhaust and have considered removing the sheiks and adding it to my FP sport exhaust. Have you noticed or have any vibrationss with the new exhaust. I notice a tinny noise, like some metal on metal on startup from the rear end somewhere. It tends to go away after exhaust warms up and car stops vibrating like hell after a cold start.

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I have the same setup on my car, but did not use any heat shield at all. I still have the factory exhaust and have considered removing the sheiks and adding it to my FP sport exhaust. Have you noticed or have any vibrationss with the new exhaust. I notice a tinny noise, like some metal on metal on startup from the rear end somewhere. It tends to go away after exhaust warms up and car stops vibrating like hell after a cold start.
No vibrations here.

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A buddy took some track photos that he just shared with me. Like to see how the suspension is responding to input and the track.

Chad_farischon_Hallett_4-28-18-38.jpg

Chad_farischon_Hallett_4-28-18-4.jpg

Chad_farischon_Hallett_4-28-18-31.jpg

Chad_farischon_Hallett_4-28-18-25.jpg

With this one you can see what I have described along with others the non linear FP rear spring with a lower lb rating in the first 1.25" of compression allowing for great weight transfer on corner exit. I could feel the improvement right away and you can see it here.

Chad_farischon_Hallett_4-28-18-43.jpg

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
RE: the rear springs, I agree and feel the similar difference. Sorry, but I can’t recall your mod list. Do you have the FP bars and solid rear bushings? I added springs and bars this season and am very happy with the feel when pushing hard on Cup 2s. The bars are part of the overall spring rate equation and the rear bar is stout. Th springs and bars are engineered to complement each other and work together very well on track.

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RE: the rear springs, I agree and feel the similar difference. Sorry, but I can’t recall your mod list. Do you have the FP bars and solid rear bushings? I added springs and bars this season and am very happy with the feel when pushing hard on Cup 2s. The bars are part of the overall spring rate equation and the rear bar is stout. The springs and bars are engineered to complement each other and work together very well on track.
Yes I have both of the FP springs and sway bars. Cortex monoballs in the rear LCA's and spherical up front too. Really the only items I have not done is solid subframe or diff bushings...avoiding those thus far but happy with the Steeda rear subframe brace.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Yes I have both of the FP springs and sway bars. Cortex monoballs in the rear LCA's and spherical up front too. Really the only items I have not done is solid subframe or diff bushings...avoiding those thus far but happy with the Steeda rear subframe brace.
What wheels, tires, and sizes are those?

The squat in the turns is great, very minimal body roll, especially for a car this fat, I mean big, I mean, for its size, haha. Have fun at the track:cheers:

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What wheels, tires, and sizes are those?

The squat in the turns is great, very minimal body roll, especially for a car this fat, I mean big, I mean, for its size, haha. Have fun at the track:cheers:
Forgeline GA1R open lug w/ cap (caps removed for the track) 19x11's in R offset with 315/30 PSC2's. You can check out better pics, etc in my earlier posts as well.
Sponsored