Sponsored

Steeda Ultralite Springs & Pro-Action Fixed Shocks Review (150mph Run Included)

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Any scraping driving around Europe?

I'm in Greece right now but I'm too afraid to install my ultralite for fear of ruining my front PP splitter
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Revived this old post to show a good, level-ground, photo of my car’s stance with the factory PP wheels. The fuel tank was half full.
Great picture!! Thank you for sharing!!

Mike D

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Any scraping driving around Europe?

I'm in Greece right now but I'm too afraid to install my ultralite for fear of ruining my front PP splitter
Greece is a bit of a different driving experience than what I see every day, but I’ve had no issues whatsoever driving through Prague and other tough terrain cities. In fact, I’ve only bottomed-out once, and it was driver error from driving to fast in a steep parking garage. Never an issue with the splitter.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Our manufacturing facility is in Valdosta, keep it local :)

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
That stance is perfection for me.
Thanks bud :cheers:

I had a chance to get home for a few days (I'm working out-of-country for a few months) and drove the Mustang. Man-o-man, once these Pirellis get warm there is nothing better! August can't come soon enough.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Watch out on the A5 southbound far left lane between Bensheim and Weinheim, there is a really nasty dip in the road. At 150 mph you will catch air.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Watch out on the A5 southbound far left lane between Bensheim and Weinheim, there is a really nasty dip in the road. At 150 mph you will catch air.
This sounds more like a challenge than a word of caution :cool:

Seriously though, thanks for the heads-up. I don't hit the A5 very often, but I'll take it easy. The A93 is my high-speed heaven :headbang:

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a long while since I've updated this review, so here is update #4:

UPDATE #4: It's now 27 March 2019 and I have put on MANY miles with this setup. To date, other improvements are adding the Steeda roll center correction arms, bumpsteer kit, and bumpstops. First and foremost, the Steeda bumpstops made a surprisingly noticeable difference -- especially for the rear response on very big bumps. The write-up is here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/impressed-surprised-w-steeda-bumpstops.117695/ . I recommend everyone pay the small price to add these to their new springs/dampers.

The roll center/bumpsteer kit thus far is awesome, but I'm going to give it a few weeks (and a good alignment) before writing a review. Sneak preview: front "tilt" vanishes and...the steering becomes BEAUTIFULLY progressive! Anyway, back to the springs: the overall ride and handling from the Ultralites paired with the Steeda ProActions is simply a comfortable, responsive, and proven street-performance application. At ~30% more stiff than an OEM PP, the ride is more than manageable for long drives to some groovy mountain roads. Another added bonus I have realized is with the 1/4" spring spacer I installed in the beginning. When the car is loaded down with my two kids and luggage, the strength of the 880 rear springs along with the higher ride height give some breathing room for suspension travel before there is any danger of the tire colliding with the wheel well.

Are there bads? Yes, but I would say they apply to any car: the only time I have cringed with this setup is while cruising on the highway at ~45mph in a construction zone. The road had raised splits approximately every 10 meters, and at this particular speed the perfectly spaced bumps put the car into an uncomfortable seesaw. I knew the root of the cause, so I sped up 5mph and the frequency changed enough to completely stop the odd oscillation. To note, my stock PP suspension did this too, just at a difference speed and was a touch less abrasive as it had less spring rate.

Would I change anything now if I had it to do over again? Yes, I would have installed the Steeda bumpstops in the beginning to save myself from tearing the car apart again. And, while generally not necessary, I would have thrown on camber plates just so I can get my alignment 100% symmetrical (I'm a bit anal with this).

That's all for update #4. I'll have a review of the roll center/bumpsteer kit up in a few weeks and maybe a few review videos to go along with it. Have a good one - Mike
Sponsored