Sponsored

Wheel Hub Assembly

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I bought GT350R front hubs for mine because I didn't want to mess with my OEM hubs just in case I ever want to go back. Part number is FR3Z-1109-A and it was about $250 shipped.
Ha I was just about to ask the part number.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
how difficult is it to swap hubs? will i need a hydraulic press?
The hubs are bolted to the knuckle with four bolts. To swap hubs, you take the caliper and rotor off, unbolt the old hub and bolt on the new one. The four bolt heads are easy to reach if you swing the steering (with the steering wheel, not by pushing the knuckle) to expose each head in turn. For torqueing them, it's really handy to have a crow-foot flare nut style socket.

It doesn't take more than 10 minutes or so per side to swap. If you're changing the studs and re-installing, that'll take longer of course.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
is there an abs hub ring to deal with somewhere in this? i've broken one before in another car... really hoping i don't do that again.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
is there an abs hub ring to deal with somewhere in this? i've broken one before in another car... really hoping i don't do that again.
Yes. If you're concerned, just unbolt it and hang it out of the way, and put it back when you're done.

OP
OP

Ffr8dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350. Grabber Blue. White stripes.
One more question guys. Should I get the same length studs for the rear? I am going with ARP 3.4" fronts, Should I do 2.9 or 3.4 in the rear?

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i was looking at these ^ because i don't want to deal with rusty wheel studs, and ^ can be bought with optional end caps (if the stud dosen't poke through)... but i couldn't find any other in aluminum or from a reputable brand.

i figured if these start to rust for the reasons you shared, i could just wire brush them up and hit them with rustoleum or similar.

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
i was looking at these ^ because i don't want to deal with rusty wheel studs, and ^ can be bought with optional end caps (if the stud dosen't poke through)... but i couldn't find any other in aluminum or from a reputable brand.

i figured if these start to rust for the reasons you shared, i could just wire brush them up and hit them with rustoleum or similar.
for several times the price ZL1 has long titanium lugs

Sponsored

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
I have these as well and so far they have worked fine...and look much better then factory chrome IMO. However I left them open not using available the caps.

When you first receive the packaging states max torque spec around 85ftp. I contacted Mackin direct to ask about the 15ftp GT 350 spec as that model was listed as comapatible on website and they said it would be no problem.

So far mine are holding up like new but mine are in color pictured.
t440_5d4d91756734818a4a6669cba261f8be.jpg

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
how long have you had those? i wasn't sure about those because i was worried about fading and damaging the finish because i swap wheels/tires more than i want to...

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
how long have you had those? i wasn't sure about those because i was worried about fading and damaging the finish because i swap wheels/tires more than i want to...
Since last July and I also take wheels of when I detail the car...at least 3 times since.
Sponsored